It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn Interesting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
My brother was being harassed by aliens to the point of moving out of state. He would have close encounters of the 3rd kind on a weekly basis. Giant spaceships, alien faces in the bushes outside his window etc.

I wasn't sure what to think about all this. Was he really being visited, or had he lost his marbles? He seemed fine in all other aspects of mental health. Who am I to say he was not being visited...

Then he sent me an e-mail from ND. www.damninteresting.com...

This is truly "Damned Interesting"

In the year 1760, a Swiss naturalist named Charles Bonnet became concerned when his grandfather Charles Lullin began to experience a parade of “amusing and magical visions.” The eighty-nine-year-old Lullin was being visited by visions of people, birds, carriages, and buildings, all of which were invisible to everyone but him.

Now my brother is doing much better. He confessed, he wondered if he was losing his mind, or really being visited. He still believes in UFOs and aliens, but thinks some of his hallucinations are due to Charles Bonnet syndrome. How freaky this would be, to have vivid visions of dancing monkeys wearing top hats playing violins!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Usually when people have visions of dancing monkeys they have lost their marbles

However, I am glad his condition is improving.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by meteoritics

My grandad was deaf after he had meningitis, that had attacked his inner ear. This also caused him to not have any sense of balance. And there is no way that he would ever be able to hear again.
Towards the end of his life, he got several strokes but recovered and got sent home from hospital. But then he started to hear again, or so he said, no one else could hear what he was hearing. He could hear the neighbours radio playing all day long and other stuff, that really bothered him. He couldn't hear us talking to him, but that didn't seem to bother him, since he was very good at reading lips. I don't think he ever realized that it was all in his mind.
I have speculated if the strokes somehow activated dormant areas of his brain and caused some kind of illusions of sound in his head.

I'm not saying this has anything to do with your brother, but if he had his eyes checked and there was no problems with them, maybe he should get checked for strokes.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

That is damned interesting.

Also refreshing that a thread on this site which brings up the Alien/UFO subject considers an explanation that isn't the usual dogma. Thanks for the post.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Exept for most people who are seeing UFOs or being abducted around the 'World' are seeing Alien beings and Spacecrafts. Were talking about alot of people seeing the same thing.

So what this article is implying is that everyone has the syndrome? lol.

So now if you see a UFO, you have a syndrome? lol

About the dreams.....have you ever tried to Astral Project, there is a world out there.

Im glad your brother is fine.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
CBS predominantly affects people with visual impairments due to old age or damage to the eyes or optic pathways.

In particular, central vision loss due to a condition such as macular degeneration combined with peripheral vision loss from glaucoma may predispose to CBS, although most people with such deficits do not develop the syndrome.

The syndrome can also develop after bilateral optic nerve damage due to methyl alcohol poisoning.

Does your brother have any of the above?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Exept for most people who are seeing UFOs or being abducted around the 'World' are seeing Alien beings and Spacecrafts. Were talking about alot of people seeing the same thing.

So what this article is implying is that everyone has the syndrome? lol.

No, just implying that his brother may have the syndrome.

So now if you see a UFO, you have a syndrome? lol

Well, maybe. You might have also seen an alien spaceship, a meteor, a plane, a balloon, a weather phenomenon, a star, a comet, a secret experiment, a bird, a planet, or an hallucination... There are many possibilities.

Am I missing something? I never got any impression that was what the OP was implying.

You are very defensive when you needn't be.

Given that many people "lol" at the UFO topic in the real world, you should know better than to do that here.

Also, throwing "lol" at the end of every sentence infers you think the OP is ridiculous. You shouldn't do this, indirect insults look foolish.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Find any reference to common welders flash?
I have had many welders flashes over a lifetime of fabricating stuff and working near welding.
Am i gonna get treated to minaiture martians at a later date?
Actually comparing this to a more mundane old age, it may be kind of entertaining.
TV by comparison rather boring.....
It is funny that the prophets of the past got visions in a much similar fashion.....perhaps some of these old prophets were really just going blind.
There are several of them who were interpreting their visions for their predictions......
That would certainly bring a lot of new agers down now wouldnt it?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by countercounterculture

Thank you for explaining this for me, I don't have time to debate my thread this morning...

will check back tonight...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

just an observation , but :

if aliens from another galaxy / dimension were stalking your brother - why would moving out of the state precipitate a cessation of the attacks ?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by meteoritics
...How freaky this would be, to have vivid visions of dancing monkeys wearing top hats playing violins!

