It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it okay to discriminate against gay people?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Biblically speaking now, I would (my opinion) say he, like all of us are born into sin, we sin during our lives also. Who can say whether he was born gay? and if he was, he still has a choice to carry on sinning or to stop.

I can't say for sure, I really can't as I do not know. I've spoken to him about this at length and he says he cannot help who he is, he feels he was born that way , and had these feelings since early childhood.

I know he was abused by a family friend when he was younger by a male, but would that make a difference? who knows.

All I know is I love my brother, we all love him and as a family we are very close, and I couldn't ask for a better brother! or uncle to my children. He's an amazing guy.

As an afterthought, I believe we all sin, everyone of us, and doesn't the bible teach "You who is WITHOUT sin cast the first stone"?

In my opinion and according to my beliefs, none of us is without sin, so should we beat down those who are gay? Muslim? Black , white? should be belittle and punish and hate? or should we LOVE , care for and pray for those we Christians proclaim to care for? as Jesus does?

Those Christians who hate and discriminate are those type of christians who do not practice what they preach!, to me that is arrogance, pride and ignorance, and "Churchianty" , I want no part of that.

No wonder so many people hate us and our bible.

edit on 22-10-2010 by JJBB22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JJBB22

You know, JJ,

It is so great that you love your brother. A lot of people do not have that love.

And what does it matter what he is? It does not.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

A lot of people don't , which is what makes me angry. It's like living in the 1880s , people cannot wait to attach a "Scarlet Letter" to your chest.

My brother knows I love him, and I am proud of him , we all are, that's all that matters.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JJBB22

Hey,

Calm down - there is no shame in being gay.

Where do you live, that there is shame in being gay? Totally ridiculous.

Being gay is a fact. It is not shameful.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I think you misunderstood me. When I spoke of the Scarlet Letter I was referring to "being gay" too many gay people are made to feel shameful and that is what makes me angry.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I am 100% agree with you. Guy crimes are not less then Hetro people.. If the whole world will become guys or lesbians then we will fact extinction in 50 years..there will be no more human. This is plan of elite and they flourished the idea of being gay and lesbian, media painted and showed any person with interest towards fine arts and soft Objects as GAY and now the whole generation is felt into false belief paisted on them that they are different,,and that means they are gays.

I am sorry if my opinion hurted someone but here we are togather for our opinions and soloutions.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Here is the problem as I see it, I could be wrong. Its a complication. I am not sure what it was like when women were first allowed ot join the military but i am assuming they were housed in separate quarters. By allowing gays in the military, you in away adding two new "genders." This means they need to have four separate housing quarters instead of two. At least that's what I think they should do. But the government would rather waste their money on useless things than to help solve a problem.
Of course I have no idea what military life is like, but thats my opinion.

What about the other countries that allow gays to openly serve? They don't have separate areas. There are men and women. Period. In the military "other" doesn't exist. Sexual relations are not allowed to happen. That is punishable with dismissal from the service. At least that's how Canada does it.

Straight women don't care if they house or shower with gay women. Why are the men so afraid of this? Since they're already fighting with gay men from the NATO countries that already allow it, one day they're just going to have to man up and get over it.

Discrimination is all about fear.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It isn't right to discriminate agains gay people! I believe most of this comes from the straight male populaion. I had a conversation of a straight male that kept bashing gays. I ask why do you feel so anti-gay? He said I don't want them coming on to me. I ask has this happened to you and he said no. Now does that make any sense? And then he refused to say anything else.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

Because it's okay to discriminate against women, smokers, the handicapped(and yes they do in Florida, my friends with seizure epilepsy have been denied work for their illness) and color, thanks to affirmative action, and for your credit history, driving history, so why not gays, what they want special consideration? Hell, the only people able to get work without being discriminated against are GD people that don't need the GD JOB!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mustfarhan

Mustfarhan, what are you talking about? The reproductive organs of gays still work. There are many ways to have pregnant and gay couples are raising biological children out there. Many people have a desire to have/raise children regardless of their orientation. Procreation is a human thing, not a straight thing. Please realize that.

It is true that there is much discrimination towards gays, and for those that think it is a choice try to recall the moment you decided to be straight. No one decides their orientation and to prohibit the simplest of rights to someone because of something that they can't control is cruel. That's why there is a large amount of gays that commit suicide. If it were as simple as a decision, then why not just decide to be straight instead of ending their lives.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Lol... you've got to be kidding me. The elite are making people gay so that they can end the human race. That's rich.

