It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I make the pop up update thing to go away??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hi there. For past few days when I come here, I get a popup in my face telling me what's happened since I last been here. And it does it every time. It's quite annoying and sometimes makes the browser freeze. I've looked in My ATS and profile tools and haven't been able to find where to turn this off.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Here, Here!

I've been wondering the same thing ever since it showed up... So far I've just been reloading the page, but it gets bothersome, unfortunately

XL5

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Maybe its there to make it seem like the site cares about you and wants you to stay by telling you what you have missed. Sorta like, 235 other people have no lives, don't you want to be one of them?

Problem is, once people start seeing the numbers go down, every one will leave because every one else is. If the numbers are over inflated, people will figure out whats going on. IMO its a cheap maketing gimik.

I personally see less activity in threads that are in "my ats".

But as always, "please post alls your whines in the whines bin"

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Look at the top right corner,click on close.

2nd line is here to take any requests for any song.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
*SNIP*

Alex Jones that is. He is a soft spoken man that Analise's everything before he speaks....yea, that's it!

Sarcasm aside, I vote for a toggle switch in member settings to turn some features off.
At the very least, I find it useless to me.
We know that info is in there somewhere.

But is the weekend, so:

Here's to you, Mr pop up window maker.
You can take the most mundane information, and pop it up right in front of my burning eyes.
You can make it a square or an oval with any font you want.
Here's to you, Oh great creator of automatic, uncontrollable windows....
Someone show me how to close this....

MOD EDIT AND NOTE:
Removed link. Please read: ATS Terms and Conditions of Use, specifically section 15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation, iii)
edit on October 23rd 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

2nd line is here to take any requests for any song.

Lol. "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend", followed by "I ain't gonna work on Maggie's Farm No Mo." lol.

Seriously, OP, just close it. Sometimes I read it, sometimes I don't. No biggie.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thank you for your request,hope you enjoy those chosen.
edit on 23/10/10 by gallifreyan medic because: add other vid

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gallifreyan medic

Lol! Thank you, how sweet! Actually, I did listen to both songs, haven't heard either one in years.
Enjoyed them.
Thanks again, you're a gem.

XL5

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
There should be the option to close it and make sure its never seen again, more is not always better. Some people may like seeing just how much they "need" to get caught up on, but others just want to have something simple and clean. Some people like ATS because its a treasure hunt for that one gem in the "stuff", others would like to be able to get the info and get out as fast as possible. We should have a choice, ATS shouldn't be forcing the combo and super chubby wubby drink and fries each time we order a big mac!

Music videos? Can I get the tasty transfatty fries too?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yup have to agree with some others, its friggin annoying. I applaud ATS for trying to be nouveau but a user option to eliminate this would be preferred.

brill
edit on 24-10-2010 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That pop-up doesn't bother me, but it needs some tweaking. It insists on giving me seven imaginary friends.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
ATS needs to start realising that sometimes "less is more".

On top of the pop-up which is the subject of this thread, I'm now getting two sidebars.

This is getting stupid. You're over-egging the pudding, guys. It's becoming annoying.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I've had to start using the mobile site exclusively since these changes mucked things up.

We were doing well for a while. Faster, sleeker. Now the regular site takes forever to load and scrolling is painful with all the stuttering and freezing.

Mobile via wml plugin is the best option at this point. Or use ABP to kill every single obnoxious thing that comes up.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
+1 on making the pop-up go away!

I don't care how many posts there have been since I last visited.

top topics

join