It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazca-SA Tectonic Plate Boundary is Freaking Out With Quakes!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

My first thought was how North America/Alaska is obviously holding in some stress. Like you said, the scientist have been telling us this for years.

Now in light of the recent 7.7 in Indonesia...when looking at the map of the world you can see how the West Coast is it's 'yang'. We keeping dodging that bullet. I hope it continues for awhile yet, but I can't help but think the longer we go, the bigger it's gonna be!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

im with you....i really think the pressure has been building for a while and when it lets go....kaboom. as i said in one of my earlier posts on this thread, at least in australia on the east coast we will get some warning. the moment i hear it happening im going straight over the other side of the blue mountains. i will be moving even quicker if the predicted land slip anywhere on the west coast of the usa happens.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Do you all think that geologists are satanists or something? that they wouldn't want to save lives if they thought there was an actual threat? Or are all of you more experienced and you know more about geology than people with doctorates? There is always a threat on fault lines and geologists have never been able to predict an earthquake, maybe just put a region on alert about a "red zone" to which San Francisco would have been evacuated YEARS ago. Evacuating a city would wreck havok on an economy and if in a week when nothing happened who will be held responsible for essentially crippling a countries economy?

But anyway now we have it, all reporters, doctors and geologists are all part of the Illuminati sent by Satan to cull the population.

I really hope nothing happens though, but why are people so afraid of death anyway?
edit on 27-10-2010 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
Do you all think that geologists are satanists or something?

Yes. They play with rocks and voodoo dolls.

that they wouldn't want to save lives if they thought there was an actual threat?

No. They are out to kill us. They won't say what they know.

Or are all of you more experienced and you know more about geology than people with doctorates?

Yes. Junk science trumps PHD's.

There is always a threat on fault lines and geologists have never been able to predict an earthquake,

Which is why any prediction method is as good as theirs. Cause none of them work. Animals have a better success rate.

But anyway now we have it, all reporters, doctors and geologists are all part of the Illuminati sent by Satan to cull the population.

Yes, that is exactly what I wrote in the OP, you nailed it. Thanks for the recap. Care for an Ego? Special rate, today only...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Do you all think that geologists are satanists or something? that they wouldn't want to save lives if they thought there was an actual threat? Or are all of you more experienced and you know more about geology than people with doctorates? There is always a threat on fault lines and geologists have never been able to predict an earthquake, maybe just put a region on alert about a "red zone" to which San Francisco would have been evacuated YEARS ago. Evacuating a city would wreck havok on an economy and if in a week when nothing happened who will be held responsible for essentially crippling a countries economy?

What a waste of a post. You bring nothing to this thread but arrogance and contempt. If you feel this way, why not go to another topic? sheesh....

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Whats the arrogance? Sure, I think my sarcasm was a bit over the top, but...

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Now I have argued before, given what I have seen that this might happen, culminating in a major movement of the plate, to wreak untold destruction. Even to the point of emailing a head scientist at the USGS- who of course, as expected, brushed my idea off without further ado. But he did email me back, which was appreciated- although he mysteriously deleted all of my comments- so there was plausible deniability.

I had emailed him to raise the possibility of this, showed him that it was happening with links and maps, and asked him to consider issuing a warning to the affected countries. That's really all I was after, was to raise awareness and preparedness in these countries.

This implies that the USGS doesn't care. Which is a complete lie, if geologists didn't care there then they would give fake data to take people around a terrible search for a needle in a haystack. I don't include that this guy was just a d**k, but you think your message to him is the only one he gets?

All up and down the juncture, quakes have been occurring recently. This suggests more than just aftershocks from the recent Chile 8+ quake. It suggests a major adjustment of the plate, at least to me.

This implies that another major quake is on the way on the approx 3 500 mile long fault line. Fair. Today or more than 10 years, who knows? or a tectonic plate shift of the Nazca plate.

With this picture you can clearly see the tremendous amount of pressure release showing, virtually outlining the tectonic plates verbatim. But it especially prevalent in the subduction zone along the Nazca/South American juncture, all the way up into Costa Rica and Central America.

