It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There has to be some TORTURE situations that are JUSTIFIED

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
This reminds me of the movie unthinkable.... It doesn't make tourture good. Some times it's neccesary to save lives. In the movie they have to tortoure this guy who planted 4 nukes around the USA. They had to get the information out of him

The reailty is you cannot control everyone when war starts.But you can attempt to and make rules and laws to abide by.We should have went directly to Afghansitan and blew the lviving daylights out of the Taliban.But then the same people would complain about the United States blowing to many people up and not fighting fair and they would have been called them crazy and way over-reacting to 9/11.You cannot win any war ever with this king of logic.
edit on 23-10-2010 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
There certainly is not.

You can't condone torture of enemies. A tortured suspect will say anything to make the pain stop.

Where do we as a people draw the line these days? Isn't there enough death and violence in our world? How are you suppose to be the "good" guy if your methods for beating the bad guys are just the same?

I simply don't understand what logical pathway would lead to a person torturing another person.

~Keeper

How about war,it leads to massive graves of millions of people dead,which is exactly what is gonna happen out of this giant mess..

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This stuff is the same exact identical thing they did wwith Adolf Hitler.WW1 to much violence lets end the war and make peace with a lunatic in power.Ends up being 1000 times worse war.They barginaed peace deals with Hitler to end WW1.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

There certainly is not.

You can't condone torture of enemies. A tortured suspect will say anything to make the pain stop.

Where do we as a people draw the line these days? Isn't there enough death and violence in our world? How are you suppose to be the "good" guy if your methods for beating the bad guys are just the same?

I simply don't understand what logical pathway would lead to a person torturing another person.

~Keeper

Are you sure about that buddy? What if the mob has your wife and kids infront of you and you better tell them or well the blood is on your hands..

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Then the mob will probably do the same exact thing to someone else wife and kids if they are not stopped.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

Your right, but there's no reason for the loss of life we caused to be tortured.

It's not enough to destroy entire countries and cultures, we have to torture them too? Yeah, were doing a great job of being the good guys.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No...

Springer...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Are you sure about that buddy? What if the mob has your wife and kids infront of you and you better tell them or well the blood is on your hands..

What if the sky opened up tomorrow and God demanded world peace and we just lived in utopia for the rest of eternity?

What if scenarios serve no purpose.

Torture is wrong, and unjustifiable in a logical or moral sense.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Your right, but there's no reason for the loss of life we caused to be tortured.

It's not enough to destroy entire countries and cultures, we have to torture them too? Yeah, were doing a great job of being the good guys.

~Keeper

Torture is not right and I never said it was.It is the reailty of wars.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
just mass hypnotise the enemy or bad person. hypnotise and say to them, if you know your doing bad things, then turn yourself in. Do it, do it now. hypnotise the children when they are old enough to understand. WAIT, is this not what the gov. does now? We are the ignorant fools, for we torture ourselves on a daily basis. Somedays are just worse than others. Example: children- one says to the other, your fat and ugly. The other goes home torturing themselves, IF I WAS ONLY PRETTY, and hangs themselves in the closet. What are we talking about here? mental , or physical torture. Torture is torture and it always leaves some kind of scar. If your intent is to scar mental or physical, you are no different than the one doing the torturing.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Only because so many people accept it as a reality.

I can live with our enemies torturing people. It's almost expected. However I expect my countrymen and the free world to operate a level above them.

How silly of me it seems.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think we are close to WW3 anyways so it is only gonna get worse.Maybe 10 years away yet.All over this Iran and middle east conflict.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I can live with our enemies torturing people. It's almost expected. However I expect my countrymen and the free world to operate a level above them.

~Keeper

OK So what do you with al-qaeda and islamic exetremist that kill and murder people?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

~Keeper

You have to call a spade a spade man WAR is brutal tortour is brutal. But the vietcongs would cutyour thing off and put it in your mouth until you bleed out. Waterboarding sounds like paradise... if you think war is going to stop or YOU or I can do anything about it your living in a dream world Sir.. IMO They thought twice about doing it after a few of their guys had it done to them. LEARN from your enimies Sir.
edit on 23-10-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You don't torture them. It is accepted to put the uncontrollable mad dog to sleep. Understand now.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

You don't torture them. It is accepted to put the uncontrollable mad dog to sleep. Understand now.

I agree with you you don't torture them lol...Drop a bomb on them and they also will suffer and people will scream torture.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
no there dousent haft to be any TORTURE situations that are JUSTIFIED! just becouse they may hate us, dousent mean we haft to hate them back. torture , war, killing , blood , guts, whateaver. nun of that is the ansser to any of are problems, no matter what. wish i knew what was the ansser, but it aint nun of that

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well I wish I knew why we have wars..They don't make sense to me either..But the reailty is they always happen.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You mean the non existant ghost CIA group that people still think exists?

You do nothing.

As for the religious extremists, I don't have the right to say whether they deserve to live or die. I do however, have the moral authority and common sense to know that they should not be tortured.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Sure, I'll learn from my enemies and mimic their tactics. That's a great way to move things forward?

Yes war is disgusting and brutal, no it's never going to go away. However we can CHOOSE to try and at least do it better, without unnecessary pain and suffering.

Torture is unnecessary, will never yield quality results and is morally wrong.

I don't know how people can argue these points.

~Keeper

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join