It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I will be a believer forever...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm going to get to the first 2 main points rather quickly:

There are only theories of how life started on Earth. One of the theories is Extra Terrestrial Origin.

Next point, our Brain.

Humans, Chimpansese, Dolphins, Monkeys, Elephants, Parrots, Octopi, Whales and therest of the list. Why are we the only creature on this planet to have a brain EXACTLY like ours?

Our frontal lobes, the Neocortex, our Nuerons, there is nothing like it. I mean to get really specific, Human Beings have always had rapid development compared to other creatures here on Earth.

Since the causes of these two phemonmenon in the known Universe are unknown, you cannot rule out Extra Terrestrial Origin.

With those two arguments, you can go on for days about what is useful evidence out of the Anicent Alien theory or what is useful evidence out of Ufology, and you know what?

You have yourself a solid argument.

Ask yourself. What if I'm right?

What is your logical pick for the unknown?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man

There are only theories of how life started on Earth. One of the theories is Extra Terrestrial Origin.

Why are we the only creature on this planet to have a brain EXACTLY like ours?

Our frontal lobes, the Neocortex, our Nuerons, there is nothing like it. I mean to get really specific, Human Beings have always had rapid development compared to other creatures here on Earth.

Since the causes of these two phemonmenon in the known Universe are unknown, you cannot rule out Extra Terrestrial Origin.

With those two arguments, you can go on for days about what is useful evidence out of the Anicent Alien theory or what is useful evidence out of Ufology, and you know what?

You have yourself a solid argument.

Ask yourself. What if I'm right

Alien intervention

Genetic splicing of alien dna with existing earth creatures

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Next point, our Brain.

Humans, Chimpansese, Dolphins, Monkeys, Elephants, Parrots, Octopi, Whales and therest of the list. Why are we the only creature on this planet to have a brain EXACTLY like ours?

And what about the giraffes? Freakish long neck!

Obviously, they must be genetically engineered rom them really really Tall Long Necked Greys.
edit on 23-10-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
One day, mate !
When you used a three legs cane to walk; your grandchildren will go home from school by compact flying saucer and they will hang out with Martian and Pleadiean....then instead of going for a vacation in Hawaii...you will go to Sirius.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Ive done quite a bit of research in to ancient alien theory. The problem i have with it is. When these Aliens were supposed to come down and start messing with our DNA. We were already intelligent enough to supposedly document it. So wheres the proof that they made any changes at all. Surely we would be far more advanced than we are now, if we got a booster from super intelligent DNA. All i can see is a steady increase in knowlege which would seem to be in line with evolution theory. Then you have to ask yourself why? What would they gain from making us more intelligent? What purpose would it serve to them?

Maybe they did help out with technology, or methods that we have long since forgotten. Or maybe they just visited. Seen how unadvanced we actualy were and decided to leave and maybe come back when we had caught up bit.

Most of our advancement has come through better scientific methods, and better technology. Thats why there has been such a geat leap in only a few hundred years. Not because we have got smarter, we just got better at investigating and using what we found.

So im not going to dismiss this theory out of hand, but there does'nt seem to be much that supports it. I dont really know much about DNA but would'nt there be some kind of signature. Something that occurs in our DNA and nothing elses on the planet.

I dont know, but thats my oppinion anyways.

Great thread S nd F

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Er, urm, that's not a very logical position to take, and I don't see anything resembling a solid argument. Just because you can't rule out extra-terrestrial origin doesn't mean it's even remotely likely to be true. I've not seen any evidence to support it.

The reason no other animal has a brain "EXACTLY" like ours is because we're different species. If they did have a brain exactly like ours then, by definition, they'd be human, or perhaps a very talkative and capable cat/dolphin/dog.

The hardware is fundamentally the same across biology - a neuron is a neuron is a neuron, regardless of what type of animal it's in. It's the software and way the hardware is configured that's different. It's a huge logical leap to take that as evidence that we're possibly of extra-terrestrial origin.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Thank you! But the Ancient Alien Theory is a little bit different than Alien Intervention isn't it?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by game over manIt has been suggested that we had a mutation awhile back which caused us to develop a smaller jaw muscle,which allowed our brains to enlarge.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightfold

Er, urm, that's not a very logical position to take, and I don't see anything resembling a solid argument. Just because you can't rule out extra-terrestrial origin doesn't mean it's even remotely likely to be true. I've not seen any evidence to support it.

The reason no other animal has a brain "EXACTLY" like ours is because we're different species. If they did have a brain exactly like ours then, by definition, they'd be human, or perhaps a very talkative and capable cat/dolphin/dog.

The hardware is fundamentally the same across biology - a neuron is a neuron is a neuron, regardless of what type of animal it's in. It's the software and way the hardware is configured that's different. It's a huge logical leap to take that as evidence that we're possibly of extra-terrestrial origin.

Why did you get so many stars? Why is it STUPID to rule out Extra Terrestrial Origin? Are you calling a whole bunch of people stupid?

EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT? Are you dull and lame? Sorry to name call but you are obviously a troll, and people starring you are obviously trolls too. What evidence shows how the Earth was created or why we are the most advanced creatures on Earth? THERE IS NONE. DO SOME RESEARCH.

