It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks suffers "first major security breach."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah he is a bit more than a whistle blower alright... after all him and his crew did get took down in aussie land in the early 90's and somehow he got out of it with a 2100 dollar fine and time served after not too long in jail...

You are free to think what you want but when people that have lived their lives in the shadows, and consequently have pretty finely honed instincts about people, are for the most part very skeptical of Assange.

I personally have lived an interesting life and can tell you ... his involvement in wikileaks alone and my personal reaction to the guy tell me there's something not right.

Not to mention like I said in other threads when peoples actions do not match with what they say their motives are... chances are there is reason to worry.

this applies to wikileaks greatly... they claim to want to see information be free and accessible equally etcetera and to keep their sources safe. (bradley manning) Now beyond the manning part of the equation. We have the situation at hand currently where western governments are looking for any excuse to take our blessedly unregulated internet away (not going to say uncensored because of some things that have happened making that a fallacy) So what does wikileaks do?

They create a very PUBLIC very IN YOUR FACE confrontation and situation that makes law enforcement and etcetera LOOK BAD in a time when they're just looking for a good reason to pull the plug!!

It's irresponsible Media Whoring AT BEST and ENEMY ACTION at worst...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Maybe all this BS is to give them credibility, the US government can easily stop them, if they were releasing these info without US permission, this is all BS.

Controlled leak, don't fall for BS again, we have been eating it since I can't even remember no more.

What is bs is your belief that the us gov could easily stop this.

You obviously don't hack for a living, if you did you would understand this all just a bit more than your grade school approach is allowing you to do currently.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Maybe all this BS is to give them credibility, the US government can easily stop them, if they were releasing these info without US permission, this is all BS.

Controlled leak, don't fall for BS again, we have been eating it since I can't even remember no more.

PLEASE MY FRIEND, PLEASE, EXPLAIN HOW THE US GOVERNMENT COULD HAVE STOPPED WIKILEAKS

can you please explain that to me?

this is DIGITAL ERA my friend, there isnt documents anymore, there are COPIES of documents, so, if they did delete one copy, they would have hundreds of copies and they could multiply that, besides that safety copies outside of the internet

so really ... the US goverment cant do #¨%¨*$ about it

if they shut down wikileaks structure, they would post in a torrent website, or in any other type of service, and the files would still be released, there is no way to stop the internet, no way

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
reply to post by bigbomb456

ERR... Really?

You must not know any SOCOM types right?

If their hackers are anything like their door kickers (they're better!) then y'all should in fact be very afraid. I have a buddy who is now collecting a disability check which he hates and fought for 9 months before they medically discharged him after he was wounded (calling what happened to him wounded is like calling a missing arm a flesh wound) and he still fought his way through surgeries etc and tried to stay in...

The injury that took him out of the game (and I've seen the silver star and paper work that proves this story btw) went like this... him and the rest of the SEAL team he was on got ambushed in Iraq ... An RPG 7 BLEW HIM THROUGH A WALL INTO THE STREET... at this point he took 2 rounds from a DSHK machine gun mounted in a truck bed and before he succumbed to trauma he managed to take out the guy manning the dshk and the guy who RPG'ed him.

This guy even with a more or less titanium right leg bone structure was still the most driven SCARY dude I've ever known... plastc knee cap and all.

The biggest lie the devil ever convinced people of was that he didn't exist...

What that means in laymans terms in this scenario is pretty simple... while the people from the government you interact with might seem incompetent etc... it's PR there are some FRIGHTENINGLY effective groups within the government they just aren't the guys who man the phone banks and social security offices.

Especially now that the median income for federal employees is 59 grand a year... put simply you can make more working for the government than private industry now in many cases... this shifts the balance of competence.

And with hackers even more so... it's not like in the movies a great number of those that posess the skill set necessary to do cyber stuff can and do choose their side based on pay rate.

Good story, and the logic is sound their will be more competent people where the money is.

But there will also be more self obsessed, validictorian, narcissistic glory hounds who would rather see their mother beheaded than share information.

Ever heard the expression' the left and knows not what the right does' well.in government: the right thumb isn't even working with the.forefinger.

The intelligence agencies are set up just like the public diametrically opposed. This is done purposely by the elite To instill division.

What's amazing is despite these peoples higher IQ and expertise they just like the elite are:

PISS POOR EXCUSES for human beings.

