WikiLeaks Iraq files reveal torture [VIDEO] FRAGO 242

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

this war was not fought just for oil! we also looted priceless artifacts like the bhagdad battery from iraq's national muesem

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
The fault which should be called out is that our military peronsnnel wer ordered not to intervene when atrocities or war crimes we occurring....

It's called guilt by association...

Iraqi on Iraqi was not and is not considered "WAR CRIMES" that's the distinction....

That may be true and probably the rationalization people hide behind to cope with allowing inhuman acts when they stand there as the occupying power with the ability to curb this behavior (rifles in hand). How would you classify someone (and their superiors) if they allowed or watched while your wife or daughter was raped or beaten (maybe to death)? Would you be satisfied if they just filed a report of objection? If people hide behind the cowardice of inhumane treatment to others then all humanity will still reside in the Dark Ages.
edit on 25-10-2010 by thepixelpusher because: text edit

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
reply to post by Aggie Man

this war was not fought just for oil! we also looted priceless artifacts like the bhagdad battery from iraq's national muesem

Not to mention that the US/UK installed a Central (World) Bank to ensure that they didn't skirt the "Dollar System" for exchange of that oil, like Saddam did.
edit on 25-10-2010 by thepixelpusher because: text edit

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I find it disgusting that the US media is on the governments payroll and NOT reporting how the world is reacting to the FACTS!

Here's a China perspective that discusses the US pushing human rights on them and on the US side doing worse atrocities.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by unruly1

I'd have to agree... This is rather hypocritical when our government sanctions torture, which is indistinguishable from terror.

We are the terrorists now... What a sad day

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by unruly1

The one thing the wikileaks docs do show however is that US personel on the ground were trying to report and in some cases acted to stop abuse:

Iraq war logs: Detainee torture stopped by US troops: www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by joewalker

Did you read what FRAGO 242 was?

It was our gov ordering the troops to do nothing to intervene...

This isn't a story about our troops... It's about our gov

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I sure did Hunka. Have a look at my previous posts on this thread.

The point being that some US soldiers did try and report abuse, if they hadnt the wikileaks docs wouldnt exist.

More importantly, many of the detainee abuse reports suggest that the US knowingly violated the United Nations Convention Against Torture.

The convention – which the United States ratified in 1994 – forbids signatories from transferring a detainee to other countries “where there are substantial grounds for believing that he would be in danger of being subjected to torture”.

www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by unruly1
I find it disgusting that the US media is on the governments payroll and NOT reporting how the world is reacting to the FACTS!

Here's a China perspective that discusses the US pushing human rights on them and on the US side doing worse atrocities.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

It’s ironic that you should criticise the US media for being biased towards the US Government and then link a source owned and operated by the Communist Party of China.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by joewalker

The point being that some US soldiers did try and report abuse, if they hadnt the wikileaks docs wouldnt exist.

More importantly, many of the detainee abuse reports suggest that the US knowingly violated the United Nations Convention Against Torture.

The convention – which the United States ratified in 1994 – forbids signatories from transferring a detainee to other countries “where there are substantial grounds for believing that he would be in danger of being subjected to torture”.

www.veteranstoday.com...

Oh i bet the folks who were getting raped or handed over to torture squads were happy it was reported!

What a joke...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by joewalker

www.veteranstoday.com...

Oh i bet the folks who were getting raped or handed over to torture squads were happy it was reported!

What a joke...

If your so righteous why not joing the US army and go stop abuses you see? Then come here and talk about it like your better then everyone.

Fact is the soldiers are dealing with a lot of pressure, just cause you think its the right thing to do does not make it prudent.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CanuckCoder

You obviously haven't read a thing I've typed....

Once again, this is not about the troops.... It is not about them at all....

It's about FRAGO 242!!!!!!!!!!!

The troops didn't make that order.... Our gov did.... An order not to do anything when encountering it.

Keep in mind that detainees were threatened with and turned over to torture squads of Iraqi police....

Yes I am righteous enough to say that whoever signed that order should be tried for war crimes....

This isn't about stress or fog of war, but of systematic torture ordered by the US gov in the form of the Bush administration
edit on 25-10-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Hunka, the guys on the ground were tied by the order - Fraggo 242. The only thing they could do was report the abuse up the line and, as some have done, make it public once they leave the forces.

I agree wholeheartedly that the politicians and Generals were, and are, under a moral and legal obligation to investigate the claims and act in acordance with International treaties. Its what sets us apart from the terrorists imho.

Most of these claims arent new, whats changed is you now have the proof.

As you have pointed out in other this and your other thread, the politicians and Generals who instigated these policies have many questions to answer.

edit on 25-10-2010 by joewalker because: spwelling

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
why cant we detain bush as we speak ?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAnnunaki

He's probably living with Dick in Dubai.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAnnunaki

Because talking about it is easier for you than doing it. That's why you're here on an anonymous forum instead of heading for Texas (or wherever he is right now) armed to the teeth to do something about it.
edit on 25/10/2010 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by MrAnnunaki

Because talking about it is easier for you than doing it. That's why you're here on an anonymous forum instead of heading for Texas (or wherever he is right now) armed to the teeth to do something about it.
edit on 25/10/2010 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

Touché.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thank God we got rid of Saddam Hussein. Things are so much better now.

/Sarcasm off

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This iraqi war crime rape and tortoure will go know where non-existen

There is NO PROOF any RAPE or Tortour was commited in Iraq.

There is no tortour video this threads title is very misleading all this video is, is rehashed garbage youtube puke.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

You honestly came to this thread to see a torture video?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join