It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

You deserve 1000+

My style +80
Questions +70 +30 en +20 [up] 279 + ...

edit on 2010/10/28 by etherical waterwave because: The dots!!!!!!!!! moderator+

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
IMO . "Son of Man" is a term used to define the concept of what a human can potentially metamorphose into... breaching between duality and singularity or intellectual animal and divine interconnectedness.

ie .... "son of caterpillar" = butterfly...

when humanity evolves to this next level and shares christ conciousness... it will be in tumultuous times... ie: the times we are now approaching...

I think it is due to the fact he served all! He was servant of all men!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Numbers! Scary, scary numbers.
What are you implying with the "666"?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by On the Edge

You might also want to see this! Since we're becoming anti-religious here.
Why I left Christianty
Why I left Christianty 2
Why I left Christianty 3
Should I continue or what?

Ain't gonna happen! I've seen and read and felt enough to cement my beliefs. You're wasting your time offering me things to read! The Bible works just fine for me.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

You're wasting your time complaining about Islam. As an Atheist I believe in facts. I don't have enough faith to be a brainwashed sheep.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I wasn't complaining about it at all. The video is a former Muslim speaking. It's his message,not mine. And it wasn't even directed toward you,so why are you making an issue out of it?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Because I can. It's the internet! It sounded that you're being a hypocrite and I wanted to share the various ex Christian links I have.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong, like I said I love everyone and so desperately want to be loved back the way I am loved by Jesus, so no worries as they say.

All I'm saying is don't say to me that Jesus, although a REAL historical figure, who was put to death by some form of crucifixion, was just a man or another in a long string of prophets, of which Mohammed alone it tops, that is terribly insulting and hurtful to us Christians, trust me on this, because you are in effect acknowledging Jesus on the one hand, as some sort of good man, or wise man, and little more than that, and then, by what he actaully SAID, if even only a small proportion of his sayings may be taken as historically accurate or authentic, that he was LYING, and in effect a charlatan. Please, please just don't insult us as Christians, because THAT one hurts much moreso than the plain non or unbeliever. Do you understand where I'm coming from on this? How terribly insulting that is for me, one who loves Jesus, not as a historical figure, but as the God of love made manifest in human form by a type of sympathetic harmonious connection with us as human beings, right where we're at, where we LIVE, without ONCE compromising for a moment, with the very part of us which must be transformed if we are to enter into the KOH in the here and now and actaully become like him, and a new creation. Don't make me observe you throw away my Jesus like a baby in the bathwater, please, that's all I ask, because I love you and certainly honour your faith and tradition, and will look into it some more because I'm open minded, or so I like to think I am.

Christianity is a type of metaphysical and philosophical statement of logic or "logos" as to the true nature of our human being, as we were made (over whatever the whole timeline of the entire universe is) by design in the image of our creator, so that we might come into an inheritance of eternal life, even one that we did not work for, and through us, that includes by extension all of humanity, because of the love at the heart of it, where the highest law isn't harsh judgement, but love - the living water of eternal life, given from the Bride and the Bridegroom together, which could represent a fully integrated human Christmind or Christ or God consciousness. In other words, the human being was never designed other than to be both fully human AND divine and in a familial kinship type relationship, with none other than God as the spirit of the universe. The Christian God is accessible, within, and he is, at least in part, since God is also transcendant, the very best part, of ourselves. That's the Christian message. We are the gift placed beneath the lowest branch of the Christmas tree of life. Only question remaining is - do we have the courage to open it?

Sorry for rambling, I get going on sometimes too much I'll admit.
edit on 28-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That's what I call faith! Faith is not truth. It's believing which you don't understand. But feel in life. Am I right? Many people have different views on Jesus and they can't all be right. Which I believe they are all wrong.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I've been trying to allow Jesus to speak through me, to you, so that you might hear his "voice".. oh his voice. Sigh.

Screw the Toa, or an incomprehensible God. I want a God who actaully knows ME, loves ME, and cares for ME, and I aint going anywhere, because when I allow Christ into me, with me in him, just where precisely would there be, to go?

Christ is the alpha and the omega, the beginning AND the end. This isn't just a scripture, it's the truth.

