It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Researcher Finds Medical Studies to be Largely Wrong or Fraudulent.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
www.tbyil.com...

Snip:

Considering his background, Dr. John Ioannidis had good reason to expect that he might become a noted and respected researcher when he first entered the field of medical research. What he did not expect was that he would become known for challenging and exposing the bad science of his peers and finding that up to 80 percent of medical studies results are either wrong or fraudulent.
Unquote:

Finally, someone is telling it as it is, and saying what many of us have believed to be true for a long time. This corruption is costing millions of lies and is causing untold suffering It's time something was done to stop this.

edit on 22-10-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Originally posted by wcitizen
www.tbyil.com...

Snip:

Considering his background, Dr. John Ioannidis had good reason to expect that he might become a noted and respected researcher when he first entered the field of medical research. What he did not expect was that he would become known for challenging and exposing the bad science of his peers and finding that up to 80 percent of medical studies results are either wrong or fraudulent.
Unquote:

Finally, someone is telling it as it is, and saying what many of us have believed to be true for a long time. This corruption is costing millions of lies and is causing untold suffering It's time something was done to stop this.

Thanks for posting this, wcitizen. S&F!

It's great that Ioannidis' paper is fully available at PLoS and I hope to read it fully later to see what ideas for fixing the problem he might bring forward.

In truth, there are countless episodes where insiders and related professionals have tried to warn us about faulty research and shoddy practices but the people with the money have the ability to drown them out with multiple "studies" that "prove" their official view of the world. Where that fails, they rely on slandering the accuser or worse.

The case of Dr Andrew Wakefield who raised the flag about the MMR Vaccine is a case in point!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

As the author of the article, I thank you for posting this. I think that the conspiracies to restrict our health freedom and place our health under the control of those who have anything but our health as their true interests are hugely important. I just joined this site and, as soon as I make enough qualifying posts, intend to share more of my articles and thoughts. Maybe someday medical conspiracies will warrant its own separate category.

Our founding fathers clearly set forth in the foundational Declaration of Independence that we are all endowed with unalienable rights which were later protected and further defined by the Constitution. Any rights not expressly granted to the government belonged to us. Period. Nowhere did it state that the government had any rights to tell us how to address our own very private and sovereign health care issues, including what treatments and substances we chose to use. Health freedom was taken for granted to such an extent that the founding fathers saw no need to heed the words of one of the most important men of the day:

"The Constitution of this Republic should make special provision for medical freedom. To restrict the art of healing to one class will constitute the Bastille of medical science. All such laws are un-American and despotic."

"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution the time will come when medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship and force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what the dictating outfit offers."

Dr. Benjamin Rush.

Oh how prophetic those words turned out to be! But then, our founding fathers clearly intended sovereign individuals living in sovereign states who were SERVED by a federal government instead of dictated to by a top heavy federal government whose electorate and agencies primarily serve the global and corporate elite - as has come to be the case in our land of USA INC corporate codes, admiralty law and color of law administrative courts.

OK, only 19 more replies to qualify . . . sigh.

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
- Henri-Frederic Amiel 1828-1881

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DQuixote

Feel free to pop into the Introductions thread and give a brief background of yourself (or just say hello).

Also there are plenty of threads around which deal with medical and political positions you could post in if you are not ready for the more questionable threads around here (They can be a great chuckle though).

As for the piece itself - researchers always do have a 'hope' (if not something more) to make a breakthrough in their fields. Whilst I know more than a few researchers who have done quality research to discount the effects of something occurring the purse strings tend to drop them in favour of those who can produce something worthwhile, if only on paper.

Don't forget that drugs get approved for testing in places where it's easier to buy out officials (like India) and then the results are used to supple evidence for their use in more 'developed' countries.

It's a big can of worms and that's for sure.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Thanks for the invite. I see now that there is a category for medical conspiracies in the Science section. Insofar as the range of topics, I may not be ready to accept shape shifting reptilians from another dimension as gospel, but I am a good distance from "mainstream" (or, when it comes to medicine "maim-stream") and I do keep my tinfoil hat handy. Not sure how well it will protect me against the NWO and Illuminati but perhaps it might shield me a bit from the chemtrail fallout.

2 down, 18 to go.

: )

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DQuixote

Originally posted by DQuixote

As the author of the article, I thank you for posting this. I think that the conspiracies to restrict our health freedom and place our health under the control of those who have anything but our health as their true interests are hugely important. I just joined this site and, as soon as I make enough qualifying posts, intend to share more of my articles and thoughts. Maybe someday medical conspiracies will warrant its own separate category.

Welcome and thanks for posting the subject article. It's possible that we won't completely agree about medicine and health but we're certainly in agreement that the medical world is fraught with conspiracy. In a thread from earlier this year, I voted contemporary medicine as the greatest hoax in US history and it's borne out by studies and observations going back 100 years or more.

I'm sure most doctors are upright individuals who have our best interest at heart but will never escape their indoctrination enough to see how they're not working in our best interest. The rest and the pharma companies are happy making a mint off the "health" industry and will protect and propagate their monopoly despite the damage they do to mankind.

I'm looking forward to your future contributions.

new topics

top topics

join