It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quaids fleeing 'star-whackers' in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Quaids fleeing 'star-whackers' in U.S.

www.cbc.ca

Actor Randy Quaid and his wife have told an immigration hearing in Vancouver they need asylum in Canada to escape from "Hollywood star whackers."

The couple, who have been embroiled in several legal skirmishes in California all year, were picked up in a tony shopping neighbourhood Thursday and have been held in jail on outstanding U.S. warrants.

Their first appearance in front of an immigration hearing turned into a bizarre spectacle of outrageous claims and solemn promises.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theglobeandmail.co m
www.hollywoodreporter.com
www.dailymail.co .uk

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Seriously, this is AWESOME.

We have people looking for refugee status for disasters, mobs, failed states, threats of torture.....and now we are getting refugees from HOLLYWOOD.

Seriously, I'm inclined to grant this merely on the awesomeness factor here. A+ for creativity.

The pictures in last link are fabulous. Including a picture of their note confirming they are seeking asylum. Which is awesome in itself.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Nice headline ,i thought this was going to be about some aliens or interplanetary war,instead i open up the tabloids on Hollywoods finest.Wasnt Randy Quaid the Griswolds cousin in National Lampoons Vacation ?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Yes he was, he seems to be just as crazy as the Uncle Eddie character he played. Doesn't seem like it was to much of a stretch seeing this

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If wants protection that last place he should go is a country that controls your ability to protect yourself...(No hate, I love my Canadian brothers and sisters).

I invite him to the state of Nevada, buy a nice house-load up on guns, have a great time.

If he's really worried about star whackers he wouldn't flee the country over it. I'm really not sure this is a real threat at all.

Hopefully Mr, Quaid takes my advice.
edit on 23-10-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
If wants protection that last place he should go is a country that controls your ability to protect yourself...(No hate, I love my Canadian brothers and sisters).

I invite him to the state of Nevada, buy a nice house-load up on guns, have a great time.

If he's really worried about star whackers he wouldn't flee the country over it. I'm really not sure this is a real threat at all.

Hopefully Mr, Quaid takes my advice.
edit on 23-10-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Exactly what a star whacker would say!

Stay in Canada Quaid we

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

The couple, who have been embroiled in several legal skirmishes in California all year, were picked up in a tony shopping neighbourhood Thursday and have been held in jail on outstanding U.S. warrants.

A "tony" shopping neighborhood? I love dated slang. It makes me feel like I'm in the movie "Tombstone".

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Good call Randy ..

.. and a smart move !

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I never realized having watched Randy Quaid play these oddball characters in his movies that he wasn't acting.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
Good call Randy ..

.. and a smart move !

Oh yeah, those "star-whackers" would NEVER think to come into Canada to knock him off.. there must be some invisible border force-field that prevents whack-jobs from entering our country.. Oh. wait..

top topics

join