It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who to believe about the aliens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi Earth sis! Very good thread you started my friend. I feel that even if aliens revealed themselves undeniably to the entire world there would still be nonbelievers and yes panic, mistrust and fear. Many of the world's religous faithful would interpet the event as demonic and hell spawned. Many fundamentalist Christians, Pat Robinson is a good example, believe that UFOs, aliens, etc is a plan by Satan to decieve the world in the end times into accepting a new philosophy or religion if you will, that will explain away God and place our trust and faith in them the aliens (Satan et al crew). I am a born again fundamentalist Christian that has a real problem with this outlook. Most main stream scientists wish to explain away alien life or would simply wish the "pesky" UFO problem would just go away...I don't agree with this philosophy either. So for years now I have had a burden on my heart to reconcile my Christian beliefs with alien life. Recently I feel I have. In my heart of hearts I believe there are many intelligent races of people that God has created that are far more advanced than humanity on Earth is. As a race advances technologically, it has to also advance spiritually in order from self destructing through war and hatred. This advancement in sprituality means a closer and more rewarding relationship with God. I feel that God has used and continues to use more spiritually and technologically advanced peoples to help less advanced peoples. This would explain alien/UFO interaction through out human history....Ezekiel in the Bible comes to mind. In Christian theology we are taught man fell from God' grace because of sin....man chose to disconnect or cut himself off from God's spirit. Other spiritually advanced and older races may not have choose the path man has chosen thus they never fell from God's grace. In Genesis, God when creating man states, "Let us make man in our image." Many Christians use this statement as a justification for excluding alien life, especially the possibility of non humanoid life. But what is God really saying? He is speaking of the spiritual nature of his creation not the physical. God is spirit therefore he made man with a spirit that is in the image of God. So, no matter what forms intelligent, spiritually advanced life might take....it will be in God's image. This is why I believe that alien life exists in many, many forms. God is a wonderful God and a creative God. I know this post of mine may not excately fit in with what Nancy is asking but it does iluustrate that a person who has a Christian belief can reconcile and accept alien life, because God is not limited in his abilities or his craftsmanship.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Starlight Rebel, you almost have it I think. But instead of thinking about the "greys" as a real physical being, think about what you said and make the "aliens" an abstract manipulation of thoughts. Still GOD is expressing his need to "help" other less civilized creation/societies. But instead of "aliens" or "greys" being an actual race. They are merely a tool used by GOD to provoke change in humanity.

In Eziekel GOD speaks to him in the desert from what appears to being a flying craft of some sort, that has retractable landing gear and tires. Along with windows and markings on the "hull" that denote his kingdom. The "craft" flys off with a thunderous roar and the "wings" fold back. Almost like a swing wing F-14 Tomcat in description. Yet the "craft" can hover in place. I think Eziekel may have been dreaming, something happens after the visit from the "craft" and the whole book of Eziekel takes a really strange turn about future events and this really far out abstract nonsense where it would seem GOD is just running him in circles with riddles and Eziekel is having a hard time telling heads or tails out of what he has been told/shown in his vision.

I think GOD uses "aliens" to show that he is extrodinary, that he is beyond the beyond and can not be compared to anything of worldly creation. Yet when we read the bible today and read Eziekel we can say, hey that sounds like a airplane that can hover. So today in the now, this interaction with humans must be on a level that is extrodinary and beyond the beyond by today's understanding. So this was the case throughout humanity when GOD wanted to interact with mankind.

Thats why I think there will no "debut" of aliens, because they are in our heads and are unable to be manifested in our world.

I think the "debut" will be when WE find them. When mankind on Earth has grown to the point of being "allowed" to develop further in the field of science. If think by our own current state of affairs and our destructive nature that we have hampered our evolution in science. GOD knows what is best for mankind and when the time is right I am sure we will discover that next great leap in science that will allows us to travel to the stars. But I think only when man on Earth is able to set aside his genicidal tendencies and realize that WE are humans on Earth. We shall no longer be our own enemy. If we can not get along with each other. THEN how in the world will GOD trust us to get along with "others" in the vast community of space????

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

However, isn't their home base the Zeta 2 Reticuli System and not Zeta Reticulum 4?

Yes and no... Zeta Reticuli (as most here likely already know), is a binary star system. I am speaking of the 4th planet of the second star in the system, hence Zeta Reticulum 4. (as described by the Hills, Lazar, and a few other witnesses whose names are escaping me (less famous), and a host of credible documents)....

