It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Use Your Freedom of Choice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is going to be a thread pertaining to more than one view, as to make my point clear, and easier to understand.

I have been thinking about the division between those who decide to ask questions as opposed to those that are happier with the information that is given, or said to be true.

When we are born we are not aware of rules, as we are infants and its is believed that at that age we can not comprehend them, then as toddlers, we are taught good and bad, manners, etc,. Which we are not familiar with this due to living the past year or so, just doing what babies do.

As we get older, some toddlers are already quite rebellious, and harder to raise, as opposed to children that are deemed "good kids". With that said, of course as years progress we begin to form our "own" personalities. Though we are diverse we can be put easily into 2 categories.

Those who except what they are told, and those who think there is more out there. I would assume that most of us here were at sometime people with different opinions, or not the "norm". And though we stand out from the rest, conformity, just doesn't feel right.

What makes someone go "against" the grain?

If we are born and not aware, and yet still decide that with the knowledge of "his-story", and other forms of information may not be what they seem, what happens when someone decides to not follow with the crowd, and veer off, sometimes with consequences? We can lose our loved ones, friends, or minds for that matter, but still, following is not our way.

So here is my theory. Some of us are not born with this particular mind set. That the reason for the leaders and the followers isn't just a choice, but an already planned process for some. This happens amongst families, friends, and others.

How does someone become "the odd man out"?

How do we detect the difference? How do some people take what is told to them as "the absolute" while others see through it?

I am curious about others thought on this.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think the "odd man out " syndrome occurs when an individual opens there eyes, and perceives the world in their own way. Far to many people by into what is preached at our glorious college institutions, or buy into the propaganda from a friend of a friend, with no name. Those who choose to open their minds and their eyes, are more susceptible to finding the truth, whatever it may be. the rest, well, is history.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
In my opinion, not a single person has a choice it is purely on which side of the fence one chooses to view the scenery.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Solipsism helps. Just don't stay in the hole for too long.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I was born a follower to learn
I have evolved to a leader,.
This was my choice due to the lack of leadership in many of my environments.
there are those that do not know how to choose or understand their freedom of direction.
They become complacent and do not advance in life.
It is because of "them" I lead.
My freedom to choose

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I think many people conform out of fear of what happens to those who do not. They will have surely whitnessed the price payed by those who don't tow the line and do not want to suffer the same things themselves.

Personally, I can remember the moment my mother told me not to blindly do what she said... It made her life quite difficult I'm sure but I'm gratefull she did. I think a lot of it has to do with up bringing. If you are brought up to question things and explore things rather than shut up and get on with what you're told to do, then you will be much more open minded as a grown up. And probably depressed at some point, ignorance is bliss after all.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Do You Use Your Freedom of Choice?, page 1

There is no such choice as you are a product of your environment.
edit on 23-10-2010 by tristar because: : choice

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Good thread. op.

I do not think most of us have this own decision making, in our own lifes. My life has been taken over by big brother state of uk.

But i will give you a different point than my normal, my life is monitored 24/7 by the gov and police.

I notice babies all like two baby programs the most. I do not have kids of my own, and never will. But have noticed that Barney and Bob teh builder are the two that all babies in our families that i have seen take notice of over all other programs.

Ask yourself, why do all babies like barney,a nd bob teh builder, i do not know if its the same for you guys, but i find that very interesting. You can let them watch 20 different programs, and those two for me, have the most appeal. Why, and how do they choose them over others. Are they making the choice, or is it something else.

Its a smaller version of our lifes.

Do the kids who do not like those two programs, make them stand out as different, as i have not seen any kids not take those two over any others.

If you know what i mean.

Freedom of choice begins early, and i found out at 17 people in gov and police wanted to take mine away, for no reason other than to just destroy my future and my life.

All i say is the only choice that seems to be mine in my life, that is firmly mine is to never have anything to do with bringing someone into this world, and i am tankful, of at least that one choice, that i will always stick too.

new topics

top topics

join