NOW what do we do, if we really ARE loved UNCONDITIONALLY, and there is no more SHOULD and SHOULDN"T of all the primitive religious traditions of old.

I purport that there is NOTHING else TO do, within an eternally unfolding and radically forgiven present moment BUT to love God above all and neighbor as self - who, after all, would do any LESS? Get it? (please don't take that the wrong way as I'm not trying to come off sounding aggressive or anything, but this "point" is an important point to make I think).

Love,

Rob

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Well like I said earlier it's your faith and nothing more. You believe it and that's all I see out of it. I used to be in your shoes as a Christian. Maybe a different pair of shoes.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Yes he was the greatest among us and therefore the servant of all.

but his desciples kept arguing amongst themselves as to who was the greatest among them, then maybe, after a while they look up and go, like DUH! what were we THINKING (palming forehead), and then they laughed and patted each other on the back for finally "grokking" the plainly obvious!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Sure, but do you have an open mind, and remember that you are not the only one reading it.

I'm not so sure it's so easily dismissed like that, I mean I'm not trying to CONVERT you back or anything, just asking you to consider a few things, and just try them on, in your mind, as philisophical considerations.

I mean like I always perk up when I see people presenting sound ideas, and look closely and say to myself - does this really make any sense?

It hurts I have to say, to be so easily dismissed like that. You remind me of atheists in that regard, and please don't take that as an insult, just a statement about their lack of open mindedness and quick defences, deployed time and time again, a surefire recipe (shut mind) for everlasting ignorance (Spencer someoneorother paraphrased).

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

No! I do have an open mind on history, myths, religions and what not. Like I said earlier it requires faith and I simply don't have that. You know?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

The son of man... The son of god. He refered to himself as both, then there's the whole multiple Gods in the old testament. Until the true pagan church (catholics) let us read and see all religious text.. Picking and choosing from limited material gives us limited outlook. My educated guess is he's prophecing the notorious 2012 event. (Because even revelations hints at the 3 and one half year after the beast takes world order, which could have happened when the pope called world power of economy awhile back. Though its not givin to know the exact date, it never says if the date will be disclosed to those who listin at a givin point. On another note. People not turning back could be a mass flood (again)... If you really look into the bible (from its greek and hebrew) its not as it seems in english. then pair it with other religious text. (And from what I've acquired from doing so, so far... Is that, not only are we waaaay outta touch but the hindu and true christians are similar I'm much... Ah but I'm going on... Where was the thread going to point out something?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
To cement belief! That is strong hard faith! I really liked that input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is to knuckle faith!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bestof83

Interesting what you write, and Hinduism as I see it is a mix of Brahmanism and Buddhism.

And Christianity on high levels belongs to the Buddha school(reincarnation is even spelled out clear in the bible).

Anyway, I use to quote from Revelation:

14 They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings--and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers."

The Lamb is the Lord of Lords. If these are the end times, should the Lord of Lords not recruit his followers during this period of time? Should he not be slanderred and attacked by his enemies? Should he not come from the far east(China) like all the prophets and the bible says? Should his teachings not have a "divine wheel" like the bible foresees?

Which spiritual movement in the world has all these components mentioned above and gatherred 100 million followers in 7 years before being persecuted by the evil Chinese Communist Party in july 1999(like Nostradamus and Swedenborg etc predicted)? Which has spiritual doctrines ibased on "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance"?

Falun Dafa is the real deal that mankind has waited for throughout all ages. And very few people have an open mind and can realize it now.

The Law Wheel:

www.falundafa.org... - exactly like Ezekiel described it with wheel in wheel, 4 sides etc:

1:16 The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel. ... 1:19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

The book Zhuan Falun:

www.falundafa.org...

Read and enjoy, you will never find a book like that again. Falun Dafa is true science of the multidimensional cosmos.

PS: To be saved in the future just remember one thing:

Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good.

Not too much to ask from any good person anywhere in this world.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Don't get me wrong, like I said I love everyone and so desperately want to be loved back the way I am loved by Jesus, so no worries as they say.

