It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there a media blackout regarding orbital changes of earth/moon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

the weather may not have changed for you where you live...but that doesn't exempt out the rest of the world...just google search climate change or anything related to odd weather for the last 4 years or so and you come up with many hits in many different places in the world where this crazy weather was previously uncommon...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

if the sun and moon changed orbit, there would be a lot of changes on earth, tidal patterns would change, birds and bees and other animals navigation would be buggered, weather patterns would change, tsunamis and flooding, earthquakes and volcano eruptions would happen, there would be gravity shifts etc

Wee Mad

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

That's the point I'm trying to make. There simple isn't enough "odd' changes going on right now.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Dunno about the media blackout, but orbital changes could definitely be a major cause of climate change, either colder or hotter.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
reply to post by Blaine91555

of course i have no evidence...I merely posted in my OP asking for anybody who might have evidence of this...

My bad.

The source was an anonymous person on another board and that is the sum total of their evidence. At that point it becomes and exercise in insanity to not just write the story and the source off entirely.

If it is true, how many thousands of if not tens of thousands of people with no ties to any government would have to be hiding a fact they would undoubtedly know about.

You are honestly asking people to prove this untrue based on the article and it's stated source? If it's just about normal Earth Wobble as it seems to be, there is nothing to prove or disprove other than normalcy.

The Author of the thread this so called news story is plucked from is so out there, he thinks there are Disinfo Agents after him over his post. When I see that, why go any further? Paranoid Delusional,s make lousy sources and any publication that would use them for a source is a waste of time. Why would anyone be out to get them over information any astronomer could confirm or deny?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weemadmental

if the sun and moon changed orbit, there would be a lot of changes on earth, tidal patterns would change, birds and bees and other animals navigation would be buggered, weather patterns would change, tsunamis and flooding, earthquakes and volcano eruptions would happen, there would be gravity shifts etc

Wee Mad

Well, it seems everything you just mentioned is changing. I remember just a few years ago bee's vanished all over the world. we have had tsunamis, floods earthquakes and volcano eruptions. So ......? Do you see a pattern here?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Here is one more odd change to add to the pile.
On my way to work I have to stop at an intersection. There is a silver metal box that houses the controls for the traffic lights. Every year at this time the sun is just right to blind me reflecting off the box. This year that has not happened yet and it should have weeks ago. Does that mean anything? I do not know but it is odd. I will have to try and keep track of things to see if I can find some pattern. Maybe we all should do that.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I don't think that the newly re-surfaced Chandler Wobble accounts for a sometimes daily (or nightly) measurable difference in rise and set positions in relationship to the horizon. Good try though. Also the article dated July makes reference to an article published in August. The weakness is always in the flesh.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just curious...if nothing has changed why isn't NASA or anyone else sending anything to the moon lately? (Crash landings don't count.) (NASA busy with Muslim outreach doesn't count either.) (Self-propelled and course correctible drop-offs don't count either.) Where have all the absolutes gone?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Yes it is moving away from us, but not because of a changing orbit.

Well...if that still a study we can rely on of course

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

What do you think about the not so secret TOP SECRET unmanned space shuttle they launched this year ?

Visit Zorgon his profile to read more He's on top of the wats list

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I don't think anyone is saying the sun and moon have changed orbit/position, but rather the Earth's axis has shifted somewhat.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

I thought I noticed this same phenom...but that was in 1999...

I built a stick with a lens on the end and placed it in concrete.."I always wanted a sun dial"
33' in diameter....very acurate..if your "in tune" with the seasons...and thats were the next bit of info started..putting things out as markers...
I am beginning to learn just how addictive this is, and can easily see why "Stonehenge" was so elaborate...if it was someone doing the same thing I am..."lots of fun"
As of this moment..I have "over the years" added to this "pole" and have began using large rocks, and unmoveable objects to place at various locations on my 5 acres.."well thats as much as I mow" I have much more land tha 5 acres...but anyways...
And for those interedted my optic piece is a security peep to look through doors...gives a nice...almost laser perfect dot of light...@ distance, it gets a bit large..past 250 yards it is basketball sized..

I have the solstices and equinoxs marked and to this day...it has not faultered any!
This last eqinox, we just had...my lil optic pole made the same, dime sized, prizm some 200 yards away light up briefly...although by my jounal..it was 45 or so seconds different from last year....per my atomic clock.
but a few years back we had a record ammount of rain fall, and some of the ground/dirt hill I live on settled, and I was nervous back in 2009 I believe is was Feb...I'm in SW MO.
but my other markers "at distance" showed me that only a portion of my yard had settled...a bit..

