It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are WE so different from ETs ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
For all of you that believe that we might come in contact with ET's... this is one thing I've always pondered.

What if they are like us?

What if their governments or powers are as corrupted as ours? Would you trust them ?

Do they dance? Do they laugh?
Do they cry?
Do they get strung up over everyday life?
Do they drink?
Do they hate their 'job'?
Do they start wars to make 'money'?
Do they have a controlling force?

Some of us sit outside every night and stare at the stars, telling themselves that there will be something 'more' in years to come..

Imagine they looked exactly like us.. and that we are just an extension of their population. We are just as irate as them.. we kill each other for personal benefits/beliefs.

Do you really want ET contact?

Personally.. I do. But I always look at this perspective as a possibility. They could be exactly like us.

OUR human population right now isn't exactly anything I'd bring home to mother earth. What if every other ET acted like we did ?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

I want the fact that the government has contact with these beings acknowledged.
I want the ET's to share their technology, to rid us of our governments, and to be under the 'Galactic Councils' rule.

I don't really want to live amongst these beings, they're creepy.
But I'd like it if we had relations with them.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
As I just mentioned here, I am not sure how valid it is to personify ETs, but I would like to believe that they have *some* sort of social constructs that we would relate to.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
For all of you that believe that we might come in contact with ET's... this is one thing I've always pondered.

What if their governments or powers are as corrupted as ours? Would you trust them ?

Do they cry?
Do they drink?

Some of us sit outside every night and stare at the stars, telling themselves that there will be something 'more' in years to come..

Imagine they looked exactly like us.. and that we are just an extension of their population. We are just as irate as them.. we kill each other for personal benefits/beliefs.

Personally.. I do. But I always look at this perspective as a possibility. They could be exactly like us.

OUR human population right now isn't exactly anything I'd bring home to mother earth. What if every other ET acted like we did ?

Think about this if there are ET's then they will be totally different. How could you communicate with something so more advanced then you? It would be like us trying to talk to a worm.... IF ET'S really exist.
Might not be this great love they have for us but maybe a resentful hate and want our resources?? Even if your another form of human then you will have to have resources
IMO. If they are so smart though then they would understand like when we watch animals in the wild they hunt and kill and eat hunt kill eat... They would know we are just trying to survive also...
edit on 23-10-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

I want the fact that the government has contact with these beings acknowledged.
I want the ET's to share their technology, to rid us of our governments, and to be under the 'Galactic Councils' rule.

I don't really want to live amongst these beings, they're creepy.
But I'd like it if we had relations with them.

Cheers
Brady

I agree. I have no doubt that the government(s) have been in contact with ET's for some time.

But think of it on a military level. If some higher, advanced civilization gives you weapons or technology.. you're going to use that to your advantage.

I bet they HAVE been sharing their technology but we're not the ones that get to see/hear about it.

Put yourself in the shoes of somebody with that sort of knowledge.. it's your job and your duty to not let it spill.

If somebody paid me enough to not say anything, I wouldn't. I can bet this happens a lot. If you have enough money, you can afford everything that makes you happy in life (to an extent). There are probably people being paid insane amounts of money just to keep their lid tight. I don't blame them... but it doesn't help our overall human population.

@thecinic
Think about us, 100 years from now. We'd be insanely technologically (and hopefully spiritually) advanced. The 'they' could be us (humans), but just born way the F before we were.

I don't doubt the resources idea either.. the annunaki already have their stories about using gold as a 'shield' in the atmosphere. It makes sense when you give it some light. Astronauts use gold plating on their helmet for solar protection.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
As I just mentioned here, I am not sure how valid it is to personify ETs, but I would like to believe that they have *some* sort of social constructs that we would relate to.

I wonder if it's only hopeful to wish for those sympathetic social constructs. In my belief, the aliens are much more alien than that. I wonder if an alien race beyond our ability to fear/imagine, will have a cultural imperatives - a morality - that we can't even conceive of, much less relate to. I believe these creatures to be the true unknown. A true 'alien'. They're not just going to be normal people - but with a crest on their heads, and who speak some foreign language we can eventually maybe one day learn in college - they're going to be something so unusual, that we have no visual dialect within which to see them. Alien!

