It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those poor people. When did we stop caring?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Great post

There are a few homeless people I do see and they aren't all there. Literally walk all around the city back and forth just kind of roaming and talking to themselves. They don't ask for money. Everyone I know, knows of the same 3. We all see them every time were driving around town. One day my brother was picking me up from work and we were on our way to get mexican food and he seen the same homeless guy. He bought 3 burritos one for me, one for him, and one for the homeless guy. He pulled over and handed him the burrito thru the window. The homeless guy was pretty stunned. As we drove off I could see him still standing there staring down at the burrito. It was clear he didn't run by that generosity and sympathy very often if at all. That image always stays in my mind of the type of person I strive to be. Even more so now that my brother has passed. It takes that little, to help even if it is just for one meal. Most people have the mentality that it's every man for his self. Whether you choose to just help yourself or help others is definitely your own choice.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
United we stand, Divided we fall is a phrase that has been used in mottos, from nations and states to songs. The basic concept is that unless the people are united, it is easy to destroy them. This is the first thing that come to mind upon reading your observations in regards to the poverty stricken people of the world and the economic classes we divide our selfs into, unless people as a whole unite together for a better world we will never ever be able to live in a better place!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJuicey

Very true. But the problem is that the way I see it humanity is simply not made for unity. Well at least until something external forces us into the same team.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I will never give the bum down the street any money.

I will hire him when I have extra work though. I had one work for me for 4 years when I ran my business. Amazingly, he was one of the most punctual and non truant employees I had. He never was the best and he did still drink like a fish during the week. Never showed up drunk though so I gave him a break.

I give my charity to those that deserve it. Not who the government wants me to give my charity to.

Later.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Yea because the person screaming in my lobby is that way because they got fired. :@@
lease.
You just want an excuse to be able to blame people for societies ills. This is about someone who is depressed from losing their job, there are major psychological issues.Understand the illnesses and their repercussions before you make such biased, uneducated statements.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Remember, those who you want to pour your heart out made the decision in their lives to be homeless, or chose not to succeed in one fashion or another. It's sad yes, but my responsibility?, No!

There is no " right " to succeed, you have to earn that for yourself. And for our government to attempt to redistribute someone else's hard work, ( in the form of a paycheck ), and give that money to an unconstitutional program is sickening.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Reading all the posts I noticed something. It seems that a lot of people think that this is the fault of our modern society. But there were always outcasts since time begining. Also we (at least here in Europe) have not forgotten about the less fortunate. I mean we got in every major city some homeless shelters where they get free meals and a place to sleep if there's enough capacity. It's just not on a personal level but rather on a national level.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join