It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire household had the hiccups today. Anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This was very odd. This happened to five blood-related members of our family who are staying here. Mine happened the earliest, having had nothing to eat yet. The others followed slightly before dinner and even one started about 11pm. I'm not really sure of what else to say but what I just said. Does anyone know what it means, or is this happening to anyone else? I didn't even realize it was odd until it occurred to me while the last person was sitting here with the hiccups for about two hours ago or so.

I asked everyone if they had hiccups recently, and all including myself, can't remember any instances of having hiccups recently.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I actually had the hiccups today too, but then again I get them quite often so that probably doesn't help you much

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If everyone in your household held their breath for 1 min you would save a lot of money on someones car insurance, and also cure your dis function.

Hiccups Yawns contagious?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Causes of Hiccups:
Eating spicy food
Eating a large meal
Drinking too many carbonated beverages
Swallowing excessive air
Drinking alcohol
* Sudden temperature changes
Tobacco use
Sudden excitement or emotional stress
Nerve damage or irritation.
Central nervous system disorders
Metabolic disorders Surgery

* My guess

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socratic Method
If everyone in your household held their breath for 1 min you would save a lot of money on someones car insurance, and also cure your dis function.

Hiccups Yawns contagious?

That never worked for me. Instead, breathing into the sack to stop hiccups worked everytime. Maybe hiccups really have something to do with blood carbon dioxide level.

From wiki:

American man Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 68 years, from 1922 to 1990, and was entered in the Guinness World Records as the man with the longest attack of hiccups.[9]

edit on 23/10/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Those hiccups must have been caused by superbiotic reptilian aliens in hygroscopic pulsar wave craft.

You had hiccups, nothing remotely strange, conspiratorial, or programmed

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I know it sounds strange, but statistically it seems rare. A single household of five people all having hiccups in one day, when none of us can remember having any hiccups recently.

But anyway, forget it. I thought there might be others noticing this but obviously not.

top topics

join