It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crocodile on plane kills 19 passengers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

A STOWAWAY crocodile on a flight escaped from its carrier bag and sparked an onboard stampede that caused the flight to crash, killing 19 passengers and crew.

The croc had been hidden in a passenger's sports bag - allegedly with plans to sell it - but it tore loose and ran amok, sparking panic.

A stampede of terrified passengers caused the small aircraft to lose balance and tip over in mid-air during an internal flight in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

The unbalanced load caused the aircraft, on a routine flight from the capital, Kinshasa, to the regional airport at Bandundu, to go into a spin and crash into a house.

A lone survivor from the Let 410 plane told the astonishing tale to investigators.

Ironically the crocodile also survived the crash but was later killed with a machete by rescuers sifting through the wreckage.

Crocodile on plane kills 19

Okay Seriously What the....Really?

I don't even think this crocodile was even that big if it was brought on board in a sports bag. The croc even survived the crash, but later was killed.

Passengers followed the hostess as she ran to the cockpit, which made the plane off balance. I'm sorta angry at this.

Bah!....

edit on 22-10-2010 by Oozii because: ....................

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Who in thier right mind would travel with a 6 - 9 foot long crocodile while on a plane?

I'm glad the smuggler was amongst the dead, no other excuse for stupidity. Now watch the TSA and DHS look to ban carryons as a result, you know, for your own protection.

Did the scanner not detect this going through the xray device that all chequed luggage is required to undergo?

Someone on the ground in the terminal of origin needs to lose thier job over this as clearly they were not doing it.

I smell a nice huge lawsuit coming by the family members of the deceased for negligance. Also, if there is an aligator or larger reptile on board of a plane do not run to the front of the plane as that will knock the counterweight off thus sending the plane into a dangerous and sharp nosedive.

Where was the TSA Air Marshall on board, he's got the authourity to shoot and kill the target while airbourne.
edit on 22-10-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Really? Crocs on a Plane!? As if Samuel Jackson needs another excuse to appear in another movie! He's in EVERYTHING! But seriously, that's messed up. Maybe this means the FAA will press for stricter regulations regarding aerial animal transportation?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
That took place in the Congo, what makes you think they have modern scanners, of any sort? since the Belgians left, that country has had civil wars, coups, lord knows what else, I bet the airport terminus is a tent!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

How horrible!

And the croc did not deserve to die. It was only following its nature.

As usual, it is people who are at fault. What a nice planet this would be if people were not here!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I agree with you. How can it be said that Airline/Airport security is being amp'd up, when a crocodile of that size, is brought on board that easily.

And how in the world could they miss it?

edit on 22-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The only two survivors, a human and a crocodile, and one was killed. Bunch of non-sense. Stupid humans.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Oozii,

Am I a horribly twisted sick person if my initial reaction to this article was laughter??

I mean,come on, this could have been the plot for a really funny movie. Especially the fact that the croc survived the crash........

Reality sometimes beats fantasy. Thanks for the info Oozii.

Peace
edit on 22-10-2010 by operation mindcrime because: Darwin award material.....gonna be hard to compete with this guy!!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

If you are, then I'm guilty as well. But still anger's me. Just about how this happened.

There of had to of been atleast a few men on board, how come they couldn't go Steve Irwin on the croc. I guess it's just easier to be said then done.

edit on 22-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Oozii,

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. But sheep will be sheep, so if one starts running, they all start running.

It does say something about the structural integrity of a crocodile if 19 people die and it crawls out alive! Maybe aviation technology guys can do something with this fact to improve safety so it won't be a complete waste of lives...

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I can see it already: Special crocodile suits for airplane passengers. Crash proof!

Production can be outsourced to several countries which have crocs, just need people to believe the sudden slaughter of crocs is for scientific goals!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Yeah, I was thinking more along the line of assuming the crocodile position in case of an emergency. Who knows? First member to test this theory and report back on the results will get 50K points!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Yeah, I was thinking more along the line of assuming the crocodile position

The crocodile position, tears in my eyes

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
oh man,what a story.

The crocodile survived the crash, only to be dispatched with a blow from a machete. Danny Philemotte, the Dutch pilot and 62-year-old owner of the plane's operator, Filair, struggled in vain with the controls, with Chris Wilson, his 39-year-old First Officer from Shurdington, near Cheltenham, Glocs. The plane was on a routine flight from the capital, Kinshasa, to the regional airport at Bandundu when the incident unfolded, on August 25. It crashed into a house just a few hundred feet from its destination. The occupants of the property were outside at the time.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31880f4be65d.jpg[/atsimg]

British pilot Chris Wilson, 39, from Shurdington, near Cheltenham, Glocs was acting as the plane's first officer alongside Belgian pilot Danny Philemotte, 62, who was owner of the plane's operator Filair. Read more: www.news.com.au...

they all ran to the cockpit...this pilot must of though WTF!.. the croc must of gone to attack the passengers,but it dont really say how big it was,to be in a sports bag,must of been small,im guessing,but the plane flipped over,what a nightmareish situation...it be good to see a interview with the survivor.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
double post...sorry
edit on 22-10-2010 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
My girlfriend was driving her Mum's NEW car along the highway at 70mph and a Spider came down from the sun visor.

She panicked as she hates them, swerved the car off the road into the ditch and wrote it off.

Girlfriend was OK, bit shaken but the car was dead and don't know about the Spider lol.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think this should be retitled "19 stupid people on a plane kill themselves". I mean come one, if it was in a sports bag surely it wasn't that big? And the guy with the machete killing it after is just sick. Poor thing, poor people. This could've been avoided if people weren't such cowards.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This has to go down as one of the craziest stories i've EVER heard! WOW...SERIOUSLY? Someone snuck a croc onto a plane and this is what happens? im speechless..

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Maybe he was with Al-Qaeda
Now we'll be bombing rivers and zoos in search of Mohammed Al Croc

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Yeah, I was thinking more along the line of assuming the crocodile position

The crocodile position, tears in my eyes

It wasn't that funny, stop shedding crocodile tears.

>_> No it was funny but I like puns.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join