It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
IMO . "Son of Man" is a term used to define the concept of what a human can potentially metamorphose into... breaching between duality and singularity or intellectual animal and divine interconnectedness.

ie .... "son of caterpillar" = butterfly...

when humanity evolves to this next level and shares christ conciousness... it will be in tumultuous times... ie: the times we are now approaching...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I think these scriptures give more strong clues

of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God.

I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.

edit on 27-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Syrus Magistus

When you believe Syrus. You can feel it. It would be dissapointing to only have believed them when they came to pass.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Or the times we are already in best friend.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Apparently they are 3 - God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost.

Who or what is the Holy Ghost?

Isn't the holy ghost the spirit of the universe, the spirt of the living God? And in terms of "logic" is it not the logos also, embued with infinite intelligence, which will show us and teach us everything we need to know and inquire about?

And isn't it the same essential "person of God" which was ambodied by Christ, and which filled him without measure?

And as the spirit, containing all information, from age to age, and from eternity to eternity, is it not forever welling up from the very center of existence, from the zero point field or the Akashic Field, or what the Easterners thought of as Tao?

The Holy Ghost therefore, the spirit of the universe spirit of God, which transcends the universe and informs it as well, and which animates it and causes it to evolve and to live and live again in an eternal wellspring of eternal life, from life to life everlasting IS God, the God relative to whom there is no other.

In fact, we, our bodies and minds are the temple of the holy spirit, we are the house of God who also live in His universal house.

Just felt like posting some spiritually inspired stream of consciousness material.. for whatever it's worth.

I like the "Son of Man" metamorphosis interpretation someone offered, that's cool and makes a lot of sense.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

So they need somehow a tutor with a heart for them to get them back into place and make them realise they can and will fit their position as students/followers. It is the fact they need to find the silence again wherein the message can be heard. They need to be shown the heart and comfort. I suppose dicerned means; out of place.
I suppose that somehow happened when they were laughed at, THEY WERE THROWN OUT OF PLACE BY BULLYING!!

Revenge will be taken those who dared to put them out of place.

Now there is also a part the dicerned need to fill up, but what seems to be no problem.

edit on 2010/10/27 by etherical waterwave because: add

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hey guys, i posted 2 kind of long posts on page 17 but no one read them, or just overlooked them, i really wanted to enter this discussion aswell

Ill repost again here, hopefully will get some replies this time ^^

"Im a muslim and even then i know a lot of thing you say are true. Everyones relationship in god is personal, its said that God is omnipresent, for if all of us are simply sensory stimualtions triggered by eletrical impulses, then yeah it would make sense that god is more close to each on of us, then eachother.

Also yeah heaven and hell talk, maybe be used in a form of fear mongering but in another context one can look and give a reason for people to believe in an ultimate form of justice, if there is a god that can see us and our very secrets etc, how can we be judged rightly in this world?

Do not let words like heaven and hell, be a form of fear mongering for you. When something like this is read on a screen or paper it might look that way, but when its been spoken of then you will further grasp it as more of a warning to be prepared for the trial.

Live for the truth, hope that there is and will be a final judgement of our actions, put a brave face on, smile and pave the way of getting yourself taht Agrade when things come to pass. For in this world a cruel place it so surely is, if there was not to be a hereafter or a system of true justice, then surely there is no will to live for we must live in total utter darkness.

As for the revelations christianity offers in that chapter, a lot if not all bare similar occurences, prophecies in our holy scruptures the Q'uran.

I impore people to strip titles like islam, christianity and all the things it might relate to, but start at the basics. Christianity comes from christ who is Jesus, who is a prophet that loved and beared great burdens that no man here can fathom. His was the right way. Look at Islam, by definition means peace. Let that be a start of 100% personal intentional research into religion and spirituality. Find and do research into the scriptures yourselves, do not let stereotypes and peoples actions sound your judgement. You alone dictate your path and course through your lives, make it the best and most positive it can be in these harsh times. Better yourselves before trying to push things on others.

Peace and may God guide each one of us toward truth, good deeds and a better place

This is really important, it is known that many things were changed in the Bible, also there was a time when Christianity and the vatican used it for power instead of spiritual reasons, that tim was an important time, during the Roman empire, who had much control over Christianity.

Now a vast majority believe Jesus is god or is part of him or is his son, when many contradictions from other sources say difference, not only the Old testament, but the Quran also implies this.

To all christians, remember that Jesus was around in a time where Pagan and polytheism was common, especially with the romans etc. Polytheism stems from ancestor worship - where one would remember and over generation begin to worship and pray to certain pious people aka jesus, to the point where they Deify him.