But yea, otherwise, if 'they' do end up being the more 'down-to-earth', blaster-weilding type of deadbeat alien that basically stumbled in from the Mos Eisley bar scene in Star Wars, then the OP is right about one thing: am wary of meeting more 'humans', if that ends up being the case

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I guess your question can be answered differently depending on whether you see ETs as biological entities, inter dimensional entities or a mixture of two. Then you have to take into consideration whether we possess some of their DNA or viceversa. I would assume the more primitive the extra terrestrial life form, the closest in similarity to human behavior: For example, assuming it's comparable in our biological ways, then they will surely have a need to physically survive. If they are, however super advanced (self-cloning, transfer of consciousness, perfect health, reparative therapy etc) or dare I say it, immortal, interdimensional, then they are probably MUCH different than us because their needs will be of superior intellectual, technological, or even spiritual nature.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isawsomething
I guess your question can be answered differently depending on whether you see ETs as biological entities, inter dimensional entities or a mixture of two.

Seriously! We might not even really be able to see them in any conventional way, much less interact with them at a practical level, if this were the case.

I remember Michio Kaku describing first contact from an 'alien' perspective being comparable to something like walking up to an anthill, and saying, "I bring you peace, goodwill, and the secret of nuclear energy" (or something like that - I probably butchered it). Anyway, it was a good analogy, when considering a culture's evolution on a larger scale than we can imagine.
edit on 23-10-2010 by autobono because: optimized!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isawsomething
I guess your question can be answered differently depending on whether you see ETs as biological entities, inter dimensional entities or a mixture of two. Then you have to take into consideration whether we possess some of their DNA or viceversa. I would assume the more primitive the extra terrestrial life form, the closest in similarity to human behavior: For example, assuming it's comparable in our biological ways, then they will surely have a need to physically survive. If they are, however super advanced (self-cloning, transfer of consciousness, perfect health, reparative therapy etc) or dare I say it, immortal, interdimensional, then they are probably MUCH different than us because their needs will be of superior intellectual, technological, or even spiritual nature.

They could be either. I'm sure there are beings exactly like us, but there also could be spiritual/interdimensional beings.

Both could exist. I don't like the idea that everyone looks at ET's at completely different from us in every way. Sure, they'd be more advanced and would have seen a lot more things than we have.. but then where did we come from? I like to think.. them.

Even look at us, 1000 years ago. Nobody could fathom the technologies or thoughts we have now.. it only gets more powerful from here. That's why I believe ET's are us, but wayyy older.

Look at it this way.. if you don't believe in the whole 2012 deal and we're all going to die.. where do we go from here? We'll populate other planets when we are able to do so. Is it such a stretch to say that hasn't already happened and that's why us humans are here on earth?

edit on 23-10-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO

Do they cry?
Do they drink?

Well, when going by what the ancient texts says about "Those from above", they are very much like Earthlings, yes. Only far more advanced.
They feasted, they drank, they had sex, they fell in love, they argued, fought wars and so on and so on.

The argument that is so often seen, that says; "Oh my God, why would they come HERE- We are so UNEVOLVED", is just stupid, really. First; Earthlings is really not unable to do anything that the 'gods' in the old texts couldn't do; Fly around in the air, harnessing weapons that can turn the object into ash, Bioengineering, bring dead people back to life, and so on.

If a Society of Ants had all this technology, would the people that considers Earthlings to be sooo unevoled, still consider that Ant-Society to be "Unevolved" and "Unable to understand any contact"?

The only thing that differs is really species, races and cultures, that's all.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In physical appearance, maybe, the alien we all seen in pic, are just robots, not the real alien, from the universe. Their essence is very must pure than our essence.

Their governments are not corrupted, because they are beings who are enlightened. Once you are enlightenment, you are not corrupted. They are not corrupted in the inside, so they will never be on the outside. The degenerated alien, like us, are corrupted, just like our government, and our own inner corruption. All the corruption in the world is the reflection the corruption inside of us.

Do they dance? Do they laugh? Yes, they may dance the sacred dances. Yes, they laugh, just under control, and not out of control.
Do they cry? Yes, they cry with control. Not like us, when we scream, and even when our face turns red.
Do they get strung up over everyday life? No, because they are enlightened.
Do they drink? maybe, i dont know
Do they hate their 'job'? No, they may or may not have jobs, like in Venus, they do. In life, there is nothing to hate.
Do they start wars to make 'money'? No they dont use money, because money is corruption, and separation from nature. And they don't have wars.
Do they have a controlling force? Yes, forcing beyond your imagination.

Some of us sit outside every night and stare at the stars, telling themselves that there will be something 'more' in years to come.. That is very good,brother, very good, and sign of your consciousness.

Do you really want ET contact? If you follow the truth, yes, because you'll learn about the true knowledge of the truth.

Yes, they can look like us.
OUR human population right now isn't exactly anything I'd bring home to mother earth. What if every other ET acted like we did ? Well, some degeneration alien act like us, because of their degeneration. But the other one, no, they act different, because they are enlightened.

paz inverencial

you my brother have earn it

gnosticteachings.org

new topics

top topics

join