It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don’t Care About Conspiracies, Do You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I was just reading through some threads, and yes I know this is my second thread today, am bored ok.

Anyway I got thinking, I really don’t care that much about conspiracies.

Don’t get me wrong I find them absolutely fascinating and love reading alternative theories to what’s going on in the world. I love it when I find a theory that I can buy into, I like the buzz of discovering something new or closely analysing the news to find some possible hidden secret.

However when all is said and done none of this really as any real impact on myself, I have not been affected by a single conspiracy or allow my love of the conspiracy theory to affect anything in my day to day life. In short I really don’t care if 9/11 was a massive cover up, if we have been visited by UFO’s and if we are all being secretly controlled by the NWO because none of this has ever had any impact on my life.

Even supposing that my life is being indirectly affected in some way by the NWO, then they are not doing anything that I can say is negative. I am very happy in my life just now so if they are pulling my strings in some way then by all means they can keep it up (in truth I don’t even think they exist as a NWO group). I can’t see any reason for the Government or security services to keep watch on me so I don’t really care about that, I have nothing to hide so the presence of Big Brother is something else I don’t care about. I have never been affected by any so called false flag operations nor have I been visited by UFO’s so again I don’t really care about any of that stuff rather I just find it all very intriguing.

This Thought only came to me as I was glancing through the ATS threads today, but it made me wonder: is any one directly affected by any conspiracies that directly impact on their day to day life’s or are most of you like me and just don’t really care but find it all very interesting? Do any of you make any significant changes to your life’s based on what you have learned from your love of conspiracies or are you like me and take it all with a pinch of salt and don’t bother constructing tinfoil because you really don’t care?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I could tell you why you should really care about what your government is doing or not doing. I could go on to explain why so much evil and ignorance in this world is allowed to happen and why is it connected to many conspiracies discussed on ATS. I could even tell you why you don't care and how it has connections to several conspiracies. I would but then I don't care about this thread... a total waste of time was even writing this post
... my bad.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
well, i can see your point of view, and i agree with you, in the respect that my life is more or less ok, even if, in a lot of ways the World is really, really ****** up.

having said that, i have/ had friends and relatives in the forces, and i would be sick to think they had risked their lives in wars that were conducted for the 'wrong reasons'

also, isnt that what the power that be want? people to be happy with the bread and circuses that they provide?

i would hate to think that all that life had to offer was tv talent shows and soap operas.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

If it was such a waste of time you wouldn’t have bothered in the first place.

Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean i am ignorant i know that the government do evil things I am almost convinced there could be a few UFO’s kicking about. However none of these things have had a direct impact on my life and therefore i really don’t care about it that much.

My real questing is if you care, has it affect your life and do you make any alternations that you would not have otherwise made if you didn’t know some aspects of what could be collectively called “conspiracy theory”

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The 911 stuff bugged me out for a couple of years, and drove me to a bit of isolation from family and some friends.
But like you, I am less effected now, and the same goes for NWO, aliens and big brother.
The only "conspiracies" that concern me these days, at least to a point of agitation is Big Pharma and Monsanto shenanigans, conspiring to put profits before people, imo.
Maybe another conspiracy that gets to me is the media sensationalist spin doctor's who would rather obtain ratings than provide truth, and continue to divide and misinform.

spec

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I suppose another aspect to this is that it would be specific for each individual for example if i was like you and believed in the pharma conspiracies then that would most definitely have a impact on my life. But I don’t therefore it has no effect on my life, I do however have a belief that there is something not quite right about 9/11 despite this however it has not affected my life and therefore i don’t really care all that much about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

You are wrong, in the worst way.

Everything you are, all your identity, all your values, all your convictions, everything you actually are - has been programed by a higher control.

You are entirely effected by it all.

Everything you've seen in the media, anything that has been passed down by your elders, everything you read in Religion.

It's all been made to program and control you.

Once you understand that, then you can build on your soul.

edit on 23-10-2010 by NsatatRisatoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What a strange statement and thread, why would you bother to come to ATS if you don't believe in or care about conspiracies, did not someone tell you that this is a conspiracy site.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
To the OP ...

