It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr David Kelly Files To Be Released

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Medical evidence relating to the death of Iraq weapons expert Dr David Kelly will be made public for the first time today.Details of the scientist's post-mortem and toxicology tests will be released by the Ministry of Justice at about 9am, according to Sky sources.

In 2004, an official inquiry said the documents should remain secret for 70 years to protect Dr Kelly's family.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
edit on 22/10/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/10/10 by CX because: editing news link

CX

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is breaking at the moment on Sky News.

Well this should be interesting. Quick reminder for those unaware of the subject, Dr David Kelly was named as the source of a story saying the government lied about Saddam's WMDs, before the Iraq war.

Dr Kelly was found dead shortly afterwards in woods, apparently by cutting his wrist, however this has been hotly contested by medical professionals.

The government say they wanted the details of his death kept secret for 70 years for the familys sake. Sorry, call me a bluff old conspiracy theorist but i call BS on that one.

Why, if they had already been locked away, would they suddenly decide to release them?

Are the government suddenly not bothered about the family any more?

Maybe the files have been doctored enough now so they can be released without any worries for the government?

All i know this will make interesting reading. Far too many people get suicided these days when things don't go right for governments.

CX.

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22/10/10 by CX because: edited to fix news link

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

In 2004, an official inquiry said the documents should remain secret for 70 years to protect Dr Kelly's family.

This is one government tactic to cover bad news up.

Like Phyllis Mullenix 1995 Harvard/Forsyth sodium fluoride neurotoxicity findings, that were similar to classified uranium hexafluoride tests done by toxicologist Harold Hodge during Manhattan Project.

Declassify decades later, the rest is easily deducted..........

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It is always interesting to me when these governmental bodies "release information" after extended periods of time and always to prove the government's alleged innocence or to show that events transpired as they claim it did. Why would one think that said papers/evidence was/were not manipulated/manufactured in the time since? They can and do produce exactly what they like and we have no way of proving otherwise.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
They've had plenty time to doctor any information they need....it was MURDER and if they think anyone is buying there bullshine stories they are WRONG!

CX

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
‎"There was no secrecy surrounding the post-mortem"

Yeah right, that's why you tired to keep it secret for 70 years...but it was illegal, Skumbag....it was MURDER!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

funny how this was kept secret even though it says exactly what the official version was..i smell a rather large rat...

and they say they want to regain public confidence..
..the only people who will believe this are the morons who believed the official version anyway...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I KNOW this was murder

And if there is no secrecy release the Operation Mason file created by Detective Chief Inspector Alan Young created before the Dr was found, which contained the words "into the circumstances surrounding Dr. Kelly's Death." that file was created 1 hr before the Dr set out on his walk, I requested this file through a FOIA and was turned down for many reasons

ON JUNE 30, 2003, MI5 had e-mailed to all police forces in Britain a document headed "secret Service Espionage Alert." It read, "We are aware that Russian intelligence officers travel widely throughout the U.K and that some of the activity undertaken by these officers is intelligence related. The Russian Federation Intelligence Services are assessed as posing a SUBSTANTIAL threat to the U.K Full Vehicles Should not be stopped or followed, nor should there occupants be questioned. Reports should be sent to the Security Service." The alert concluded with a reminder that the vehicles would be bearing the license plate prefix 248D, assigned to all Russian diplomatic vehicles.

AT TWO THIRTY THAT THURSDAY AFTERNOON, Detective Chief Inspector Alan Young sat down in his office in Thames Valley Police Headquarters in Kidlington, Oxfordshire, and began to create a highly restricted file on his secure computer...Across the top of his screen Young typed a code name: Operation Mason. Beneath it he added: Not for Release. Police Operational Information. Below that he added figures 14:30 and 17.07.2003. They indicated that the file had been opened on Thursday, July 2003....In the tangled web beginning to ensnare the scientist was a concern that a middle grade civil servant could do even more damage to the government. On that Thursday morning, the question had been asked over the secure line in Whitehall: What else could Kelly do-would he do? At some point the decision had been taken to launch operation mason. Who gave the order would remain secret, just as would the contents of the file that detective chief inspector Young had opened to comment the police investigation "into the circumstances surrounding Dr. Kelly's Death." Most remarkable was that Young had been asked to start his file an hour before Dr. Kelly had set out on his walk

A week before Dr. Kelly set out on his walk, a Thames Valley Police car had spotted a Land Rover with those numbers heading toward Southmoor. Details were radioed to the force's traffic headquarters, where they were sent over a secure line to Thames House.

