It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Exterminator' armored truck will watch Illinois neighborhoods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

'Exterminator' armored truck will watch Illinois neighborhoods

deadlinelive.info

On Tuesday, his deputies lifted a plastic tarp to unveil his newest idea: an armored truck to park in problem neighborhoods as a vandal-proof platform to transmit live pictures.

“I thought about a lot of names … I thought ‘The Cockroach’ would’ve probably been appropriate, but we settled on ‘The Exterminator,’” Justus told reporters.

The donated and rebuilt armored truck, once used to carry cash, is fitted with cameras, digital recorders and gear to stream live video. Deputies will park it in front of the “dwellings of troublemakers” — for days at a time, if necessa
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
deadlinelive.info
www.theexterminator.us

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This makes me sick. They want to park this unmanned surveillance truck in front of "troublemakers" houses? To deter crime, no reason? Is it supposed to be a threat? What is the criteria for the use of it? Pretty bold invasion of privacy IMO. When are people going to wake up and see what is happening to their rights?! Everyday we see in one way or another a new invasion of our personal lives. And nobody cares, because the sheeple are blind.
I often think I would like to live in a time before electronics. When people had to think for themselves.

deadlinelive.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
We have those in our neighborhood. They call them the "armadillo". Honestly, it's not a bad idea. Especially where I live. The crime rate around here has gone down drastically in the past few years. They mostly concentrate on the drug houses. It's really not as sinister as it sounds. When you have different gangs patrolling the streets where there's little children everywhere, you wouldn't mind either.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCar

The very funny thing about all this is that it's in Illinois. It's just a test bed for what's coming to the rest of the nation.

When I said funny, I meant it's peculiar that's it happens to be the same state Obama hails from.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am from Southern Illinois, I live 40 min away from Belleville, and I know that the county they are going to be using them in has alot of drug problems. St. Claire County and Madison County have been increasing in crime in the last years. I however believe that this will not deter any drug or gang activity. If they see this thing out in front of where they are, they are not going to continue illegal activity in that spot any longer. They will pick up and go somewhere else. In some large cities like Chicago they have put cameras on some street corners but that still does not deter gang activity, they just find a way around it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by casijones
We have those in our neighborhood. They call them the "armadillo". Honestly, it's not a bad idea. Especially where I live. The crime rate around here has gone down drastically in the past few years. They mostly concentrate on the drug houses. It's really not as sinister as it sounds. When you have different gangs patrolling the streets where there's little children everywhere, you wouldn't mind either.

And when things get so bad...people will beg for the NWO. This is exactly how its sold to the masses. People can't behave. People will not take responsibility for their actions. People will not live by moral rules. So they have to be monitored in order to maintain some sort of civil society for the rest of the people who are trying to do right.

As you say, "it's not a bad idea." The problem is that it should even have to be necessary. What is wrong with the human condition?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I have said this on other forums before. If you have a drug house in your neighborhood then simply eliminate the drug house. Kinda hard to deal drugs out of a house that isn't there anymore. Same thing goes for gang houses. Time for people to stand up and take their own neighborhoods back, you can't wait on someone else to do it because it will never happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'm assuming the truck, when parked for extended periods, will not me manned. In that case, what's to prevent someone from dumping gasoline on it and setting it on fire?

That could be done in 60 seconds and the cops would be out a vehicle. If these neighborhoods have serious "criminals", what's to stop them from doing this?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by casijones

And when things get so bad...people will beg for the NWO. This is exactly how its sold to the masses. People can't behave. People will not take responsibility for their actions. People will not live by moral rules. So they have to be monitored in order to maintain some sort of civil society for the rest of the people who are trying to do right.

As you say, "it's not a bad idea." The problem is that it should even have to be necessary. What is wrong with the human condition?

I see where you're coming from, and I can agree. I'm probably the last person that would endorse the idea (which i'm not trying to), but I see results that I can't really argue with.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

thus assuming that the truck is made out of a flammable and non-fire resistant shell, which i bet it isnt. Fire damages, meh, just repaint the outside and get new tires.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

A $1 can of spray paint from Walmart will stop the cameras from seeing anything, and it will last a long time.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
There you go! Just spray the cameras over with black paint, and that stupid truck just becomes an eye sore. Call it in as an abandoned vehicle.

edit on 22-10-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well i am from Canada but i live in England....England is one of the most watch societies by CCtv...and frankly i dont see that the crime rate here is really goone down...there seems to still be no go areas for the police...it literally takes hours for police to show up for any minor crime...even such as break ins.
survielance is not the answer to controlling society...and it never will be...oppurtunity for people to get out of poverty helps prevents crimes...giving people the dignity to live a reasonably good life will help curb crime....the societies that are the happiest societies seems to be the ones that take care of their citizens and not villify them.
Sweden,Norway,Holland....so America welcome to the world of lockdown.
what goverments seem to forget...they WORK for US...the people....we do not work for them....now the way to stop the madness is to cut them off....All citizens need to be strong and just stop paying taxes for a period of time...and see where that leaves them standing....tax revolts ....hit em where it hurts...the same place it hurts the average joe.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

A $1 can of spray paint from Walmart will stop the cameras from seeing anything, and it will last a long time.

And as you are walking up with the can of paint smile your on police camera and it will be played at your trial.

You will then be off the street for a year for vandalism and the truck will have worked.

Don't laugh some smarta** will do just that.
edit on 22-10-2010 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Chances are the person would not be charged or even caught.

Especially if they took precautions such as hiding their face.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

They have anti-graffiti coatings they can put on things and if they do not have that on it they could just use a graffiti removing substance. I use to use an graffiti removing spray when I worked for a park district where I live. We obviously used it when properties would be vandalized or when we needed to clean off the paint sprayer we used to line soccer and baseball fields. The spray starts eating the paint away in no time.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Some of these replies are ridiculous.

An anti-graffiti coating still requires the paint to be cleaned off, it just comes off easier.
If not, some duct tape and cardboard will do just fine.

Duct tape won't adhere?
How bout a few weights, some string and cardboard?
A sheet?
A tarp?

Oh yeah, by the way.
A year for vandalizing?

Right, those two ten year olds that some dealer just handed $50's to are going to get a year in juvie?

This won't work, and some of you are really wishful in your thinking.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
A smart criminal would put some bombs or something on the underside and wait until it "goes home" before pressing the big red button.

new topics

top topics

join