It sounds like you are embracing an apathy, and working on the craft which will eventually make it an over-wrought defiance against activity you might otherwise partake in. That's ever your choice, but it does come across as selfish-sounding. Or perhaps you are so unselfish that you would tell everyone these things, and secretly be doing a world of good in your own life, because you can focus on select, but helpful avenues without everyones expectations landed on your shoulders. Either way, I won't gripe about your post. Maybe you'll feel better about things another day, when a better cause catches your attention, when the needs become more drawn, and if reminded about this post you would wonder why you ever wrote such things.

Also, everything is proportionate to real action. For example, and don't read into this because it is intended as aside from you. For example, if a Scrooge-like character earns multi-millions, then has a change of heart, their future philanthropy can do more good than millions of people do over their entire lives. Or take the example of an announcer I heard on the radio the other day, who was warning the entire listenership about the dangers to us, especially children, found in leeching from products packaged in plastic. He might have done more good than a week of posting here, in a mere twenty seconds! It's a question of leverage, not apathy, and what is leveraged against you, as I see it.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I have heard that a group in Texas conspired against a group in New York recently!

Apparently G.W.Bush was involved in the Texas group,some how.

There are many other conspiracies taking place today and even tomorrow.

I will keep you all informed.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I understand your point.

Except for the amount of time I spend on conspiracy stuff actually more on science stuff I didn't know of yet...

It doesn't really change anything for me.

I could go all mental, but people will not believe me and lock me up. Or I could do whatever...I still need to eat, drink, sleep,. That won't stop life. I won't hold my life for wasting my own time about it if It was not really more then a hobby. Well a big one anywy

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Don't you understand?

You are directly affected, or you wouldn't make a thread like this.

That thought wouldn't be coming into your mind at all, you'd understand reality is subjective, not what you think or feel it is, or what you've been told it is.

You come to a conspiracy website to tell everybody there are no conspiracies.

Ask yourself what's really making you do that?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NsatatRisatoz

You come to a conspiracy website to tell everybody there are no conspiracies.

He also comes to the site to tell ATS how they should run this site, that mentally ill people should be banned and on and on, have you checked out all is anti-ATS negative threads, why he is here is beyond me, go figure, maybe it's becasue he is 21 years old and has much to learn.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I pity the fool who doesn't care

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think it’s all subjective, if you truly believe in the existence of a NWO, the you are going to care allot about the world of “conspiracy theory” because most variations of that theory suggest that every individual is in some way affected by it. Therefore it’s going to be a big deal for you, I on the other hand hold no such belief as a result it does not affect my life in anyway and thus I do not care about it.

It’s not that I don’t believe in conspiracies as such rather its just that I don’t really care enough for them to impact on my day to day life. I believe that there might be some UFO’s kicking about in our skies but I don’t really care about them enough to go out with my telescope and tinfoil hat every night. This may appear that I am being lethargic or even ignorant but its really not, I know about a number of conspiracy theories and have even gone as far to research some of my own. This however is more of a hobby for me, something I do to unwind and educate myself its by no means a way of life and as such I really don’t care that much about it in the same way as I care for other important aspects in my life.

edit on 23-10-2010 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

It makes me wonder if soul-less people really do exist, seems like a lot of time wasted just to enforce the status quo, what he's been told reality is.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I am not anti-ATS, I am anti stupidity and there is quite allot of that in my opinion and I call it as I see it. If you wish to challenge any of my views feel free to do so on the relevant thread i will happily discuss them with you. My views on mental health come up quite allot on this site, nice to know I have some notoriety, and yes I still stand by them.

I am curious, you brought up my age, what age do I have to be before that is no longer an issue and why?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Do you ever even ask yourself what your life is about?

What you truly want out of life, without the outside influence?

You may be so deep under control, you may not even know what's really effecting you.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I also don't think age has much to do without, I'm the exact same age as you.

Think harder about what you really want, if it's what everybody else seems to want, it's not really you, it's been programmed.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NsatatRisatoz

Yes I have asked myself very often what my life is about, I am relatively secure about who I am and what I want in life and further to this what I want to give in my life.

I am pretty sure I am not under any sort of mind control, we are however all subject to influences and yes I am aware of this although I do not believe that there is a hidden objective to control me for any propose. A perfect example of this can be found by looking at the thread i wrote before this that was highly critical of celebrity culture or my writing about my views on the treatment of the poor. It seems to me that allot of people are highly on ATS are highly influenced by each other into accepting views that they would not otherwise accept, therefore is it not perhaps you who should look at what is influencing you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join