It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Transport Aircraft Attacked, Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
In continuing strikes against coalition forces in the past few days, a coalition military C-130 was hit by small arms fire shortly after take-off. Though the aircraft was able to return to Baghdad and safely land, casualties were reported.

C-130 Struck

A US Air Force C-130 transport plane was hit by small arms fire after taking off today from Baghdad International Airport, resulting in an unknown number of wounded, US officials said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Looks like more pre-handover trouble.

[edit on 6-27-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 6-27-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
And still people in these forums think that Iraq is a paradise, and safe haven after Bush invaded that country, Is so sad how some can be so blinded by what this administration is feeding them.

Iraq is a safe haven alright, a safe haven for anybody that hates Americans and what is stand for. Now the administration acknowledge that Iraq may be harboring other radical groups than the ones we are familiar with, this morning as I was explaining to my husband that I read in ATS that it may be other groups in Iraq taking advantage of the chaos, and they are doing their own stuff, it was a flash in the news stating exactly what I was saying.

And I said, to late to figure out, I have been reading about this on ATS for a while already.

I am starting to sound like an old record but Iraq has turn into a mess that this administration can not control.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
well a C-130 is a big target even a blind man can hit it with a gun so it doesn't surprise me that it took some shots.

TPL

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It resulted in the death of a passenger.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
hmmm, thats wierd, our news services are reporting it to be an aussie c-130 hurcules (SP?).

so is it an RAAF (Aussie) or a USAF(US) plane??

click here

"An American contractor has died after an Australian military aircraft came under fire outside Baghdad overnight."

[edit on 6-27-2004 by ausconspiracies]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
hmmm. I don't know. But to be accurate in my reporting I have changed it to read "coalition C-130".

thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
thats ok, Val, most of our tv staions are reporting it as an RAAF aircraft.

one killed in RAAF airplane attack

"AN American passenger fatally wounded aboard an Australian RAAF C-130 Hercules in Baghdad was hit by the only bullet to penetrate the aircraft, the Australian Defence Force said today."

i will see if i can find any different reports (from other sources)

new topics

top topics

join