Lacking compassion, humility, and basic communication and sense of community they seek to set up a global totalitarian dictatorship and call that unity.

At the very least the people working at these agencies are manipulated pawns who bear severe moral consequences for their foolish choices.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Seems like wikieleaks founder Assange has turned out to be a media whore now.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

If you think it was a controlled leak what do you imagine the motive for the government allowing this information out would be? You went back to Europe. I'm saying this is worldwide anons.

Well if you read the leaks, you can clearly see the motive behind these supposed leaks.

These leaks are suppose to take the blame away from the US, if you read the files you will clearly see that the US is not to blame for anything, that Iran and Pakistan is meddling in Afghanistan and Pakistan therefore creating instability to undermine the US efforts.

That is exactly what these supposed leaks have shown.

Not to mention Iran sending weapons to insurgents etc etc..

Even the torture, it is blamed on the Iraqi government, trying to make us forget the US torture of innocent Iraqis.

If WikiLeaks is going to Leak classified files, then they might as well do it fully and stop holding names out. Full transparency, they should either release the files as they are, or keep it to themselves. If they don't release the files as they are, it will clearly affect their credibility.

They obviously have no credibility.

The only legit file they ever posted I suspect is the first one, which got them famous.

Obviously if you want people's attention you need that kind of video, the video of Americans killing innocent Iraqis and shooting at kids.

I still see it as propaganda front of CIA, trying to manipulate people because no one listens to American BS no more.

I bet you don't listen to American BS anymore, so think about it, how else can the US government foul you? This is a perfect method, Thumbs up to the person who came up with the idea.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

What is bs is your belief that the us gov could easily stop this.

You obviously don't hack for a living, if you did you would understand this all just a bit more than your grade school approach is allowing you to do currently.

The US government only needs to put a tiny winy small amount of pressure on Swedish government to get WikiLeak out, and destroy the Servers.

After all, US is the Ayatollah of Europe.

Being a hacker has nothing to do with this, obviously you are ignorant in regards to this subject. They didn't hack any of the files.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

PLEASE MY FRIEND, PLEASE, EXPLAIN HOW THE US GOVERNMENT COULD HAVE STOPPED WIKILEAKS

By arresting WikiLeak founder and his crew. After that, no one would dare to spread these files.

The CIA is very powerful, some people can't comprehend their power.

They could have arrested the founder of WikiLeak and took him to a secret prison and torture him without anyone even knowing.

Remember European countries allowed the US to do what ever it wants, in secrecy, not even the European courts knew about it.

These servers can easily shut down, all America has to do is to command Sweden to shut them down. I can guarantee they will be shut down within a week

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Faiol

By arresting WikiLeak founder and his crew. After that, no one would dare to spread these files.

They could have arrested the founder of WikiLeak and took him to a secret prison and torture him without anyone even knowing.

Remember European countries allowed the US to do what ever it wants, in secrecy, not even the European courts knew about it.

These servers can easily shut down, all America has to do is to command Sweden to shut them down. I can guarantee they will be shut down within a week

You are just saying what the US gov can do about the domain __._ and know/famous members. BUT the info still there in the internet and it's easy to share with the world in just few minutes. If someone has access to like 1G of secret data and a good internet connection in just few minutes (time to upload the file) and no one in this planet that can stop the file to be shared.
Just a simple example... post the data in the usenet and create a torrent... there is no way to stop the data to be accessible to anyone. The distribution increase at exponential speed.

edit on 23/10/10 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie

Yeah he is a bit more than a whistle blower alright... after all him and his crew did get took down in aussie land in the early 90's and somehow he got out of it with a 2100 dollar fine and time served after not too long in jail...

You are free to think what you want but when people that have lived their lives in the shadows, and consequently have pretty finely honed instincts about people, are for the most part very skeptical of Assange.

I personally have lived an interesting life and can tell you ... his involvement in wikileaks alone and my personal reaction to the guy tell me there's something not right.

Not to mention like I said in other threads when peoples actions do not match with what they say their motives are... chances are there is reason to worry.

this applies to wikileaks greatly... they claim to want to see information be free and accessible equally etcetera and to keep their sources safe. (bradley manning) Now beyond the manning part of the equation. We have the situation at hand currently where western governments are looking for any excuse to take our blessedly unregulated internet away (not going to say uncensored because of some things that have happened making that a fallacy) So what does wikileaks do?

