It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook:Has this happened to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I logged into facebook just a few minutes ago and got a message that said somebody was trying to get into my account. After a lot of button clicking, it showed a menu of times I was on and the location. One of them was Sa, which I take to mean Saudi Arabia. Long story short, I had to change my password. Has this happened to any of you?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Weird, no I was just on all normal. I use IE8.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
SA could also mean South Africa. and don't worry, it was just one of those applications you have installed in your facebook account that's trying to gain access to your information. No need to be scared 'coz you already gave them explicit rights to read and use the information they find in your account when you first installed those apps.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

I don't use apps. I have them all blocked.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Skidmark, thank you very much for the comment on blocking Facebook applications. I am a fairly new FB user and did not notice the Privacy option for apps. But I did notice that my antivirus software finds a lot more problems to fix after I have been on FB for awhile. Hmmmmm. So I just went into FB and blocked all apps. Thank you!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

You can also block ads from sharing your information with others... Account settings to FB ads.
edit on 4-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

No problem. I hope it helps.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I didn't know about the ads. I'll have to do that.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I had to change my Facebook password recently. It was something about my account and phishing. Getting back on wasn't that hard, but it was a little nutty for a bit.

Troy

top topics

join