Hope I helped..
edit on 24-10-2010 by Doc Holiday because: clarify info..on sundial..

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Very interesting theory!
I am planning on keeping an eye on the Sun from now on!
Unfortunately,living in Scotland,it will probably be another 6 months before i see it again!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rdquelle

I've had similar experiences in my yard. But apparently it's taboo to discuss it or your sanity and intellect is questioned. Even if the media were to talk about it, they would probably just try to dumb it down or make us feel like we should trust the "experts". So whatever - I know what I see with my own eyes. What's causing it? I don't know.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
All joking aside,i can remember an instance,maybe last winter,when my work colleagues and i were looking up at the full Moon,and all of us deciding that it didnt look like it was facing the right way!
The classical"Man on the Moon" face was unrecognisable,like it had been tilted out of its usual position!
Perhaps there is a scientific explanation for what we saw,but it was highly unusual!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

Bees vanishing all around the world, see here Bees

The volcano over europe was due and was known about, there are disputes about climatic change, i dont accept that the change in things are man made, there are a lot of unknowns in regarding to these changes, natural disasters happen all of the time,

Wee Mad

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
A measurable difference in the rise times and locations of the Sun, Moon and stars would be easy to detect given simple tools, i.e. a stick, plumb bob and some rocks. However we do have other tools such as sextants, compasses and telescopes with GPS and celestial tracker programs that make all of this much easier and more accurate. This is a very interesting topic yet the first thing we should do is understand the already measured motions of the Earth as these aren't as simple as one might think.

The difference between a tropical year (used as our current measured calendar year at 364.24219 days) and a sidereal year (365.25636 days) is a measured precession of the equinoxes. In other words each year Earth arrives at spring equinox 20 minutes 24 seconds earlier than a sidereal year, this is what we call precession of the equinoxes.

To elaborate on this understanding a tropical year is the number of Earth rotations (days) between spring equinoxes. A very simple but accurate measurement can be done using the Sun's shadow on the Earth's equator to determine the exact time of spring equinox. All that is needed is a plumb bob and a stick. At the equator the stick will not cast a shadow at noon on equinox as the Sun will be directly over head.

A Sidereal year is the measured position of Earth between the Sun and a distant star. This is considered a true length of year. Our current calendar uses a tropical year so that the seasons will not be displaced over time. Every year we measure a precession of @20 minutes 24 seconds. This means every tropical year Earth arrives earlier than a sidereal year by over 20 minutes and this accumulation takes 26,000 years to come back full circle.

Precession of the equinoxes is the measured distance between a tropical year and a sidereal year.

Our Moon's orbit is tilted by @6.58° to Earth's orbital plane around the Sun. The Moon crosses this orbital plane twice through its orbit around the Earth (taking 27.3 days) at node points and these node points precess taking a little over 18 1/2 years to make a full circle. It is from these cycles that Solar and Lunar eclipses can be predicted. Eclipses happen only during node crossings.

Now if we add in the Earth's axial tilt we can get the observed change in rise and set times of the Sun, Moon and stars. An understanding of this is important when dealing with topics like these yet it does not address the original question. What the OP seems to be describing is a change in the Earth's axial tilt from its current measurement of 23.4°. However to confuse the issue even further this tilt also changes over time. See Long Period Variations from Wiki. It is quite likely that this is the change the Inuit elders observed over the years.

I think that this is a good start as the true measured orbital and rotational motions of the Earth and Moon are far more complicated than what I've shown here.

ADD: If people can notice changes in the rise and set times and locations of the Sun and Moon comparing to memory only I think that it should be easy to show proof of this using more precise methods.
edit on 10/24/2010 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Yes the sun will go red giant before any of this happens and hopefully we have colonized other planets by then.

But, when the sun goes red giant it will loose enough mass that our orbit will move farther away and the Earth will survive the event. By survive, I mean not be eaten by.

A lot of people do the calculations as the Earth staying in the same orbit and talk about it destroying us, without taking the loss of mass by the sun into account. I am sure Earth with have some huge shift from the much more powerful rays of the sun, but good to know at least it will still exist.

Interesting stuff indeed.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

I don't think anyone is saying the sun and moon have changed orbit/position, but rather the Earth's axis has shifted somewhat.

My telescope's polar alignment depends on earth's axis remaining right where it should be in relation to the stars. If earth's axis had shifted I and a ton of other amateur astronomers with similar equipment would have noticed. Suffice it to say, that hasn't happened. Additionally, my scope's computer, running on approximately a decade and a half old software permanently encoded into its memory, still finds the moon and sun to be right where they should be in the sky. If these things were changing there would be no hiding it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join