You think I'm an idiot for making this thread? No one knows why things are the way they are smart guy.

JC it is so frustrating/depressing that people starred your post so heavily. Your arguments are down right trollish.

"Just because you can't rule out extra-terrestrial origin doesn't mean it's even remotely likely to be true. I've not seen any evidence to support it."

^Hey smart guy that's why I made the thread. There is no evidence for how life began on Earth, or why we are the way we are. WHAT IS MEANING OF LIFE? WHY ARE WE HERE? REASONS! REASONS! REASONS! NO ONE KNOWS BUDDY!!

"The reason no other animal has a brain "EXACTLY" like ours is because we're different species."

^Brilliant Einstein! *Internet pat on the back for that one!

"The hardware is fundamentally the same across biology - a neuron is a neuron is a neuron, regardless of what type of animal it's in. It's the software and way the hardware is configured that's different. It's a huge logical leap to take that as evidence that we're possibly of extra-terrestrial origin."

^Way to contradict yourself in the following sentence! LOL!!!

I asked at the end of my post what is your logical answer for the unknown?

Stars 4 teh troll!!

edit on 23-10-2010 by game over man because: spelling/grammer

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
reply to post by game over manIt has been suggested that we had a mutation awhile back which caused us to develop a smaller jaw muscle,which allowed our brains to enlarge.

Excellent but what caused the mutation? I spent hours searching and the reasons for why are our brain is the way it is, is unknown. Like you said it has been suggested.

These are reasons why I will always be a believer! Hopefully we discover more in Space! WOO-HOO!!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

It was discovered while conducting genetic research,still only theory,but it's still being looked into now.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Do you have any links?

2nd line

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Next point, our Brain.

Hmmmm.

Frontal lobes are a feature of other mammals too and the relative size in comparison to the rest of the brain is similar to other great apes.

All mammals also have a Neocortex

All things with brains have neurons,

A parrot is the only thing in the world with a brain EXACTLY like the brain of a parrot, an Elephant is the only thing in the world with a brain EXACTLY like an Elephant.. I am the only thing in the world with EXACTLY the same brain as me and you are the only thing in the world with EXACTLY the same brain as you.......

I don;t get your point.
edit on 23-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

There are no animals who have a brain smart enough to co-exist with us on our level as long as we've been human beings advancing nothing compares to us not even close.

^Stay with that point.

If you're having trouble imagining what I'm saying how come there is no hooka smoking all knowing caterpillar like in Alice in Wonderland? Why just us? Don't you think that is crazy?

That is why I listed out the closest intelligent animal is playing with colored blocks in a science lab, thats a tad exaggerataion, but you get the point.
edit on 24-10-2010 by game over man because: remove a letter

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Not really its part and parcel of the same thing. Those who believe that Aliens messed with our DNA use Ancient Alien theory to back up there claims. So when people say when did this occur, wheres your evidence. Ancient alien theory is there as a convenient way of covering this.

So even if you ignore Ancient Alien theory. Theres still no evidence to support any claims that Aliens have messed with our DNA and from what ive read so far. Nobodys offering any.
edit on 24/10/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well what about this argument that hypothetically speaking when our World was first starting out with volcanic eruptions and asteroids hitting the Earth, I'm definitely making this short and sweet, but then we have the Oceans. And if supposedly all life started in the Ocean as single cell organisms...

(dot, dot, dot)

Why are we, Human Beings, basically Gods to everything else living on Earth? We run this place!

That is a massive phemonmenon, in the known Universe! Was there an Alien Intervention?

Skeptics, how do you explain this?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Yeah i get what your saying but you have to remember. The dinosaurs also ruled the world once and they were'nt all that intelligent.

I think with the infinite amount of possible life forms that nature could throw up given enough time. Theres always going to be one that rises up head and shoulders above the rest. Humans are just that species. The fact that we think were so special is probably to do with our ego's if nothing else.

Thats just my opinion though.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Very true, I agree, but why isn't there some slug or something strange on Earth with a brain nearly as intelligent as ours. Beavers build dams, how there is no beaver shopping mall already? Could a chimpanzee drive a car and run your arons for the day? Is there some secret dolphin society hidden in the Ocean, with coral reef structures they built and designed over the centuries? What about elephants and having some elephant kingdom?

Are there any animals that create art for fun? In nature?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Mod Edit: Removed comments concerning illegal substances. Terms & Conditions Of Use (See: 2e and 2e.i)
– Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/10/24 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Their environments didn't require them to adapt in the same way as the early human environment. Even the strongest or fastest of our numbers can't compete with other animals out there. Therefore, in order for the species to survive we didn't need flawless physical specimens, we needed intelligence. All that really sets us apart from our closest relatives is a slightly larger prefrontal cortex. This small increase allowed for all of the things that allowed us to become a dominant force in the world. It allowed for foresight, ability to judge the outcomes of our actions, optimize in social situations, the very things necessary for things like language and civilizations to emerge. The only thing that makes us special is a small area in the cerebrum that is easily explained by evolution.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join