It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

But why does the bible keep on referring to the "Son of Man"?

I am even more perplexed - I thought Jesus was the Son of God?

It was well established in earlier literature that the "Sons of God" were the Nephilim. Jesus was not a Nephilim.

Also, there were many gods at that time, so being a "son of god" would be a very ambiguous term. Contrary to popular belief, the Jews were not monotheistic as they did recognize that there were other gods; they chose Yahweh from among all the available gods.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

If you calm down for a bit you will see that I was suggesting that ANY reference material can be questioned. Nothing more. But I'm concluding that talking to all the Jesus nuts is a waste of time, you all are mentally ill~

By the way, I used to be a believer of the Christian faith, and yes I have read the Holy Bible cover to cover.....but then I woke up....why don't you?
edit on 22-10-2010 by Wrecked because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrecked

I'm exactly where I want to be,thanks to the grace of God.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Who do you believe to be God? In Judaism Jesus cannot be God.
So I can see why you follow the "Christian" Belief.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrecked

["Jesus nuts is a waste of time, you all are mentally ill']

for they said, "He is out of his mind."-Mark3.21

["By the way, I used to be a believer of the Christian faith, and yes I have read the Holy Bible cover to cover.....but then I woke up....why don't you?']

At that time many will turn away from the faith-Matthew24.10

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Ok, wow..can you not come up with a comment all your own?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Who do you believe to be God? In Judaism Jesus cannot be God.
So I can see why you follow the "Christian" Belief.

Father,Son,Holy Spirit,...one and the same,just different forms.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Well I have something for you to read. It's the differences between the two faiths.
Enjoy it and learn from it!
Differences

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrecked
reply to post by Rustami

Ok, wow..can you not come up with a comment all your own?

2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness..."

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Well I have something for you to read. It's the differences between the two faiths.
Enjoy it and learn from it!
Differences

No thanks. I've seen you do this every time. Your arguments hold no weight with me.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
But why does the bible keep on referring to the "Son of Man"?

The "Son of Man" name is a back-reference to the figure in the vision of Daniel ch7, "one like a son of man", who comes to receive "dominion".

link   
reply to post by Wrecked

here it is again you seemed to have missed it the first time, were'nt you just boasting in your knowledge just a second ago on or about other mens writings of and in history with no where near the credibility nor witnesses?

when I had begun to open a pocket size green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the kitchen bar a few days earlier yet before reading anything, I heard an audible voice speak as if sitting beside me to the left that said my name then- “I am Jesus, I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish” exceedingly awestruck (previous to this I was saying God and specifically Christian anything was all just something for the weakminded) I quickly stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said yes Lord-

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.-John5.25

edit on 22-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

link   

Well then you follow blindly.
Keep up the faith and soon I promise you something great will happen! Not Christianity. But Judaism.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Romantic Rebel, I thought you were an atheist? Are you an adherent of Judaism?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

You still have yet to answer a single question of your own words from your own thoughts. Reciting a make believe story with no credible witnesses does nothing to substantiate your argument. I'm done wasting my time with someone who can't intelligently answer a question with his/her own thought process.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

That is a privet matter as I type. I would like to keep it privet as that I believe.
Can you respect that answer?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Absolutely. I would, however, enjoy a discussion with you at anytime you might consider it. Peace.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have read all the posts here, and still have not understand what the topic is all about. Are we suppose to discuss the end of times as been written in the Bible, or are we supposed to discuss our personal views of God and Religion in general??? All i can read are quotes and more quotes. Who is right and who is wrong.

It seems to me the person who said this was right after all.

"All ideologies are idiotic, whether religious or political, for it is conceptual thinking, the conceptual word, which has so unfortunately divided man." Jiddu Krishnamurti

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

That is what I've been saying all along. That no matter how you try to convey your message, it would seem that the sole basis of argument that these religious fanatics can produce is scripture. They would appear, based on all of the above posts, that they are incapable of establishing their own response and have no alternative but to recite what they have read in a make believe book.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

You can tell with proper background/discernment which words were of Jesus of Nazareth and which words were put into his mouth.

e.g. The Original Post.

Anything that contains fear filled prophesy is not from a benevolent source, being the majority of the bible.
edit on 22-10-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join