Jesus did not teach this, all worship belong only to God, the One and Only, that is what he taught. Worshipping jesus as a god, is letting the pagans and polytheists deception win. And this deception is unfathomable.

Its not a case of which religion is right or which is wrong, a prophet came to all people of all nations bearing the truth. They all bear glad tidings and following any of them will lead to salvation however, knowledge is long lost and interpretations innovations, and all sorts of other indefinite sources have made finding out about them really obscure and erroneous, which can be really costly for the believer.

The most recent of 'big' religions is Islam, and these scriptures although maybe have been interpreted have remain unchanged since its revelation, for it being memorized througout coutnless people through all generation since. These same scriptures talk about the history of the prophets jesus, moses, abraham, adam and all the other prophets. God has send messengers throughout dfferent nations in the times of its most corrupt, and each new messenger replaces the last, thought they all had the same teachings, prayers etc. Althought knowledge is also lost into how they did pray etc. Its a shame that nationality is what dictates peoples opinions on their respective religions when its the religion itself and its teaching that should be put under scrutiny.

Im a muslm as i have wrote in my previous post, i really hope i havent left any feeling of contempt or wanting to convert anyone, its not about that at all. Jus tryin to get people to think, id love to carry on the talks, better to talk about religion etc with clear consious minds then standard profanity and material we tend to in our daily lives.

With religion, there is a lot more logic and truth to be found, ill end off wiht a quote:

'truth is easy to understand when discovered, but the point is dicovering them' Galileo Galilei"

Please someone respond! I want to to talk with you guys too

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

yes.

i agree.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I've read the Holy Ghost wasn't always given to us for a time, quote:"From that time the Spirit won't be of men anymore."

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I suppose there was a separation from the holy of holies for a time, until the high priest himself performed the great work fo all ages, and so from then on, the spirit is freely available, since in theory, if not always in practice, there is no separation any more. Also, once something takes place in "the realm" of God which extends to the whole of creation, then the notion of it being some other way at some other time loses it's meaning, since there is no time in God ie: once God said :"let there be light" it may be said that there was ALWAYS light. Therefore there's no use drawing the distinction of then and now, even of here and there, or you and me, or this religion or that, since Jesus died for ALL PEOPLE, and said, of the very people who put him on the cross - forgive them father, for they know not what they do". Now, did THOSE people believe on him and on his name? No. Somewhere along the way, whether it was Paul's fault or not it's hard to say, but at some point the GOOD NEWS of the Gospel became the bad new, and the unloving news of BELIEVER THIS OR ELSE, at imho, that's the point of demarcation where the devil got involved to try to undo the power of the cross as an all inclusive proposition for all people the whole world over, and just look at the division and strife which ensued in the wake of that point of departure, including the BURNING of people ALIVE!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nastyj

Hello my friend,

I found your post to be honest, heart felt, educated, humble, and understanding. It was a beautiful reply to the thread, which I could only find agreement with. I am not a Muslim, not that it matters. Labels are rather silly affairs in the grand scheme of things. What's the point of dividing up into teams when we all are playing the same game for the same side, that being Man? I cannot find anything to dispute in your post, nor can a think of anything I wish to add. I can give you some advice though.

Your post allowed others to have their own opinion, thus, there is no room for someone to have their pride bent out of shape. This may be the reason why your posts have been ignored. However, it is perhaps better to give the benefit of the doubt and simply accept that silence denotes approval.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nastyj

Hi nastyj, I will respond. The reason Jesus never told anyone to worship him is because while he was yet a man, he was bound by the laws of being in a corrupted earth. What is from beneath (earth) is not equal to what is from above (heaven). This is a satanic saying, 'as above, so below'.

So while he was a man, he never said he was the 'Son of God', he never said 'Worship Me'. He never said 'I AM GOD'
For if the Messiah said those things, we would be able to say them too. He was setting an example for all men who are all equal but this does not mean that he was not the Son of God.
He just never broke the rules while yet in the flesh if you can understand.

There is a saying imperfect parents say to their children, it is 'do as I say, not as I do'
Only the Son of God is able to say, 'do as I do, and do as I say' for his Ways were perfect as well as his Words.

