It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there a media blackout regarding orbital changes of earth/moon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Hi...not sure which story on Zorgon you mean. Was there something sent to the moon this year that didn't crash?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Chang'E 2 was sent to the moon just a couple of weeks ago without crashing.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It'd be nigh on impossible to hide this if it was really happening - even if there was some kind of enforced silence among professional astronomers (which is ridiculous - I know several and there's just no way), amateur astronomers look at the sky every day and you can't silence them.

Everything is exactly where it should be, so far as I can figure out. Where's the proof there's something wrong?

This reminds of the 9/11 'no planers' who completely ignore all the amateur footage of planes. Amateurs, en masse, can't be silenced, edited or controlled.

Beforeitsnews isn't a credible source imo, it's effectively a tweaked version of ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
No, the Moon and Earth's orbit aren't changing in any noticable way. Where I am, in Houston (about 30 degrees north of the equator), the Moon can rise with an azimuth as north as 60 degrees and as south as 120 degrees. The further north you go, the more exaggerated the difference will be. In Anchorage, it can be as north as 26 degrees and as south as 155 degrees.

And at certain times of the year, this change can happen over just a couple weeks. This is because the Moon's orbit is inclined with respect to the ecliptic (the path made by the Sun through the sky) by 5 degrees. If the new moon rises when the moon is at the highest position above the ecliptic, then 2 weeks later the now-full moon will be at its lowest position below the ecliptic. That makes for an apparent dramatic shift in the location of the rising moon compared to the sun (which always rises on the ecliptic).

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

News from China is on my list of the most unreliable sources available. But maybe that's just me.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

News from China is on my list of the most unreliable sources available. But maybe that's just me.

Fine, then take it from me, an American, the moon is exactly where it should be.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Philosophically speaking, I agree.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Philosophically speaking, I agree.

Could you elaborate? Do you believe the moon is following a new path in the sky scientifically speaking?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Last night at about 7:30pm(GMT) the moon was absolutely enormous!!!

I hope it's the same size tonight, I will snap a pic and post it.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Here's my video observation showing multiple GOTOs to the moon and multiple GOTOs to the sun this morning:
www.ustream.tv...
I also took a picture of the hand controller next to the broadcast screen during the broadcast showing that indeed the telescope was pointed at the coordinates for the sun:
i319.photobucket.com...
In summary, the moon and sun are right where they should be in the sky.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

My mobile GPS was working just fine. It worked all over the country - except for the places where there is no civilian GPS available. One day I was driving and it started to indicate to me that I was driving on a street several streets south of where I was. This went on for some months. I was able to compensate in my head, knowing ahead of time that it would always be a mile or two off. I really wouldn't have noticed except that I had been in this city long enough to start becoming familiar with the street names. Finally, after a number of erratic swings to and from correct and incorrect locations, it died.

Where are your co-ordinates coming from? Are you manually punching them in or is it a satellite feed and, if so, which?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Where are your co-ordinates coming from? Are you manually punching them in or is it a satellite feed and, if so, which?

The coordinates for the sun are manually punched in. The telescope knows where the sun is and will actively avoid it unless manual commands are entered to override it for liability reasons. The scope predicts the sun's location using onboard software that's about a decade and a half old, no satellites are involved as this is a pre-gps model and the software itself is permanently encoded on rom chips. For the moon the telescope will allow you to automatically GOTO it without having to manually enter the coordinates as the moon is safe to view without the need for filters. Solar viewing with a telescope is exceedingly dangerous, don't do it unless you have lots of experience in amateur astronomy and really, really know what you're doing.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

The coordinates for the sun are manually punched in. The telescope knows where the sun is and will actively avoid it unless manual commands are entered to override it for liability reasons. The scope predicts the sun's location using onboard software that's about a decade and a half old, no satellites are involved as this is a pre-gps model and the software itself is permanently encoded on rom chips. For the moon the telescope will allow you to automatically GOTO it without having to manually enter the coordinates as the moon is safe to view without the need for filters. Solar viewing with a telescope is exceedingly dangerous, don't do it unless you have lots of experience in amateur astronomy and really, really know what you're doing.

Thankyou for this information. Is the moon viewing telescope also strictly rom or is there some ram access or plug-in?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

It's all done with the same telescope, just with or without a solar filter to make it safe to view the sun.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think I have the answer to this. The Earth and moon are just where they have always been in this timeline. Has anyone thought that maybe this thread is just part of other timeline threads here on ATS and the two go hand in hand. Is it just possible the people that are "seeing" changes are from a timeline where the Earth and moon orbits are not the same as this one? As crazy as it sounds it does make the most sense.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join