From the book, Inside British Intelligence: 100 years of MI5 & MI6 by Gordon Thomas
edit on 22-10-2010 by Pockets because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Well after a read over the toxicology report, it basicaly says that although he took a large amount of paracetamol tablets, they were below the normal level that is associated with death. Plus he'd been sick nearby, so he could have thrown some up too.

The report says that he would have been dead before the tablets had taken effect.

So unless i'm missing something, this report says he did not die of anything "medicinal". It does state that large amounts of paracetamol can bring on heart and respiration problems though.

One thing i noticed, there was traces of acetone in his stomach. The report says that this can occur after long periods without food or if fasting. I've not heard of Dr Kelly being on any such diet or anything, but i haven't read the pathology report yet so maybe it will mention stomach contents there.

By the way....i do believe Chloroform has acetone in it.

It is used for an anesthetic (or some i've read), not sure what other reason he could have it in him?

I'm guessing he didn't need it to take his nail varnish off, so maybe it was from the hankerchief of the person that suicided him? Just a thought.

Off to read the other report.

CX.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I remember reports of the man not being able to cut his own steak

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
How did they get around the fact that the knife that he had supposedly used to kill himself did not have his own fingerprints on it?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
I remember reports of the man not being able to cut his own steak

Just to play devil advocate here people in ill health are often capable of performing feats beyond there strength thou sheer will power . Rudolf Hess managed to hang himself despite not being able to tie his own shoe laces that is unless you believe his son claim that the SAS took him out . I'm no conspiracy theorist by any means but I have to say that cover ups always exist for a good reason....

Cheers xpert11.

CX

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
How did they get around the fact that the knife that he had supposedly used to kill himself did not have his own fingerprints on it?

Hi Soshh, i didn't hear about that.

Was that said in the enquiry?

CX.

CX

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well the pathology report says that his wrist watch was removed from the wrist so he could have easy access to cut the artery.

If a doctor needs to take his watch off to find that crucial artery that runs the entire length of your arm, something is very wrong.

So he cut his left wrist. I'm now looking for any pics of him on the net wearing a wristwatch on his right wrist.

CX.

CX

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Ah, found it...cheers for that.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

CX.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I've just found something in the pathology report which I don't think anybody has noticed before, at least I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. On page 8 of the pdf is a section called"Other signs of Injury/Marks upon the body":- in the subsection "Lower Right Limb " ( that's leg to us non medical types), there are 3 minor lesions "of uncertain origin", all about 0.1cm across . One on his inner right knee, one inner right thigh, and one on his upper left thigh, although why this is listed in this subsection isn't explained.
These are exactly the sort of marks syringe needles would leave. The thighs are favoured sites for the administration of substances where a rapid effect is desired, for instance adrenalin in anaphylactic shock. The pathologist did not investigate the subcutaneous dermal layers for any further signs of needle intrusion, not his trousers for any corresponding punctures which may have been present.The toxicologist tested for common tranquilliser prescription medication and leisure drugs, and nothing else. Somehow he thought the police may be interested to know whether or not he had been incapacitated by somebody holding something soaked in chloroform over his mouth - something that sounds straight out of old spy movies and which it does not seem the police may actually have suspected.
If Dr Kelly was murdered then this could explain the lack of signs of a struggle :- two assailants approach him and while one gets his attention the other quickly bends down and jabs him with a syringe or one-shot phial with needle on it, containing something which drugs him enough to make the next two jabs all the easier. The knee site wouldn't have been optimum but two out of three would have been enough.

I don't think the medical reports are a deliberate whitewash, just that they were not very thorough. Dextropropoxyphene was found in his urine but the toxicologist doesn't say how much - it could be no more than what should be expected from Dr Kelly consuming the prescribed dose. Is chloroform the only method of incapacitation he could think of?
Could this be the missing element of the murder scenario?

new topics

top topics

join