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I don't think Aliens are tools of God.. it could be however that in trying to make contact with us while we were in such a primative state was a mistake. We percieved them as holy and wrote them into our bibles and even our art.

Once they realized they wre being given divine status they retreated to less obvious contact with humans.

One picture I saw was terribly amusing .. it was an astronaut.. big bubble surrounding his head.. the whole nine yards. Somehow I don't think any heavenly entity would need a spacesuit.

Although your statement about letting us find them.. is something to consider.. and could very well be the case.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You guys are blowing me away with all your great ideas and opinions! I love them. I am going to print them and show my kids and ask them what they think. My 5 kids have known our alien contacts since they were very young, especially the three youngest ones who are now 17, 16, 15. The oldest are 26 and 23.

Here is another question, but think it through for a little bit before you answer:
What would you do if your children told you that they had gone on a space ship with some aliens?

What if he or she or they were serious about it and kept telling you the same thing, and it happened more times in a row, a little differently and more progressively each time? Would you believe them?

What would you ask them about it to see if it was really true, or what had really happened?

What would you do about it, or try to or want to do about it the most?

What things, if you or others said them, might make your kids really scared, and which might make them feel okay with it?

Would you tell anybody else you know? If you wanted to ask for advice, who would you go to for it?

Do you think you could stop it from happening and how?

Would you stop it if you could? Why?

(Please indicate your children's ages or your hypothetical children's ages in your responses.)

Newcomers-- Please read the NOTE in the first post before responding.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by EarthSister]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
My thoughts:
IF life has occured naturally here on Earth (provided this in not a synthetic or artificial Universe) then it would seem most likely, almost certain that other life would develop elsewhere in this Universe.
I jump to the assumption that there are intelligent beings capable of travelling here from elsewhere in this Universe or from other Universes. While there seems to be some evidence that other beings with advanced technology are around, it begs the question,

'Why are they so secretive?'

1. They have malignant agendas towards us that they don't want to reveal.
2. They are paranoid of other malignant forces in the Universe
3. They are afraid of the social-economic ramifications of revealing too much
to us, perhaps based on prior disasterous experiences with other primitive cultures. Think about it, what happens to global markets and economic concerns when new technologies suddenly become available? What happens to a lot of religious people that passionately to-the-death believe in some organization of the Universe that is suddenly trashed by aliens very existence?

Other thoughts, comments?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
My my perspective:

No stargate/star trek crap with aliens speaking english.

hey ! stargate is not crap
hehe and they don't ll speak english

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
What would you do if your children told you that they had gone on a space ship with some aliens?

What if he or she or they were serious about it and kept telling you the same thing, and it happened more times in a row, a little differently and more progressively each time? Would you believe them?

What would you ask them about it to see if it was really true, or what had really happened?

Well the answer in my opinion , would you be happy knowing your kids just got a lift home from a complete stranger? NO course not, you would be upset at what could have happened to them , because you a. Know little about the stranger b. Could not protect your child should anything untoward happen. So why is going in an alien ship ANY different, they are still Unknown to you and you can't be there to look after them, I am not saying that aliens are hostile the same as not all people are, but you have to look at the similarities of my answer, If they were my kids I would be curious on the one hand, and very worried on the other, because i would want to know EXACTLY why they are being taken on the ship, without my permission .

[edit on 29-6-2004 by Mindsmog]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
You know.. I'm not sure I ever told my mom about this whole alien fiasco of mine.. it may be a good idea to tell her and see what she says.

As for me, being a big dyke I don't plan on having kids.. the closest thing to my own I ever had was my little sister who my mom had when I was older. I'm extremly protective of her... so she will be my imaginary kid.

My first response would be based on her view toward the incidence, if she were somewhat shaken, but the aliens treated her well.. I'd probably share what happened to me and try to aleviate any fears.

Anylize the abduction incidents and see if there couldn't be any other possible explanation.

Hook her up with a support group and send her here.

If they treated her babdly... I would send her here also. I would look for a serious support group and one that did not employ hypnotherapy. (i think it's dangerous)

I would then buy a stud finder and have her do an implant search. (although the liklyhood of a stud finder working to detect a small implant is little.. try anyway)

I would get an industrial hand magnatizer, they are used to erase tapes.. and have her totaly magnetize herself.

Much of the above would be in the hopes of destroying some sort of ID tag and locator.

I would set up a webcam in her bedroom set for motion detection. THe computer would be as far away as possible.. this would protect against magnatizing the hard drive..

At this point I might expect two things... I will get something to wave at fox news...

or

They discharge EMP .. she is there.. STATIC.. she is not there.. and the clock is blinking 12:00...

