It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier killed in Mexican border town

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The soldier shouldn't have been there in the first place. Bliss, Huachuca and all other military posts along or around the border have given the order that mexico is off limits.

This won't spark any type of outrage from our government because the soldier disobeyed a direct order. Doesn't matter if he was a weekend warrior, they get the same off limits list as active duty soldiers.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
These drug cartels are really starting to piss me off. When is america going to secure OUR OWN boarders. SCREW iraq screw afghanistan TAKE CARE OF US first MR. President do what you said snake!

That is the same reaction I kept seeing right after that jet skier was supposedly shot in Mexico.
So I am curious what exactly you mean. Are you suggesting the president lock down the border to prevent Americans from leaving?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Originally posted by thecinic
These drug cartels are really starting to piss me off. When is america going to secure OUR OWN boarders. SCREW iraq screw afghanistan TAKE CARE OF US first MR. President do what you said snake!

That is the same reaction I kept seeing right after that jet skier was supposedly shot in Mexico.
So I am curious what exactly you mean. Are you suggesting the president lock down the border to prevent Americans from leaving?

I think we should use tactics similar to "Black Jack" Pershing during the Punitive War in Mexico.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What tactics? Pershing's expedition in Mexico was an epic FAIL!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I think we should use tactics similar to "Black Jack" Pershing during the Punitive War in Mexico.

That was in retaliation for something that happened inside the United States and hardly answers my question but I am flattered you are following me around.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

That was in retaliation for something that happened inside the United States and hardly answers my question but I am flattered you are following me around.

Don't be like that. I had posted in this thread already. Like the third post.

But there are incursions into the US. Just not quite as in depth as the 18 killed at a military garrison.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Don't be like that. I had posted in this thread already. Like the third post.

But I did not address my question to you yet you used it as a reason to respond to me with something that did not actually answer my question. Get it?

But there are incursions into the US. Just not quite as in depth as the 18 killed at a military garrison.

Sounds like an interesting topic to discuss but I know how you just absolutely HATE thread derailers so maybe you should edit that to include anything on topic. I specifically asked the poster about what they posted in this thread, about the guy shot in Mexico. Please do stay on topic or just ignore me. I know you have super high standards on that.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioKnecht
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What tactics? Pershing's expedition in Mexico was an epic FAIL!

We didn't hear much more out of Villa after that point. It projected our power and put Mexico on notice that we would defend our border.

Since then we have done the exact opposite.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

OK, well, i provided you an answer. If you do not find it useful please disregard.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Like I said I do not want to go into to much detail but I will tell you that this happened back in the late 80’s early 90’s, It was very common to go down into Mexico. The drinking age at Ft. Bliss was 19 yo but in Mexico there was no age limits ….. That’s why you had kids 18 yo getting into trouble in Mexico. Granted this was never approved “Officially” but it did happen. It was always over looked by both the US and Mexican Gov. and agreed upon to “Look the other way”. I had a lot of good times in Juarez but I really do feel for the the kids that ended up in the jails.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
All of you are saying he shouldnt have been there, well who are yall to judge im pretty sure none of yall know this man and know why he was down there... he could have family there i mean look at his last name! but no lets automatically assume that he is was involved in the maxican gangs and stuff! Another thing yall say is we need to take care of the US first... well duh the drugs are coming from Mexico! Hello we gotta put a stop to that so we can better the US! Not trying to be rude but hell! Yall also have to remember that this man put himself in danger to protect YOUR freedom! We should have some respect.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesslynn87
All of you are saying he shouldnt have been there, well who are yall to judge im pretty sure none of yall know this man and know why he was down there... he could have family there i mean look at his last name! but no lets automatically assume that he is was involved in the maxican gangs and stuff! Another thing yall say is we need to take care of the US first... well duh the drugs are coming from Mexico! Hello we gotta put a stop to that so we can better the US! Not trying to be rude but hell! Yall also have to remember that this man put himself in danger to protect YOUR freedom! We should have some respect.

He put his life in danger to protect my freedom?

I don't remember seeing about any one marching on DC. When did this happen?

That is the only place on Earth right now where our freedom is under attack.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join