I don't believe that you could make, or even influence someone to be gay. People may say it's a choice, but I don't think thats the case. I know that ever since I can remember, I've been straight. It's not like we are all born bisexual and then decide to be straight because its "the right thing to do." We just can't help who we're attracted to. I don't see any reason to believe it's different for gays.

Oh, and plenty of animals are homosexuals too. I suppose the chimpanzee elite is trying to end their race too?

edit on 10/22/2010 by BobbinHood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

I'm in college now and am focusing a lot of my studies on answering the same kinds of questions you asked. Why are people so against gays? Is it religion? The way they were raised?

I just don't understand...

I suppose people are just misinformed (like so many other subjects) about who gay people are. They assume they are all drag queens or something...but they are actually everday people.

Honeslty, I just wanna punch someone in the throat when they act "ew" towards gay people and freak out.

I've seen a lot of terrible bullying and some kids that live around where I go to school have been bullied to the point of making them kill themselves. People really don't understand what it's like to be gay...it's really tough.

I've noticed the Midwest is the worst with this subject though. The South and the coasts are so much more accepting...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JJBB22

Maybe I don't quite understand your post here, but are you saying that being gay is a sin?

If so, that's very insulting to the gay community. I don't believe the crap that the Bible says gay people are bad. I don't believe a word of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Sorry, but I disagree.

Being gay isn't a personality. Loving the arts isn't being gay, loving to dance or sing isn't being gay.

Being gay is having sexual feelings for the same gender. Exactly the same as the way straight guys feel towards women.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So straight women think it's ok to take showers with lesbians??? I could understand men and women not wanting to shower with gay people because some will look at you in a sexual way and I'm sure that'd make a lot of people uncomfortable... I don't have a problem if they want to serve in the military or anything else they want to accomplish but putting letting them take showers with ya is where I draw my line... Would you like your middle school or high school sports coaches to be gay???

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

All you need is to love him, which you do - this is proof that people are born gay.

It is not a choice.

Personal opinion does not constitute proof.

You have no data to support your stance because non-exists.

A theory is not proof.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

See! You're associating gay people with being creeps. What about a gay person who has the dignity and respect to not look at other guys/gals sexually?

Would you mind your boys being taught by a girl coach or girls being taught by a guy coach?

Just because they are gay doesn't mean they look at everyone of their gender sexually...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJBB22
I know he was abused by a family friend when he was younger by a male, but would that make a difference? who knows.

My straight brother is the one who got molested as a child. Does it make a difference? At least it didn't in his case. Where as my mother wouldn't even let me watch "Three's Company" because the main character only pretended to be gay because it would "turn me gay".

Nurture vs. Nature. I go with nature a cool 90-10 split.

All I know is I love my brother, we all love him and as a family we are very close, and I couldn't ask for a better brother! or uncle to my children. He's an amazing guy.

I'm glad you have supported your brother. I was amazed at the support from my entire family also. It makes a big difference.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

I am really glad your family has supported you also

As for the other poster JIBBLIN , why discriminate against me for my beliefs? I am a Christian I might not agree with it, but my brother knows this and even he respects my belief's , because he knows I love him and say the things I say to him because I love and care for him.

So what if I believe it's a sin? does that mean I hate gay people, and treat them less than human? NO it does not. I sin everyday, I am not a holier than thou Christian , I don't try to pass myself off as perfect or better than anyone else.

Love accomplishes more than hate does Jibblin, try to remember that.
edit on 22-10-2010 by JJBB22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jibblin
reply to post by jheated5

See! You're associating gay people with being creeps. What about a gay person who has the dignity and respect to not look at other guys/gals sexually?

Would you mind your boys being taught by a girl coach or girls being taught by a guy coach?

Just because they are gay doesn't mean they look at everyone of their gender sexually...

No I'm associating gays as being attracted to people of the same sex that does not make them creeps... It is an unavoidable fact that if their were gay people showering with other men some would be checking them out, I'm sure their are a lot of respectful gay people who would not do this but it does not negate the fact that it would happen....

Why would I want a woman coaching the football team? Why would I want a man coaching girls volleyball?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join