It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Banking Fraud Probe Widens: Church 'Astonished' It Must Adhere to Money Laundering Laws

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Vatican Banking Fraud Probe Widens: Church 'Astonished' It Must Adhere to Money Laundering Laws

www.activistpost.com

The Associated Press reported today that the Vatican expressed "astonishment" when an Italian court rejected the release of Vatican bank funds seized by authorities for failing to comply with international money laundering laws.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Italian Police Seize $30 Million From Vatican In Probe

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
When this story first broke I thought it would be just a tiny blip, then dissapear.

Curious, its still pops up here and there.

Imagine, the Vatican is "astonished".

The most interesting part of this conspiracy is the little know fact : Thanks to Zorgon

National Technology Transfer Center (NTTC)

The National Technology Transfer Center (NTTC) has entered its 20th year of providing technology transfer services for federal facilities of our nation. Our work has provided clients with technical and market research expertise dedicated to meeting the complex needs of technology transfer organizations, while providing close support focusing on customer service. NTTC is inspired by the technologies developed at our federal R&D institutions, and is proud of our work commercializing and disseminating federal innovation for the betterment of our nation's economy.

©2009 National Technology Transfer Center, Wheeling Jesuit University

www.nttc.edu...

Wheeling Jesuit University also receives annual grants from NASA. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but a public funded agency that claims to be having budget issues, funding programs of a church..

AboveTopSecret.com

www.activistpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanks for keeping an eye on this.

The seizure of their funds was like the fifteen hundredth wake-up call for them. Their practices give us something of a glimpse of a banking industry with zero oversight.... not that what we have is much removed from that point.

The Vatican's bank has always been a source of temptation to that institution (not meaning the church - meaning the institution of the Vatican which is an entirely different animal.) It has fallen before and seems inclined to fall again.... except this time there will be no Pope righteously quoting Jesus about removing the money-changers from the notional central temple of the Catholic church... because the last one sort of 'went away.' after that little scene.

30 Million seems like a pittance considering the wealth they deal with. Does the Vatican have it's own currency?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Only 30 million? And the Vatican is acting so upset?

Sounds like this evil empire is finally going broke, to even draw attention to such a globally paltry amount of chump change.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

30 Million as compared to 50 Billion a year in the Black World.

Pentagons Black Budget 50 Billion a year

Yeah, somehow I dont see anyone here in this production even worried about giving an honest answer concerning the 30 million. I am just amused that for some reason this is in the press.

Maybe TPTB have to use a variety of money laundering schemes...after all they cant bomb The Pentagon every year.
Maybe someone who knows that the Pentagon, and The Vatican are involved decided to get a piece of the pie.

Here is some really interesting info...way off the beaten path.
www.vaticanassassins.org...

z10.invisionfree.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Wow, you aint kidding! Now perusing Vaticanassassins, very out there and interesting!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
www.catholicnews.com...

RAI, citing judicial sources, said the move followed the seizure Sept. 20 by Italian treasury police of 23 million euros (US$30 million) that had been deposited in a Rome bank account by the Vatican bank.

The Vatican expressed "bewilderment and amazement" at the legal action, saying its operations were legitimate and documented.

Last fall, Pope Benedict XVI named Gotti Tedeschi, an Italian banker and professor of financial ethics at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart in Milan, as president of the Vatican bank, known formally as the Institute for the Works of Religion. The appointment was seen at the time as a move toward greater transparency in the bank's operations.

According to the RAI report, no proof of money-laundering had emerged in the probe, but investigators said the Vatican bank had failed to disclose information about banking operations as mandated by Italy's 2007 law against money-laundering. It said a second unnamed official of the bank was also under investigation.

A statement issued by the Vatican's Secretariat of State Sept. 21 said the Vatican bank was committed to "full transparency" in its operations and had been actively working for some time with Italian and international authorities to comply with procedures that ensure funds are not used for terrorism or money-laundering.