Based upon the pressure points, I will even go out on a limb and attempt to predict where I think the next big one there will happen, which might be right about here:

...You then show a pic of south America and a spot that appears to be at the border of Chile and Peru. This is around the same spot as a city called Arica with a population on almost 200,000 and Tacna south Peru population over 200,000

This is obviously a serious warning, but unfortunately you won't convince any community on a hunch, maybe if could come up with reason to your theories? Hunches work in movies but giving scientific facts are undeniable, I certainly hope that if there is a threat, that you could go there to raise awareness and to get geologists to take you seriously! but

www.extremescience.com...

Chile-Peru Trench has always been susceptible to big earthquakes with the next big one in populace areas likely to be at least 25 years from now due to (known)history(but it could happen tomorrow)

So in light of that quake, it looks like the big 8.8 further south may have been the equilibrium to that quake. Leaving the north and south extremes of the entire west coast of South America as the more likely places for the next big one there. So I'll change my prediction for those spots instead. Either the very southern tip of Chile, or the coast of North Peru, coast of Ecuador, maybe coast of Columbia. But since the trend seems to be headed south, the southern tip of Chile could be it.

Well...

It was 9 years or so between the big ones, if that means anything. 2020? Nah, we all die in 2012, remember? .

See this is my worry, ATS is abundant with predictions where a lot of people die, I know your taking a poke at the 2012 stuff, but I'm taking a poke at you too for "warning" people... I find your theory interesting though.

I had emailed him to raise the possibility of this, showed him that it was happening with links and maps, and asked him to consider issuing a warning to the affected countries. That's really all I was after, was to raise awareness and preparedness in these countries.

Again it's fair. saving lives is honorable, but how do these countries prepare? Countries like Japan has based most of it's infrastructure on fighting earthquakes and obviously Chile has done what it can, sure 1 death is too much, but they saved alot of lives with good structures. While Tahiti has second hand structures and unfortunately suffered the consequences. If anything what you can do is to raise awareness with design codes and construction, but an earthquake can come anytime and so destruction follows, but what can you logically and realistically do?

Seeing as how you progressed in thought during this thread, if you were the geologist, would you have taken you email seriously at the start?

Now at a minimum, with quakes like these showing up all over the plate boundary, the potential for much larger and devastating quakes to come soon has skyrocketed in my opinion. Because it appears that the entire plate boundary is adjusting- and we already know what can happen when plate boundaries move....2004 Tsunami, anyone?

Now this is interesting, Is this what your thread is about? a prediction of a MASSIVE quake and...

But I swear if it happens and there is a major plate move causing mega-tsunamis everywhere, I'll make it worldwide news that the USGS guy brushed me off!

And then I'll get movie deals! And I'll rent the entire Taj Mahal Hotel with over 750 rooms, all banquets, restaurants, and have the US and Indian navies protect me! And I want the Secret Service too! Just like Obama!

...or notoriety?

Ok ok I'm just joking, I might be an ass at times, but I'm an ass with a sense of humour. I know you were joking.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Do they lie - well They certainly withhold information - word things in such a way that the general public would not know what They were saying - but if you read deeper into what They are saying They tell some - it's called plausible deniability.

The Nazca Plate is humming - re adjusting? It may very well be possible that Caribbean Plate is the key factor/underlying problem.

HERE is a troubling article which gives us information - kind of. Their way of saying - the information was out there. Plausible deniability at work again. = I just know all those poor folds down in Haiti, the Islands and South America have the journal Nature Geoscience available to them at the local markets or available via their computer/internet. (mind you a one year subscription to this magazine is approximately the cost of more than they make in one year).

Please keep in mind that the Caribbean Plate is a locked Plate - and if it gives it will set off a major chain reaction - not to mention the Tsunami that would accompany the slip.
edit on 27-10-2010 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by kykweer

Do they lie - well They certainly withhold information - word things in such a way that the general public would not know what They were saying - but if you read deeper into what They are saying They tell some - it's called plausible deniability.