They create a very PUBLIC very IN YOUR FACE confrontation and situation that makes law enforcement and etcetera LOOK BAD in a time when they're just looking for a good reason to pull the plug!!

It's irresponsible Media Whoring AT BEST and ENEMY ACTION at worst...

This is all based on theory, not just theory, conspiracy theory. Everything you have brought up here I have considered and discarded in threads long past.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Faiol

Command Sweden lol. You are giving too much credit. The government couldn't arrest all those people, they don't even know who they are. Despite what you think, and the fact that you apparently know exactly how the CIA works they can't and don't do just anything. Also you are thinking too much into this. The govt sees this as a thread, but maybe they don't see it as a "kick in WL door, and shoot them" threat. Its a lot easier to let this stuff come out than to explain why you wont let it come out. Doesn't mean they are putting it out themselves. Use your head plz.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
so the idiots in the 3 letter organizations finally got through huh? lol

Love how everyone thinks that the US gov could have taken down wikileaks in a day if they wanted.

Sorry, but they are not that competent.

believe it or not, there are 'hackers' in the world who are far more intelligent and vigilant than anyone in the US gubbermint.

And some of the guys behind wikileaks, are some of those very people.

All this says to me....

is that wikileaks really are that good to have been able to "keep them out" for this long.
and they (fascists) finally found a way "in"...
though still not quite... lol

Know what this does?

makes wikileaks stronger. lol

Theyve just been handed a free lesson in how to better secure their asses.

Why do people think the US gov. tries to get as many "hackers" and cryptographers as they can?
from anywhere they can?

because they themselves are incapable of what many of the underground hackers are capable of,
and they know it. lol

This is one area where, in the long run..
the US gov. is not "top notch". lol

Believe it or don't.
edit on 23-10-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Do you know what whistleblower means.

It has nothing to do with hacking.

Assange has hacked into MANY of your governments "secure" websites. There are THOUSANDS of people working behind the scenes of wikileaks with information on hundreds of different locations and hundreds of different servers.

They ARE untouchable by the Government.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
reply to post by oozyism

What? omg..
what proof do you have that wikileaks can be taken down by american government? you think because they're american and you think americans are the most poweful beings of the world and they control the interwebs?

honestly is that post for real?

Agreed ...at this point .This is why this event is so important. It is a defining time in the digital age. If wikileaks remains successfully free speech is free on the net. If the us is able to thwart them then no speech is free anywhere.

So lets hope that his remark remains silly for the day that it is credible is the day you wont read this.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
so the idiots in the 3 letter organizations finally got through huh? lol

Love how everyone thinks that the US gov could have taken down wikileaks in a day if they wanted.

Sorry, but they are not that competent.

believe it or not, there are 'hackers' in the world who are far more intelligent and vigilant than anyone in the US gubbermint.

And some of the guys behind wikileaks, are some of those very people.

All this says to me....

is that wikileaks really are that good to have been able to "keep them out" for this long.
and they (fascists) finally found a way "in"...
though still not quite... lol

Know what this does?

makes wikileaks stronger. lol

Theyve just been handed a free lesson in how to better secure their asses.

Why do people think the US gov. tries to get as many "hackers" and cryptographers as they can?
from anywhere they can?

because they themselves are incapable of what many of the underground hackers are capable of,
and they know it. lol

This is one area where, in the long run..
the US gov. is not "top notch". lol

Believe it or don't.
edit on 23-10-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

qft

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

lol, thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Do you know what whistleblower means.

It has nothing to do with hacking.

Assange has hacked into MANY of your governments "secure" websites. There are THOUSANDS of people working behind the scenes of wikileaks with information on hundreds of different locations and hundreds of different servers.

They ARE untouchable by the Government.

and people far less capable than Assange also hack into 'secure" govt. websites, daily. lol
Children even.
For reals.
edit on 24-10-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
ya know I get really tired of all these folks
spouting off about how wikileaks is a CIA
front or gov sponsored entity.

If you had done your research you would
have known that Julian Assange was NOT
in on the foundation of wikileaks.

wikileaks web site came out in 2006 and was
based around several members from around the globe
including 3 Chinese. Julian was not picked up as a spokes
person and front man til 2007.

So if wikileaks is what you say it is,
then the Chinese have infiltrated the CIA
and have a Aussie for a spokesman with
a German named Borg running a close 2nd.

Do your own research and don't listen to every
fabrication about wikileaks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join