It said the necessary information on the particular banking operations being probed were readily available to investigators.
"The Holy See therefore wants to express the maximum trust in the president and director general of the IOR," the statement said.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Oh yeah, thats just the tip of the Iceberg.

By the way, did you see this incredible bit of news?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Now that is a nuclear hot bit.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is an incredibly misleading title of analysis... Not news. The actual news is in the AP article linked to on this sensationalist article...

The astonishment was due to the fact that the Italian government wasn't returning the money.... Not that they had to comply with laws...

The Associated Press reported today that the Vatican expressed "astonishment" when an Italian court rejected the release of Vatican bank funds seized by authorities for failing to comply with international money laundering laws.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What do you think.
The Vatican will threaten to expose illuminati secrets and the whole event will be smoothed over.
Yeah 30 mill so what, the authorities have something to work on.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Yes, most likely.
Or someones head will roll.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Imagine, the Vatican is "astonished".

Yes, it is rather astonishing that inanimate objects can have such expressive human emotions. Could it be that humans and corporations are interchangeable by definition?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

They are indeed.

Actually, corporations have more rights these days than humans do.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

30 Million seems like a pittance considering the wealth they deal with. Does the Vatican have it's own currency?

Yes, children.

OK, Bad taste joke. Yes, the Euro, I believe.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
they'Re astonIsheD becaUse god'S reprsentaives should nOt Fall under Man's laws- sO they thiNk. now thEy reallY are being proSceuted Or judged and are like, "everything We did was all lEgal." hmmm.... where did i heAr that pompus, verbaL vomit before? then again reaLly, aren't you supposed to have sanCtuAry in the chruch or somethiNg like that? with the Growing pRoblems Of twenty-seven hundred page laWs, and the growIng number oF laws, and the groWing numbEr of enforcement; Whether if is fOr the corporatioNs or staTes or federals agencies. who knoWs what should rEally happen With so many laws In so many countries and most countries don't even folLow their own Laws, and i'm sure they are the ones to be enforcing this judgment? i don't see how to reALLy Prosecute onE side moRe than the other. It seems like it iS a catastropHy waiting to happen.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

Well said, it seems that the world is on the brink of Chaos, perhaps war.
The Vatican has a large amount of control over the global scene.

I hope someone can offer some insight into why this is in the news. I find it really curious...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Yes, most likely.
Or someones head will roll.

Yeah I was thinking that but there are many ways these situations are pressured in the right
direction.
I can't think of too many that ended without death but perhaps in a less serious matter
was Clinton pressured to 'bomb Osama' by saying he would be saved from impeachment.
The old we have the goods on you so lets cooperate.
Another one was the mob photos of JE Hoover in a dress.
If true, helped the mob get off for years or another made up conspiracy from an inventive
web site.
The Jesuits some how get involved with some of the best situations and perhaps even
know of Mr. Lyne and his ether science work and of Spielberg and the reason for his
ET movies of the phony kind.
The hidden Illuminati do not want the light of day and would rather make vampire
movies to make easy money.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I found some history amongst the ashes of time. I helps to know one's history.

When will man learn?
Is man reformable?
There is choice.

You really 'do' have an audience.
Folks are accountable one way or another.
The mere desire for 'wealth' and 'power' destroys one from within to without.
Does it not?
edit on 23-10-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
We are well and truely sc^%$wed my friends.
There is no alternative out there that will not end in exploitation and slavery for the people.
take all the assets from the rich iin this world, distribute it evenly....and in ten years the same greedy bastards will have most of it all back again.
The departure from todays systems must be radically based on the technologies that make men independantly free from the needs we pay so heavily for today.
If we had a free power machine available,(and we just might have....)the PTB would find the reasons to licence, tax, restrict ownership, or outlaw the damn thing....

There will never be a free lunch....!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
lol, peter fined paul 30 million... oh noes! the Vatican has been robed! Where EXACTLY was the 30 million the vatican was fined deposited again?... Hopefully not the Bank of America - um I mean the Bank of Italy...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join