It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many will abandon faith in the end times.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
By "there are more Christians today than there ever have been", do you mean percentage-wise because I'm inclined to believe that has something to do with globalization and the enormous jumps in population the world has undergone in the past 50 years alone. The statistics I'm looking at show that there are 2.1 billion christians in the world and 1.1 billion atheist/secular/agnostic/non religious people www.adherents.com... . Still a minority and not really capable of 'oppressing' Christians, but still the highest it's ever been.

Percentage wise or numbers wise, however you want to look at it. Christianity is also increasing. More numbers of people are becoming Christian than are becoming Athiests. Christianity is increasing overall. Proving that this prophecy is not coming true or it has always been coming true. People will always be questioning their faith. It has been happening throughout history and some people will always be losing their faith.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
reply to post by kallisti36

Kallisti, you posted how that a man without the Bible could rationalize killing and that the Bible or word was very definitive. I responded and told you how it wasn't. You then tried to rationalize killing and why it was okay. Don't you see the irony and how you proved yourself wrong. The reason I brought up prisons and mental institutions is not to name call. It is to show you that you do not need this book and that it is not making the world a better place. You also tried to send me to a web site so I could rationalize killing.
Good point. I was being hypocritical there. I'm just saying if the Bible is true, then the reasons for the killing come from Yahweh and not from an imperfect mind rationalizing it's own behavior. I am, however. arguing from the point of view of a Christian. This is where we are at an impass. The Bible is truth to me, not to you. When brought into a secular arena, I will fail. Take Yahweh from the Bible and call it the word of men and it is a book about tribal warfare and delusions. If I put you in the religious arena, you will always lose, because in the religious arena, Yahweh is perfect and being such can do no wrong. Religion vs atheism/secularism is futile.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join