It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life: The Pre-Programmed Design

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hello all,

After long though I'd like to propose that life is like a computer program and in some ways similiar to the Matrix films, although not as dramatic (or maybe not?)

Life is the main program, God is the programmer and the program variables such as disease, luck, happiness, depression etc are all sub-routines.

For example, some people drink alcohol every day of their lives but live well into their late 80's, others drink comparatively little but die young due to liver failure. Just in the same way that some people seem to be born lucky and win every competition they enter and others, unfortunately, never win anything and seem to be cursed with bad luck.

Each person would be a randomly generated construct which goes onto to produce other constructs (off spring) determined by a random algorithm.

Disease, is a simple sub routine that also randomly infects individual in the same way a program performs clean up operation when removing data from a memory buffer.

Memory, is what we call reality, programs can remember there last functions - just like we can remember past experiences.

Only a quick thread guys, but one to get you thinking, opinions welcome....

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
No thoughts guys ?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Hello all,

After long though I'd like to propose that life is like a computer program and in some ways similiar to the Matrix films, although not as dramatic (or maybe not?)

Life is the main program, God is the programmer and the program variables such as disease, luck, happiness, depression etc are all sub-routines.

For example, some people drink alcohol every day of their lives but live well into their late 80's, others drink comparatively little but die young due to liver failure. Just in the same way that some people seem to be born lucky and win every competition they enter and others, unfortunately, never win anything and seem to be cursed with bad luck.

Each person would be a randomly generated construct which goes onto to produce other constructs (off spring) determined by a random algorithm.

Disease, is a simple sub routine that also randomly infects individual in the same way a program performs clean up operation when removing data from a memory buffer.

Memory, is what we call reality, programs can remember there last functions - just like we can remember past experiences.

Only a quick thread guys, but one to get you thinking, opinions welcome....

Well.. what we call luck is actually more of an after-the-fact thing. The program runs, it uses all of the variables.. and if that person is mostly successful, you call him lucky. Being lucky doesn't effect what's coming ahead, because that's all chance/probability.. unless you mean that you were lucky that you were born with logic & sense to make good decisions and progress in life.

In a way, life is like a program.. there's a formula for everything.

Anyone ever experience "the pattern"? (to all of the hippies out there)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

What is luck and fate are pre-programmed variables? When in fact we believe they are totally random they are in fact pseudo-random? I'm talking on the assumption that live as we know it is actually a program of some sort...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well then that means the purpose of the the universe is to compute the next "Moment".

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
Well then that means the purpose of the the universe is to compute the next "Moment".

Not if it's pre-programmed, it's easy enough to write code that will self replicate until a certain trigger is reached and then to loop again with different variables.

Although the end of the program (and start of the loop) could be that "Moment"

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think this is a pretty cool theory!

I remember reading somewhere someone proposed that perhaps as we progress technologically we will eventually discover "code" (laws of physics?) as the underlying feature of the universe. That we will discover a programming language that 'is' reality.

This goes very much in line with what you are talking about, and we do know that even in a vacuum, light can still travel through. This doesn't make sense though because light is a wave and wave's require a medium, and a true vacuum would have no medium.

Even in a "vacuum" the electromagnetic field still persists, however, and this is the medium of light (like water is the medium for a traditional wave, the point is any 'wave" requires a medium).

Perhaps we are literally in a "quantum" computer simulation that is naturally occurring? Perhaps there is a "god" who programmed it, perhaps not.

We have a flawed concept of "natural" because really, everything WE do is "natural." Artificial is just a human word. Ants build structures too, and any vastly superior race to us would consider our "technology" the same way we consider an ants technology, that is to say "natural."

So if computers are naturally occurring things (we made them), then who's to say this idea of yours couldn't be true?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Yes, I have a few. You are close to what I think about it. We, the living human being is not the program, but we do live in it, and interact with it. It is created and generated by a crystalline based computer system that is far superior to the PC sitting in front of you. Who created it it is an unknown factor, but it runs on a default setting set my some intelligence a very long time ago, no being I have ever questioned knows who, or when it was made. The "machine" manages soul material, recycles the energy and sends the spirit back to Terra Firma, and creates an energy matrix for us all to live in. As mankind/womankind lives and destroys the planet, and they always do, the cycle runs some 26,000 years. then a program kicks in, the Earth turns over, and everything man has built is destroyed, mixed up, and scattered. Earth recreates itself in just 7 days, but I am unaware if the 7 days in Earth time, or some other time.

