It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a C 130 ?

page: 1

join
share:
LL1

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
yes that is a C-130. it is using an missle counter measure called flares which are used to confuse incomming heat seeking missles.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
yes. it looks like either a Spectre, Spooky, or Combat Talon variant of the C-130.

-koji K.

LL1

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thank You! Reason, I was on Al Jazeera(Aarabic side), and I've failed Arabic you see.
But our news media just indicated a C130 was just hit, and I wanted to know if this was the C 130 the media is talking about.
Again thanks!

E_T

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here's nice pics and video about this Angel decoy:

www.strategypage.com...
www.webmutants.com...

And that's propably AC-130 gunship version, I think normal C-130 doesn't have those.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
yes that is a spectra looks like a C-130 but a normal C-130 dosent have those armaments and ECM.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well i can tell you it is at least a c-130j (or gunship/Signals Broadcasting variant etc.), as it has those weird 6 bladed props.

The Hercules C4/C5s are optimised for economical operation by the introduction of new Allison turboprop engines, 6-bladed composite propellers and a digital engine control system which increases take-off thrust by 29% and is 15% more efficient.

quote from the RAF website

Judging by the flaps and undercarriage it is either taking off or landing.

Originally Posted by KrazyIvan
yes that is a C-130. it is using an missle counter measure called flares which are used to confuse incomming heat seeking missles.

dead right there matey. The heat of the flares draws the missile towards them instead of the aircraft.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This might be usefull to your info quest :

Link

LL1

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thank you allllll for the information.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just adding my two cents.

It's a C-130J. The US has them, and several foreign countries (Australia and I think the UK).

The one in the picture is a standard airlift 130. Nothing special about it (not a gunship, Talon or Commando Solo). Most 130's in the AF inventory have (or going to have) the chaff/flare system installed.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
yes it is an ac130 spectre but the regular c130 does have flares i know people that work on c130s and deploy flares if nessecary.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsoon
Just adding my two cents.

It's a C-130J. The US has them, and several foreign countries (Australia and I think the UK).

The one in the picture is a standard airlift 130. Nothing special about it (not a gunship, Talon or Commando Solo). Most 130's in the AF inventory have (or going to have) the chaff/flare system installed.

and the winner is...

bingo monsoon....I concur

new topics

top topics

join