It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Students Reportedly Arrested After Suspected Meth Lab Found in Georgetown University Dorm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Three Students Reportedly Arrested After Suspected Meth Lab Found in Georgetown University Dorm

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON – Three Georgetown University students were arrested Saturday after police found a suspected meth lab in campus dorm room.

Campus police found "chemicals consistent with a meth lab, but no actual drugs" in the room on Harbin Hall's ninth floor early Saturday morning after a resident called to report a strange odor coming from the room, the Washington Post reported.

The dorm's roughly 400 students were forced to evacuate. Seven people were exposed to noxious chemicals, including three students, but no one was transported to the hospital.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What a shame. How many people this event is giong to effect. The poor parents-all their dreams, gone in a flash.

These stupid ass kids. Having the ability and brains to get into a school like that-being able to pay for it (of someone paying for it).

Meth... Just can't believe it. I guess what you hear now-a-days is true. It's everywhare.-Literally.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Sounds like we have our next crop of oil execs. They will go far in this world.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It's not meth. It's something that's gotten a lot of discussion on ATS over the years.

After further investigation Saturday afternoon, they concluded the chemicals were for production of dimethyltryptamine or '___', a hallucinogenic.

I would suggest editing the title of the story to indicate it was in fact a '___' lab.
edit on 23-10-2010 by againuntodust because: wording

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Sounds like a geeked up buzz kill to me HAHAHAHA... It's hard to plant a WHOLE meth lab on someone maybe abag of coke or some weed but a WHOLE meth lab? These people need jail.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The fact that they found a lab, only with 'suspected' chemicals, and no actual drugs- which may or may not suggest an advanced operation where mulit-interests ensure the quick evacuation of the prepared brew, their parents will probably get the best damn lawyers out there because these boys were just doing scientific experiments.

Did they profit? What were they making with the lab? Their lawyers will look at this. These boys are lucky, considering that any other young men with no good lawyers, no finances, no family, would get thrown in the slammer for 1-30 years. The corporate-prison system needs a steady stream of criminals. There's no money in rapists and murderers but drug offenders? Take a look at this stat:

More than half a million people were behind bars for drug offenses in the United States at the end of last year, according to numbers from the Bureau of Justice Statistics. In a report released Sunday, Prisoners in 2004, the Justice Department number-crunchers found that people sentenced for drug crimes accounted for 21% of state prisoners and 55% of all federal prisoners.

SOURCE

Think slavery ended in the late 1800's? Slavery still exists- even in the United States of America. It's just been reinvented and refined and exists literally in plain sight. We should see it in front of our eyes but we don't, because... They told us slavery ended after the Civil war... Right? If you use drugs it may be your own fault- why does the government find it important to decide what people willingly ingest or inhale? They put the addicted slaves to work in prison or lock them up to ensure they get the paycheck from the taxpayers. The more slaves, the better.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I agree with your post. However, any lab in a public building is dangerous and its a risk others should not be forced to take, but I don't feel there should be any real sentencing.

I don't believe in the drug laws, at all, but I do believe in protecting people from dangers.

Though prisons and abuse of sentencing is not something that should be tolerated by the public.
edit on 23-10-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Dorm room '___' lab...smart kids (sarcasm).

While I've got nothing against '___' (if used extremely sparingly and responsibly), these kids are morons.

WHO the hell thinks they could get away with refining '___' inside a dorm room? Kids just flushed thousands of dollars, years of education and their professional and academic reputations down the toilet for a fairly-easily obtainable, extremely potent psychedelic. Whatever, morons like that have no business holding an undergrad degree.

new topics

top topics

join