There came a time when some not too friendly ET beings came down here and discovered this machine. they learned how it works, and altered it to their own design, in an effort to harvest ENERGY from man/woman during times of trauma, pain/suffering, death, and sex. Then they ETs) began to mess with the program itself, this is why things are so messed up like they are today. Project Rainbow figures into this prominently, though the men who ran the projects were not, to the best of my knowledge, completely aware if the implications involved. I believe the group responsible for this is called the Orion Group. The so called Grays work for them. The plan is to create a world where the Group is in full control, and we humans are like a battery. See, the movie (The Matrix) was not that far off.

At the end of this cycle, things are going to be different. This time every soul will be set free in an instant, that is, we all die and the same time, and are freed from our carbon based bodies. We will be living on Earth still, and with our minds,, and our thoughts, we will create a heaven for ourselves right here on Earth. Earth will begin it's long journey to Alycone, in the Pleiadies system, this is the Age of Enlightenment, as it were. We, the human race will become more and more enlightened, more spiritual, and grow even closer that that which we call God.

That's my take, hope I didn't hijack you, OP, you made me think. Perhaps some of the other intelligent members will further this for you.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

Spot on reply, have a star from me

You have understood exactly where I'm coming from, pretty interesting idea eh?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I guess since seeing the Matrix movies I can agree with your theory here. Even though these movies are all very "Hollywood-ized", they still rung very true to me. I saw a lot of truth in them or better said- they resonated with me. Just like when I first saw The Secret, not all of what is in either of these series rings as 100% true to me but there are absolutes that just feel right, almost like remembering something, a tiny bit of something from early childhood or even a past life.

As to the "what if" that you ask?! Well, I don't know, what if?! There are a lot of those as well. Good thread, S&F and I hope more people weigh in.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Good post autowrench but you lost me a little bit with all the alien talk etc but I suppose you never know....

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

Thanks for your praise and reply.

It's interesting that many of the ideas portrayed in films are actually not that unrealistic when you remove the dramatisations

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hey DeathKron, I enjoy seeing your rational approaches to other threads, and Matrix trilogy is one of my favorite films of all time. In response to your proposed analogy, I wonder, what is the computer running this "earth program"? Where is the information stored, on an etheric hard disk? And like electricity powers a computer, what powers these programs? thoughts?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inkrinhuminge
Hey DeathKron, I enjoy seeing your rational approaches to other threads, and Matrix trilogy is one of my favorite films of all time. In response to your proposed analogy, I wonder, what is the computer running this "earth program"? Where is the information stored, on an etheric hard disk? And like electricity powers a computer, what powers these programs? thoughts?

Good questions...

Firstly, my idea is by no means concrete, it's merely my thoughts and interpretations of an existing idea albeit with a digital twist.

I'm trying to stress that our lives and world are written as a computer program, with the various sub-routines and pseudo-randomness included, whether this can be applied in a direct sense I'm not sure.

Maybe the computer running the program is within the creators subconscious? The information stored in the creators memory and the power supplied by the creators active thoughts?

It's only an idea, I know that I'm trying to bridge the gap between our world as we know it and the possibility of a digital alternative, at this point your questions have inspired my thought and I'll work upon the answers, at the end of the day I think this world could be possibly programmed, be that by nature or by a creator in a digital sense I don't know, but thats what I'm trying to explore...

Good response though

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Second bump,

Seriously no one has any more thoughts on this?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well I have a choice to play a game so at what point was I offered a choice?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Well I have a choice to play a game so at what point was I offered a choice?

In my theory you have no choice, that's simply a matter of illusion.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Ok so what is the goal of the program then?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Ok so what is the goal of the program then?

What is the goal of any program? Of course, usually a program is written for a specific purpose, but maybe our "life" program has been wrote by the creator as a study maybe or even for his/her own enjoyment?

Kind of like an ant farm...

I have to stress though, my theory doesn't revolve around the fact that our life and its content are definitely a program, merely I'm trying to bridge the gap between that idea and our own perception of reality and I'll admit that at certain points that distinction becomes blurred and hard to interpret, however thats half of the fun...
edit on 24/10/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I find it hard to believe that a creator would need to have a "study". If my imagination is seemingly limitless, then the creator of the universe's must be magnificently greater, and able to visualize everything altogether all at once. It is possible that the creator's program is designed such to find who is "worthy" of learning about the entire program to begin with. The rules which with we are created with, dictate that we are bound by our earthly senses, and as such are doomed to fail from the start. There is a truth to it all that we must find, however it involves using a separate entity of the game, which is the inner you. That which isn't subject to illusion or able to be scrutinized with the senses. In what sense is the inner you represented in the program? how come others can't see this as a result of the program? So it would seem some things are invisible in this grand game that we all play.

sorry for the rant, but it is that time of day so, you know.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join