All I'm saying is don't say to me that Jesus, although a REAL historical figure, who was put to death by some form of crucifixion, was just a man or another in a long string of prophets, of which Mohammed alone it tops, that is terribly insulting and hurtful to us Christians, trust me on this, because you are in effect acknowledging Jesus on the one hand, as some sort of good man, or wise man, and little more than that, and then, by what he actaully SAID, if even only a small proportion of his sayings may be taken as historically accurate or authentic, that he was LYING, and in effect a charlatan. Please, please just don't insult us as Christians, because THAT one hurts much moreso than the plain non or unbeliever.

My friend,

Please allow me to attempt to relieve some of your pain. You said you love everyone, and that is admirable, yet you claim that others beliefs and voicing of those beliefs about Jesus Christ brings you pain, and that you desire them to stop. Furthermore, you say it is insulting that some think Mohammed is the last of the Prophets.

My friend, can you not see that your love for Jesus is greater than your love for the rest of mankind by your own words?

Jesus never wanted to be worshipped more than any other. He wanted us to love all equally. He taught this in all of his parables, lived this in all of his works, and he demonstrated this by dieing on the cross for us to learn this lesson. Any man who truly loves all mankind, without judgement, IS a Prophet. It does not matter his belief in God, or lack there of, for to love all man kind without judgement IS the will of God, whether one acknowledges it or not. God would not be a God if he required Man's belief to exist.

If you believe Jesus was God, then you must also acknowledge that we are ALL God, part and parcel. Thus every man who speaks with the love in his heart, speaks the word of God. What they say, is particular only to themselves, and those who find agreement with them. Does our Universe not demonstrate that God prefers variety? How many different animals, insects, and plants roam this earth? How many different races and cultures of Man? How many different stars and planets? God LOVES variety. God is everything. God is within EVERYONE. Thus, he will manifest in many many different ways.

If a Man believes that Mohammad is the last Prophet, my only lamentation is that he does not consider HIMSELF a Prophet. But I accept his opinion, for he has only blinded himself to his own glory.

If a Man believes that Jesus Christ is the last Prophet, my only lamentation is that he does not understand the parables Christ taught, lived, and died for.

If a Man Knows he IS a Prophet, and demonstrates it by loving all Mankind UNCONDITIONALLY, I rejoice!
For then I know I have a true Brother or Sister in this world.

Do not be hurt or insulted that others voice differing opinions my friend. Not one Man did Jesus Christ condemn or take offence to in his life. He loved ALL unconditionally, and as his life is the way to heaven, so should you.

I am the Son of Man, conceived in the flesh, and so are you.
I am the Son of God, given the same divine breath of life bestowed on Adam, without which, life is impossible, and so are You.

We are Brothers and Sisters sharing a common experience with differing perspectives and points of view. Love each other and share. We walk in the kingdom of Heaven. All we need do is open our eyes to see it, and love each other to make it what we want it to be.

Judge not, Love all, be at peace

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 28-10-2010 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Master's Li Hongzhi’s(founder of Falun Dafa) poem from Hong Yin, “Casting off Attachments:”

“Delusion blinds the world’s people,
Each attached to fame and gain,
But honest and kind were the ancients,
Calm and balanced,
fortune and longevity were their lot.”

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

okay, here's the thing...

from time immemorial men (who would have advantage over others) have read the lines and quoted the scripture and frightened the mob...

but these men who would make profit of prophecy are invariably wrong

from the dispensationalists of the nineteenth century to the 14 year old messiah who convinced hundreds of Korean christians to give away their worldly possessions in the late eighties... they were all wrong

in point of fact, the last few lines make it clear: the son of man will come when LEAST expected

if you're expecting Him now, it is clearly not when He is least expected, and so therefore, He is not coming

stop expecting -- for this is also clear: only the father can know

just out of curiosity, what causes humans to seek Godly solutions to mortal problems?

famine, disease, war and rumors of war - these are problems that humanity creates, and perpetuates... is it not humanity's responsibility to set things right?

or, at the end of the day, is humanity, with it's vaunted intelligence and opposable thumbs, just a riotous beast, drowning in the filth of its own decay - waiting for the celestial zookeeper to re-establish order - and clean up all the crap

treat as you would be treated; the rest is commentary

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join