If desperation set in, because of her poor treatment.. one more try might be attempted with me under her bed with a gas mask on.

Unfortunetly I bet you all of the above has been tried and hasn't worked...

One out there last ditch effort.. would be to carry a note to bed with me.. in the hopes that if I were taken by my "nicer aliens" I would have my sisters whole account to show them and ask for them to intervene.

.. it seems "nice aliens" make for a great talk over coffee....

but otherwise I would wind up making one futile attempt after another to protect her... be really stressed out.. and feel very helpless.

Believe it or not, if they were "mean" I'd likely suck up whatever ridicule I thought I might get and report it to the military.

so.. there you have it..

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Great thread, lots of great responses.

First I categorically believe in alien life. Our galaxy is much younger than most that have been found in the universe. Our own scientists have come out with mathmetical formula that gives us a number of planets out there that orbit similar suns to ours, at the same orbital distance as our planet.

What also helps is my own personal sighting when I was eleven years old.
Also the documentaries on Roswell and Klecksburg. Way too many eye witnesses.

I also believe there are experts when it comes to UFO investigations. The problem is, they work for the U.S. government and will not reveal themselves to the normal Joe. They also have all the physical proof, that if shown, would change the course of our eveolution.

I too remember a poll being taken some time back that came out with at least 60% believing in alien life. I bet by now it's more like 70% or greater.
Why would the government keep this information from us? I believe the answer is "control". If aliens came and interacted with Earth, the technology and learning that would come with it, would give all people on this planet better control of they're lives. Thus removing it from TPTB. And control like any other habit forming drug, is hard to give up.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yes I do believe in their existence why ? Not because I've seen any "but"because the goverenment has gone through such extraodinary measures to insure that people don't examine the material not only gleaned from crash sites but information that numerous countries have accumulated over the years. Instead little or no disclosure constant obfuscation and flat out lies are what tax dollars have paid for. One would think that they don't already know just how inadequate our planet defense would be against a techonologically superior adversary.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I am not too closed minded to say that the existence of alien life is impossible. Personally I'd love it if it were true, it would make life much less boring right now. But, I have had no personal contact, have seen no pictures, videos, documents, or heard other personal accounts that can give hard evidence to say that they do exist. It is all circumstancial to me and right now I can't say that I beleive. With that said, I will be the first to admit I was wrong about all of the things I've heard or seen that say aliens exist if they make thier presence known. And what I mean by that is they would need to do it in mass numbers to mass amounts of people at one time. That may be the only way I could beleive it. It's hard to discredit a global sighting.

But, if I never get that chance I will have lost nothing and will end up being right in my beleif that they don't exist. But for those that are convinced that they do exist, what will you say if you go thru your whole life and the massive debut doesn't happen? Will you die still beleiving?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Earthsister wrote:

Many people, like myself, have personal "proof" of alien life already and that number is growing

Can u show me ur proof please?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Rockmea,

Excellent post.

The control issue is right on the mark. Back in the 1961, The Brookings Report was conducted by the Brookings Institution for NASA. It was called, "Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Space Activities for Human Affairs." The study was to determine how society would react to the announcement that an extraterrestrial civilization was in existence.

Their conclusion?

There would be a collapse of social order and a loss of trust in the federal government. Furthermore, religious institutions would lessen in authority, possibly destroying them altogether, and traditional science would also lose much of its credibility and appeal.

In short: it would greatly lessen the ability of the government to control the general population.

Bingo.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
Earthsister wrote:

Many people, like myself, have personal "proof" of alien life already and that number is growing

Can u show me ur proof please?

Hi, sugeshotcha. I can't show you any proof, but I made a new thread that might help you understand why. It's called "What Exactly Does Evidence Prove?"

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
And that thread is

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ah, the subject of aliens is a tough one...

I would be very open to anything, but I would still use logic. There is a lot of information on the web describing aliens and their agenda, who to trust and spiritual ascension. All this information varies from being similar to drastically different.

If the mass media were to distribute any supposedly "alien" message, or if the government was to make an announcement I would have my doubts, but it maybe could have an ounce of truth in it. If the aliens were to however make an explosive but very benevolent message and be able to prove its content then I would certainly would put ALL my time in evolving with them. I understand from your posts that you have had some personal experiences with a few of them. In your contact with them, have they ever told you why we all look similar i.e. "humanoid"? That would very much agree with Panspermia and I am very eager to await the "official" announcement by "them" that they exist and want us to evolve. Very interesting question indeed! Thank You for posting!

<< 1   >>

join