I just log onto ATS if I want to interact with dancing monkeys wearing tophats playing violins

Seriously though, glad to hear your brother is doing better. The ability for him to step back and assess himself is a huge advantage for his recovery.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by scarystuff

As I was reading this... a slew of possibilities came to mind. One worth mentioning is that when we lose one of our regular senses... our body finds a way to compensate for the loss. Blind people will tell you this all the time. If his brain had rewired itself and was suddenly able to pick up frequencies not normally heard by an undamaged ear... it is VERY possible that his brain actually was picking up radio signals. I'm not an expert mind you... but I really truly believe this is possible.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Well first of all i was laughing at no one and if you percieved it that way then im sorry to you and the OP.

Second thing, the OP says his brother was seeing giant space ships EVERY week.

That looks to me like his brother shouldve had the syndrome well devoloped, due to eye sight problems, optical or alchohol.

So now his brother suddenly realised he had Bonnet syndrome?

Didnt he complain about his eyes before?

So really, whats this got to do with Aliens if he has Bonnet syndrome?

I donno if i explained my self well as im not American.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Acorn

Maybe, but the music he was hearing, was music that was on the radio when he was young, before he got deaf. Never any current music. Could also be that his brain was trying to compensate for the damaged part of the brain and in the process used other parts that belonged to hearing and thus triggered the feeling of sound in him. I have no idea...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarystuff
reply to post by Anonymous Acorn

Maybe, but the music he was hearing, was music that was on the radio when he was young, before he got deaf. Never any current music. Could also be that his brain was trying to compensate for the damaged part of the brain and in the process used other parts that belonged to hearing and thus triggered the feeling of sound in him. I have no idea...

If gov'ts broadcast on all frequencies during emergencies... which I believe they do... and if I were to choose a type of music to broadcast on an open channel during any and all non-emergency broadcasts... it would definitely be nostalgia. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Well first of all i was laughing at no one and if you percieved it that way then im sorry to you and the OP.

Why are you sorry "if I perceived it that way"?

When it's my perception that's at fault I should be apologizing. But, given that you're really just being patronizing, I won't.

Second thing, the OP says his brother was seeing giant space ships EVERY week.

That looks to me like his brother shouldve had the syndrome well devoloped, due to eye sight problems, optical or alchohol.

So now his brother suddenly realised he had Bonnet syndrome?

Didnt he complain about his eyes before?

So really, whats this got to do with Aliens if he has Bonnet syndrome?

Your questions are suggestive and closed, so I'm assuming it's all rhetorical.

Before entering into this debate on your terms, let me tell you what I inferred from your post:

'I think it's real Aliens and not Bonnet Syndrome'

Please tell me if I'm incorrect, I'm not American either, don't hold it against me.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wow, that's cool. Never heard of it before.

Reminds me of a story I heard about a little old lady who used to live along the road from me. She was constantly phoning the police because she saw little people coming out of her plugs and light sockets and skirting boards. The police became so used to it they'd arrive and walk around the house reassuring her "they're not going to bother you tonight Mrs..." and they'd go back to work. She was a regular 'customer' of theirs.

edit on 22-10-2010 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I am being patronizing, now you do really make me LOLOLOL but real loud.

I apologise because im a good person.

I laugh loud because im a happy person.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Im just tellin ya the story...not trying to imply much here except to make people aware of Charles Bonnet syndrome. All I can tell you is that he did move...and he moved because he was in great fear...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

reminds me of the underpants gnombs

www.southparkstudios.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join