So what your saying is that everyone lies? IF everyone lies how could you ever refer to anything that would factually say that

The Nazca Plate is humming - re adjusting? It may very well be possible that Caribbean Plate is the key factor/underlying problem.

IF everyone lies how could you say this almost like it is the truth?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If "they" have the ability and the consciousness to withhold information, what makes you believe that "they" won't falsify information?

It's one way or the other, all people can't be evil so why start a topic as if professional people are suppressing information that could save lives? when some people only believe information that will lead to a lot of death?

The problem with humanity is that we think that the chicken needs a motive to cross the road.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Ummm - I don't thing I said They lie - - nope - looking it over - never said that in that post - please re-read. Anyway - Next subject please. All seems to be quiet for the moment - to quiet if you ask me - especially after the shaker over in Indonesia.

Oh and did you take the time to read the most excellent link I attached? For Them to come right out and say such a thing - speaks volumes!

Oh and yes - They do with hold lots of information - sorry to say
edit on 27-10-2010 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

Star for that engaging reply!

None of this is "my" anything. Stress theory is the reason for stress meters, which they are implementing more and more as time and money allow. I am simply reducing things down to a series of stress points, seeing where there has been the biggest relief, and saying lookout to the spots where there hasn't been...

But I still believe it is possible for a large portion or entire plate to move at once. I believe that may have happened before- but that humanity may not have been around to ever witness such an event. And if they were, they probably didn't live through it.

If humans have been present for 5 million years, being generous, and the earth was 5 billion years old, we still have only seen 1/1000 of the earth's total history. And recorded history is a ridiculously small fraction of that. As in, we are only a few minutes of a million years.

Maybe those Andes were created millimeter by millimeter over billions of years. Maybe for two billion years they grew at that speed. But then that one day, all of a sudden stresses accumulated in such a way that a whole plate had to move 200 feet at once to relieve it or readjust to it. Maybe that one day 200 feet of Andes were created. And 1000 feet of tsunami because of the incredible displacement of water. What if it was 3 miles at once? What if a crack opened up large enough in the ocean floor so deep that water came into contact with magma creating such a huge steam explosion that it left craters mistaken for asteroid impacts?

The earthquakes alone from extreme events like that would be unthinkably deadly, not to mention virtual re-locations of ocean. Pole shift even....

Maybe. That's all I am saying.

But no one operates on maybes... I can dig it...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Ok so lie and deny isn't the same thing, but both is a bad no-no on my morality scale. For the definition of a lie is, "To utter falsehood with an intention to deceive; to say or do that which is intended to deceive another, when he a right to know the truth, or when morality requires a just representation." and to withhold is basically means, "To withhold information with an intention to deceive; to say or do that which is intended to deceive another, when he a right to know the truth, or when morality requires a just representation." Sure a small change in sentence can change the whole meaning alot, but it doesn't do that here.

Oh and did you take the time to read the most excellent link I attached? For Them to come right out and say such a thing - speaks volumes!

I did read your link, but it's has the same likelihood that anything could happen at anytime anywhere in the world. obviously i didnt read my earlier reply

If "they" have the ability and the consciousness to withhold information, what makes you believe that "they" won't falsify information?

It's one way or the other, all people can't be evil so why start a topic as if professional people are suppressing information that could save lives? when some people only believe information that will lead to a lot of death?

The problem with humanity is that we think that the chicken needs a motive to cross the road.

In layman's terms, what makes this so true, when they withhold information that "confirms" coming destruction?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Basically most of the people on this site LOVES destruction, so not only does sex sell, so does violence and death. Articles about saying it's okay won't get read(especially by most of the members on this site) but something about doom gets forwarded and links copied and pasted, because obviously TPTB won't leak information of certain death by accident! So it HAS to be true. Articles will get written about sex and violence and death because human have a fascination of staring at a car crash.