God bless

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have to go with C.S. Lewis on this one, in that my only "complaint" with what some people say about Jesus, namely that he was just a prophet, a good man, or a teacher, and nothing more, is that this makes of him a liar, and not a good man or a humble man at all, given the things he said about himself ie: I am the way, the truth and the light, I am the true vine, the gate, the good shepherd, etc. in short, he was one with the spirit, in accord with the will of God, which is the will to love. It only appears to be paradoxical, but it's not, it's a model of leadership which points to the true nature of the human being in God's creation, as made in the image of God and where we fall short, he did not, he hit the mark, and was flawless. Was he born half man half God? I doubt it very much, in fact all indication is that he was born into some sort of controversy, and controversy runs right through his family line, as it does with most of us, but for Jesus, that was surely nothing more than a type of catalyst. Oh he may have started out as Jesus of Nazareth, in political opposition to the PTB of his time, but in the process something happened, and then he fulfilled a higher will and plan trascendant of any political controversy, unto the greatest controversy of all, a spiritual one between the inherent goodness of God's creation, and the evil of the sin and pride of fallen men, and then he resolved it, in his person, and through his words and actions, unto his Great Work of all Ages, which again, as C.S. Lewis has aply point out - if it has any meaning at all, then by extension, it means EVERYTHING, and served the cause of a severe justice and tender mercy (the twin pillars in the temple of Soloman) by far exceeding our human conceptions of justice. But to write Jesus off as just another prophet, a mere good man or a teacher, well there's an insult there, to the value of his work, his words, and his true nature and character, it's the same as calling him a liar while humoring him and doing nothing but paying lip service to those who love him. And on the other side of the coin, from the perspective of Jesus, as I pointed out, his is an ALL INCLUSIVE propostion, but there's no need to insult him or denigrade the value of his cross and his great work performed on behalf of us all, whether we actaully believe in him, or not.

just my two cents, and that said I love my brothers and sisters all, both because it's the right thing to do and because that is the moral imperative (commandment), and, because it's FUN!

But it always hurts me to hear Muslims talk about Jesus in those terms. They THINK they are being generous to Christians, but are doing nothing more or less than declaring Jesus mission, purpose and character, as entirely inauthentic, and even misleading, deceptive, and a lie, and that hurts me as a Christian, but I don't need to convert my brother, only love him as Jesus loves me, and in so doing share the common bond of love, and that's congruent with Jesus and the love of God, just please don't insult us Christians or our Lord by saying that he was a prophet, a nice man and a good teacher. In truth, that's hurtful.

Let us therefore, if we must differ, set aside our religious differences and share the bond of love and the brotherhood of man, for there, the love of God resides, and in my view, the love of Jesus also, since there is only one God, who is a God of Love, Truth, and Spirit.

So let us not argue over these things and instead focus on what we share in common, what is the common denominator. For surely that is what Jesus would want, not to see us arguing over his true nature as the Son of God. If he were here, I can hear him now, saying - are we not all sons of God?, how DARE you use ME to separate yourself from your brother!, and that would be directed at us supposed Christians! In fact, I think he'd be harder on so-called "Christians" than any other belief system or group, and he'd be able to tell in a heartbeat with just one LOOK at a person, knowing the heart of a man. And of course he'd have some good parables to tell which would set us straight and make us turn all red in shame, and then he'd declare it party time and we'd all have fun together and share some laughs, maybe even a glass of wine or two..

That's Jesus, who would not let us get away without having a laugh at the folly of our own stupidity, and then he would bring us together, and show us how we are brothers, even children of God in ONE heavenly household. In fact, he himself would probably be, if anything, much more Muslim, than Christian!

But he would not deny himself nor be dishonest or hide his great light under a bushel basket, he would not belittle himself, because he was true to himself, where humility may be defined as knowing one's self as you truly are.
edit on 27-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: slight modifications and additions due to imperfections ; )

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
All WE need is love, love is all we need.

edit on 28-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: smiley added

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Jesus is a confusing character to describe. Who is to say they are right defining Jesus? Faith is faith. Doesn't necessary make it true. Yet believers believe it as 100% Jesus in Islam is much more straight forwarded then him in any other belief out there. Who can deny the similarities; yet the meekness you get from reading the words Jesus says in the Quran? You don't have to be Muslim to find the images beautiful or the poetry meaningful.
edit on 28-10-2010 by Romantic_Rebel because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2010 by Romantic_Rebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nastyj

Why I Left Islam-Ex-Muslim terrorist Walid Shoebat(Part 1 of 2)
www.youtube.com...

You might like to see this. Very sincere and he describes some things you will relate to perhaps.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

You might also want to see this! Since we're becoming anti-religious here.
Why I left Christianty
Why I left Christianty 2
Why I left Christianty 3
Should I continue or what?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Boredom romantic rebel, boredom.
We did not kill the innocent, èèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèèh
Sutpid innocents.

IT WORKS

edit on 2010/10/28 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

What version of Jesus are you talking about here? His life is riddle with contradictions in the Bible. If everyone is right then Jesus is a walking contradiction.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

You're not making sense here. Christianity has had it's fair share of success and failure. Everyone and every belief system has. Even Atheist and others as well.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join