It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a Guideline for Posting a Photo So It Won't Get Cut Off

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

If a picture that was originally small, is resized to be bigger, then it may appear to be more blurred/less sharp. It's always better to take the picture with the highest possible resolution, for more sharpness and more details. Then you can resize it later to make it smaller if you need to (but save the new resized image as a new copy, and leave the original big image untouched, unless you want to lose the best image).

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
In other words: You can make a big image smaller without losing much sharpness, but you can't make a small image bigger without losing sharpness

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I finally get it. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Let me hop in here with a quick question while we're on the topic of pictures... Hellmutt, how can I make my mini-background as big as yours??? The one i'm using has ended up off center and cut off and I apparently suck at figuring it out. Is there an easy way to make it look right?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

I'm not sure. I've used the same mini-background a long time. kinglizard made it for me

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I saw that issue of anomalies on backgrounds of mini-profiles since the ATS Update being discussed on another thread but I don't remember what the solutions were!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yeah I have background/avatar problems as well - I can't for the life of me figure out if I'm doing anything wrong as I'm sure I'm within the size limits (160 x 320 pixels right?).

I think I've also read in another thread that the limit was [something] x 400 pixels... I'm sooo very confused unless it's actually 160 x (about) 300 pixels.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

There's a thread about the new avatar/background guidelines here that might be helpful if my advice doesn't address your question.

But if I'm understanding your issue right, the problem is that you need to add an invisible gif or png avatar to push down the writing in your miniprofile and force it to show the whole background image.

You can use this link:

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d82bef7bced7.gif

Just paste that into the blank for "Avatar URL" in your "Tools+" section and it should work. It's just a clear rectangle gif with the new avatar dimensions of 170x240 pixels.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Here is a very helpfull page that Loam made . Lota useful stuff here also .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
americandingbat and bluemooone2, thank you so much!

It was very kind and helpful of you. I got it working on my first try

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join