It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That 'Chinese Professor' Commercial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Have ya'll seen it yet? It's a striking commercial I think. Anyways .. some info ...

The is by Citizens Against Government Waste. J. Peter Grace founded the group. (he has passed away) The producer also put out ads like the "Willie Horton" ad and some others for Bush 43 - like "Ashleys story".

The year this ad takes place in is 2030. The setting is a university auditorium in Beijing, China. It shows a professor lecturing a class on world economic history. He is teaching that great nations and empires all throughout history fell due to the same reason, that reason being that they taxed and over-spent themselves into obscurity.

Some talking heads say it's China-bashing. Actually, I see it as just the opposite. They come out the winners and the smart ones. They use America against America and come out on top. (or they let us fail on our own ... which ever way you want to look at it) I don't see bashing .. I see them looking pretty darn smart.

Anyways .....
China bashing? or telling the truth? or fear mongering? Or political and economic prophecy?
Or just a well put together commercial by a political group? etc etc. You be the judge.
However you look at it .. it's a striking commercial.
edit on 10/23/2010 by FlyersFan because: fixing video

edit on 10/23/2010 by FlyersFan because: I tried to get the video to come up in a Youtube window .. but couldn't get it to. Sorry

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Have ya'll seen it yet?

Why yes we have

www.abovetopsecret.com...

spec

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Oh rats.

I did a search but didn't see that cuz' of the title difference.
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

i'd label it as fear-mongering and highly dis-informative, as it tries o pin America's economic problems not on an entire system of bi-partisan corruption, but on merely the actions of the current Administration. I find this perspective to be highly partisan and therefor suspect.

edit on 23-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Greed = Fail, Everytime.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
That's the first I've seen that commercial.
Really makes you think.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I have no doubt in my mind that china is guilty of many things as a nation, namely over the way it treats it's citizens, but the situation with the United states at this current moment has little to nothing to do with China. I view this video as a way to scapegoat China for the many issues this country is going through. If you want to criticize China for its state of freedoms and human rights, do so, but using them as an excuse for the mess we have in this country is not the solution to our problems.'

Did China cause our debt to be at this state? Nope, we did, the American people. Our representatives may be at the front of this mess, but we voted them in time and time again. Just looked at the debt clock, we passed 14 trillion? Yep, the Obama administration is just continuing the cycle of the Bush's and Reagan before. We talk about "capitalism" and "freedom" on this board as if these are central beliefs to the American belief structure, yet over the last 30 years our debt rose in place of political and corporate funded wars and a trickle down system that added nothing aside from giving more to so few and less to so many.

China is taking advantage of our country but who could blame them? This is an opportunity, they see a sinking ship at the fault of the captain and his crew, and they seize the opportunity. No different to what the United States and Britain did decades and centuries ago. As for the Chinese people themselves, I have come to know many Chinese citizens and those of Chinese decent; I even went to Asia a few years back and met many down to earth Chinese folk. They are working people, they can hold a decent conversation, and they have similar hopes and dreams to us. I know a Chinese family who hold the greatest of expectations for their children. They work hard, the son studies like there’s no tomorrow and the father works 9 hours a day. My work colleague who is of Chinese decent, immigrated years ago, works something like 11 hours a day, and works almost every Saturday. I don't know how the hell they do it, but I can understand why free market conservatives run like oompa loompas at the idea of these people competing with us.

Ah yes, and I noticed mention of the healthcare bill in the video. Yep, gotta be political for the CAGW I tell ya. As much as I believe this healthcare bill is not the solution to this crises, and will mostly be part of the problem, the healthcare bill has only been around for what? one year. It has not even started being practice in our laws for the most part, so I find it humorous that here we have, the healthcare bill passed in 2010, as referenced as the key problem to why we have this $14 trillion debt, decades in the making. Yep, great explanation.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Some talking heads say it's China-bashing. Actually, I see it as just the opposite. They come out the winners and the smart ones. They use America against America and come out on top. (or they let us fail on our own ... which ever way you want to look at it) I don't see bashing .. I see them looking pretty darn smart.

they are smart. i read some stuff recenlty that reckons they have a higher IQ...

new topics

top topics

join