It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-TinFoil Contingency Plan-

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm guessing this wouldn't work in the UK? Because that would mean transmitting overseas, and that would be pretty hard to do.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Techy

im not sure who regulates transmissions in the UK or what the laws are like, but i dont see any reason for packet radio not to work in the UK.

it would be its own network. joining a UK network to an american network would be achieved by relaying through a country that still has regular internet.

for instance if the UK has no internet, but a packet radio (or some other) network communications, you would have to transmit to somewhere like france or the netherlands (assuming they had internet). which would act as your gateway. data would stream across the normal net to a canadian or mexican gateway, and transmitted over the border in the same manner.

the variable here is we do not know which countries will have internet, and which ones wont. the only way for these over the border gateways to work is if you have enough power to transmit the distance required.

i dont know of any way to broadcast from america to the UK directly except shortwave. and i have no idea if shortwave is capable of data streaming.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

So if the netkill is global, there would be no way of data streaming between the Americas and Europe? America and Europe could each run their own networks but would still need a way to transfer data between the networks. Would it not be possible to have relay stations in Iceland and Greenland? Although I'm not sure how hard it would be to transmit packet radio from England to Iceland.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join