It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn Interesting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by meteoritics

1. i love damn interesting. truly a great website. the articles on alien hand syndrome and the disease where you think everything and everyone around you is a manufactured replica will never cease to make me laugh.

2. this could be a mental illness or manifestation of something medical. moving could have taken away stress triggers or some kind of association that your brother wasn't aware was contributing to the visions.

3. i also believe there's a trickster element to the paranormal and while dancing monkeys, etc sound fantastic and crazy, driving someone crazy could be exactly the aim of a spirit, etc. i see no reason why an especially creative spirit wouldn't be able to do the things your brother describes.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Yes, patronizing, just because you were trying to be positive doesn't mean your intentions aren't bare. Let me give you some examples:

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
I am being patronizing, now you do really make me LOLOLOL but real loud.

I am so sorry that you had a hard time understanding the content.

I apologise because im a good person.

You are a top kid! A bit rough around the edges, but I have plenty of time for you.

I laugh loud because im a happy person.

Yes!!! I can see when you typed LOLOLOL earlier! I'm proud that you have found the caps lock, good job!

It's very easy to speak indirectly. now instead of debating me, how about the content; Do you think that it is more likely to be real aliens than the syndrome?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by countercounterculture

First thing, you debated me 1st.

2nd thing my intentions are never bare, like yours when you called me a fool saying my comments were foolish.

3rd im not a kid, so youre wrong there.

4th im glad youre proud of me, thank you.

About the content, i asked the OP if his brother had any of the symptoms of CBS.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Sigh, I thought it might come to this.

Ok, to make it more simple for you, let me debate each of your points directly.

First thing, you debated me 1st.

and?

2nd thing my intentions are never bare, like yours when you called me a fool saying my comments were foolish.

Your intentions are never bare? Well, I must have been incorrect when I assumed that you believe it is more likely real Aliens. Perhaps you would like to correct me? Can you do this please?

However, I guess you misunderstood my intention; Lets review:

So what this article is implying is that everyone has the syndrome? lol.

So now if you see a UFO, you have a syndrome? lol

Originally posted by countercounterculture
throwing "lol" at the end of every sentence infers you think the OP is ridiculous. You shouldn't do this, indirect insults look foolish.

Now please read this, read it twice if you need to.

This is a pun, I'm effectively calling you, and myself a fool (hence the emoticon). I am trying to be light hearted so you won't be so defensive.

3rd im not a kid, so youre wrong there.

I was patronizing you as an example. Playing your game back to you. Perhaps I was a bit ambiguous. Although I did state in that post:

Originally posted by countercounterculture
Yes, patronizing, just because you were trying to be positive doesn't mean your intentions aren't bare.
Let me give you some examples:

However, after looking back at that post, I will concede that the way I have structured my response leaves the point lost in translation. I apologize.

4th im glad youre proud of me, thank you.

Normally I would think this is sarcasm, however, now I'm not so sure.

About the content, i asked the OP if his brother had any of the symptoms of CBS..

Yes, I saw that post, I never criticized it. Given the tone from your previous post, it is quite clear you were out to make a point, rather than ask the question, which is probably why you didn't receive a response from the OP.

Meteoritics, sorry that we have derailed your thread somewhat, feel free to chip in.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

It would be really really interesting to get your brother full story on what was happening to him. Does he keep a log?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I havent even read what you wrote now because in respect to the OP, i said my piece.

Why do you keep quoting me? have u read the T&C on repetetive quoting?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I think his vision is OK, but he did claim to have seen faces dancing in the bushes, gnome sized people, and 12 ft long snake crossing the road....

BTW you guys need to simmer down! Its ridicules the way people go after each other on ATS for the pettiest of semantics.

if you don't like the way the thread is presented, go find one you do like....

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Yep, given that he sees such a variety of different things it does sound like hallucinations. Before I was distracted by Dr Cosma 'lol'ing at you, there was a vid I wanted to bring up, but had a hard time finding.

Managed to find it now, have a look:

From the clip:

The faces were often deformed, with very large teeth, or very large eyes... (I) have to reassure people, especially to reassure them that they are not going insane. Something like 10% of visually impaired people get these (hallucinations), but no more 1% acknowledge them, because they are afraid of being seen as insane.

Following my apology to you, Dr Cosma has also pronounced his 'respect'. So I'm sure our argument won't go any further. I disagree with you when you think our argument is ridiculous, I think it's quite valuable to challenge people about these things every now and again. It actually gives me an idea for starting another thread (indirect insults), unfortunately the conversation quickly deteriorates from the topic at hand, in this case CBS (hence my earlier apology).

Let me know what you think of Oliver Sacks take on hallucination and CBS!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Damn Interesting is an awesome website. I did a thread about a bunch of their mental affliction stories:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You gotta check out thier Alien Hand Syndrome book. I wasn't able to put it down, some of those to wierd to NOT be true stories were outrageous.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Thanks for the great video, I love TED, seen the vid before but watched it again. I love this topic. Sorry for saying your debate was ridicules, just wish people would give one another a break, we have plenty of problems right now without stirring the pot. For what its worth I share your view...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Not sure what to think of CBS, maybe just a glitch in the programming? Heres a great video on visual perception.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join