We are our greatest enemy so don't blame "them"

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

My fascinations/obsessions have nothing to do with death and doom. My fascinations/obsessions run on the power of mother earth and her immense power and beauty and her cycle of change. You my friend are a troll and quiet remind me of another troll that use to be on this site. If you do not have anything of substance to add, please go somewhere else and speak of death - for I am sure none of here wish death - as a matter of fact - we wish to watch and warn if we can - to alert people and trolls such as yourself, to keep people informed of the research we do - which has all to do with the earth and her power and what she is capable of.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I like this topic cause I have learnt more about earthquakes than i knew before hand, so this has been very informative to me.

If you do not have anything of substance to add, please go somewhere else and speak of death - for I am sure none of here wish death - as a matter of fact - we wish to watch and warn if we can - to alert people and trolls such as yourself, to keep people informed of the research we do - which has all to do with the earth and her power and what she is capable of.

Ok the floor is yours, lets say you warn the entire west coast of South America that there could be a massive earthquake sometime. What do you expect?

a)Full evacuation west of the Andes?
b)...

Add to that what you would advise them to do

All I can say as a civil engineer is for them to have massive safety factors in their design codes, but they would think I'm stupid cause the west coast of South America has always had earthquakes and have been designing buildings for at least more than 50 years to handle earthquakes as best they can! Sure if a quake over 8 would anyway be devastating even in Japan who have designed their buildings to handle many quakes and obviously if you get a sudden plate shift of even 10 feet all you have is faith to hold on to.

Now you have Haiti with terrible structures as they negated the effect of earthquakes in their design codes and BOOM DEVASTATION, this is a lesson to not take nature lightly and as OP said our known history of keeping record of quakes are less than a 100 years, we have no idea what nature is even truthfully capable of and i hope we never find out! and records before that where even more people died than in modern earthquakes in areas of which population has exponentially increased. We have seen NOTHING yet.

To come back to my question to you, and I'll troll or whatever that means till i get it...

I did read your link, but it's has the same likelihood that anything could happen at anytime anywhere in the world. obviously i didn't read my earlier reply

In layman's terms, what makes this(the link you gave about possibly another stress building quake in haiti) so true, but when they withhold information that "confirms" coming destruction? So you believe the bad news, but if there is no bad news your suspicious. Why does there always have to be a "evil" motive?

Now if you kindly will add some substance instead of just accusing me of something as if your paranoid.
edit on 28-10-2010 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
GIANT SUN TWISTER: Earlier today (Oct. 28th) a twisted filament of magnetism on the sun suddenly untwisted. The result was a spectacular eruption recorded in full-disk detail by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory. Click on the image to set the scene in motion:

At its peak, the twister--or rather, untwister--towered more than 350,000 km above the stellar surface. It appears to have hurled a fragment of itself into space, but not toward Earth; the blast was not geoeffective.

Source

I am glad that the projected material was not directed toward earth. I wonder if this will have any effects here on the plates though - Junk Science rules -

5.0 2010/10/28 11:37:01 -24.570 -112.125 14.6 EASTER ISLAND REGION
5.3 2010/10/28 02:22:26 23.138 -108.496 9.9 GULF OF CALIFORNIA

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
b) invent large early earthquake detection or LEED

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

You forgot about the Indonesian tsunami's

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I always thought the Nazca lines were made with a Giant Chalk Piece, now I know it is a natural phenomenon and that is why the pictures were so darned childish.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This thread is from a few months ago, but I did want to point out that my original prediction for a big quake near the Peru/Chile border was not entirely off the mark.

Here is the original prediction, suggesting a likely unrelieved-as-of-yet pressure point to go off soon:

And here is the 6.2 quake that happened just yesterday:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Pretty darn close, if I do say so myself!

Maybe it was just a lucky guess, sure, I'll give you guys that... And it was a 6.2, not a 7 or 8+. But who knows, it could be a precursor, showing that there IS additional stress in this border area (caused by the big quake) as I mentioned previously in the thread. Also, the quake right below it may provide additional confirmation of this.
edit on Mon Mar 7th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join