It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier killed in Mexican border town

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

US Soldier killed in Mexican border town

news.xinhuanet.com

A U.S. National Guard soldier was killed in Ciudad Juarez, a Mexican town bordering the United States.

The soldier, Jose Gil Hernandez, was attacked and killed on Wednesday by a group of gunmen when he was talking to someone on the street in the neighborhood of Revolucion Mexicana.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.myfoxaustin.com
edit on 22-10-2010 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Apparently this just happened, but the U.S. embassy in Mexico is already fuming over this murder.

The fall out from this situation could be HUGE. If there is a lesson to be learned from the recent past, is that you don't mess with the US army and go unpunished.

However, the article does say that Private Hernández was not wearing his uniform at the moment of the crime.

Whether there was a reason for his killing (i.e. being involved in some sort of dirty business with the cartels) is up to anyone's guess at the moment.

Juarez is a killing field right now.

What do you guys think?

P.S. please, no bigoted comments.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think that "regime change" in Mexico is long overdue and that the US should concentrate on its own backyard than other sand infested backyards on the other side of the world.

Invade Mexico, rid the place of drugs, install a puppet dictator like they are so good at doing to keep the place clean, lock up the souhtern border with mexico properly....hell, build a wall like Israel has done to keep theillegals out, then fix your own country!

sounds like a plan!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Regime change in Mexico? Are you joking? The CIA and Diebold spent money for that election!

The first regime change must be done in Washington.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

"Could" be, but :-( fat chance with this administration. I think the whole thing sucks 'chorizos' MAS grandes!
Maybe when the killing starts in Austin & Tucson & Santa Fe...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Oh, there's always dirty business and if you're tempted for your slice of the pie, you better be prepared for death because there'll be a guy who will kill you to have what you want to have- in this case, money.

Random shootings are rare, a large majority of these type of shootings, are targeted.

It's not like a guy in uniform getting gunned down in America by a crime gang for laughs, it's a guy out of uniform who may or may not be involved in shady business.
edit on 21-10-2010 by star in a jar because: out of uniform

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Invade Mexico, rid the place of drugs, install a puppet dictator like they are so good at doing to keep the place clean, lock up the souhtern border with mexico properly....hell, build a wall like Israel has done to keep theillegals out, then fix your own country!

Well there already IS a wall separating most of both countries. Actually, that's where the israelis got the idea from.

I'd like to know, anyway, what difference does it make to you, being from Australia and all?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes please part time soldier, in civvies, hanging out in gangland gets stray bullet.
Not quite what i first thought.....
I wonder of this www.myfoxaustin.com... had anything to do with ratcheted up tensions at the time?
Serious place to stay away from right now......

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

When Pancho Villa was trying to sieze control of Mexico with a series of highly publicized raids, he ended up killing several Americans, including 15 or so miners at a mine that the Mexican government was trying to get reopened. This was shrugged off and seen as nearly unimportant. Wilson continued his waiting game, seeing of the Mexican president would get control of the situation.

Then Villa screwed up. He raided a town in New Mexico, attacking a garrison and killing 18 soldiers (costing himself something like 60 or 70 of his own in the process). The public outcry pushed Wilson into action and he sent Gen. Pershing down to find Pancho Villa (then Lt. Patton, future General, was in the artillery unit assigned to the task).

Pershing chased Villa all over Chihuahua, never quite catching him. In 1917, when WWI called us into action, Pershing was called back to tend to other priorites. Villa was quelled, and ended up dead from an ambush a few years later.

The point of this story is that not much will happen, outside of trying to throw money into the bottomless pit in Mexico City, hoping to fund something or other. Not until a US city is raided and people are killed.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I was stationed in El Paso TX for a time and had the unfortunate duty of getting American Soldiers from Juarez Jails back to the US. I will not go into details but it was not a pretty sight having to clean blood off the seats of the CQ van after every weekend. We need to get this situation under control quickly. We CAN NOT allow these criminals to to run free and kill American Citizens over there drug war.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

If anything, he'll find a way to lay blame on this soldier for his own death.

Besides, Obama isn't weak. "Weak" is a measurement of strength as is a "weak" signal or "weak" coffee. Obama lacks any form of strength. He does have strong jaws.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BigDuke6

Wow. That's really interesting. What did they do to be put in a Mexican jail? That must have been the most unpleasant time of their lives!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Most times it was either having “Relations” with under age girls, Drugs, or Drunk and disorderly. On occasions it would be not paying the “Police” what they thought they deserved. Most time’s they were just drunk. Either way it was not fun picking them up…
edit on 10/06/2010 by BigDuke6 because: And no it was not pleasant for them, most of them medical discharged after there Mexico "Tour"......However some stayed in, and may be fighting today....Who Knows

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadioKnecht

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Well there already IS a wall separating most of both countries. Actually, that's where the israelis got the idea from.

I'd like to know, anyway, what difference does it make to you, being from Australia and all?

Im a concerned citizen......

cant I care for whats happening across the pond aswell? I see how illegal immigrationa nd the drug wars are screwing with US society....and all the recent reports of mexican drug cartels crossing the border and shoot outs and the like.....bout time Obama grew some gonads and cleaned the mess up.

it seems likeno one is prepared to take the action that is necessary to get things done...like they always throw it in the too hard basket.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BigDuke6

This sounds like an interesting story.. I would like to know more about this. Any particular times standout? Details on how it worked etc.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadioKnecht
The fall out from this situation could be HUGE. If there is a lesson to be learned from the recent past, is that you don't mess with the US army and go unpunished.

What can they do? Attach SOF to Mexican police? POOs? If you believe that they aren't already there.

Any overt action would create an escalating war with the Mexican drugs gangs (not really cartels in a true sense). If you thought that the Taliban were a hairy insurgency and that the Afghan war has possible terrible consequences, then you had better stay well away from Mexico.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The soldier was not on active duty at the time, and was urged by his command with the Texas National Guard to remain clear of Mexico.

The Guard prohibits soldiers on active duty from going into Mexico, and urges those who are not to forgo crossing the border unless absolutely necessary, Chief Master Sgt. Gonda Moncada said. It was not clear why Hernandez, who lived in El Paso, had gone into Juarez.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

So, he was warned about the inherent risk of traveling across the border during Mexico's long and bloody drug war, but chose to go anyway. In fact all military commands issue similar warnings and restrictions to soldiers, sailors, marines, and airman who serve near the Mexican border. So, either he was a thrill seeker, had a death wish, or may have been participating in some nefarious work moonlighting for the cartels? He was killed along with another man as well. If anything, these two knuckleheads should get the Darwin Award for their exploits in the land of sombreros, tequila, and mayhem. Moreover other service members have been killed as a result of Mexico's drug war.

Hernandez is at least the third American serviceman killed in Juarez since the drug war began. Last year, an off-duty U.S. airman from New Mexico was killed along with five other people when gunmen shot up a bar.

In 2008, a U.S. Marine Corps reservist was shot and thrown off a cliff in the city.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I am not trying to sound unsympathetic to the death of this soldier, but we have to come to the realization that he was warned repeatedly to stay away from Mexico, yet he went down their anyway. I feel bad for his parents and family. Mexico is a dangerous place, and if people don't want to get kidnapped or killed, it is probably a good move to stay away until this war simmers down.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
More news have trickled down on this case. Apparently, he was shot along a cousin of his. They had a used car business going on there.

Perhaps they refused to pay the "rent"?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
These drug cartels are really starting to piss me off. When is america going to secure OUR OWN boarders. SCREW iraq screw afghanistan TAKE CARE OF US first MR. President do what you said snake!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join