It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there a media blackout regarding orbital changes of earth/moon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
the earths tilt is changing all the time its called Precession

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In these days of the internet how would it be possible that all the scientists in the world who would notice this have not found somewhere to post their findings? Surely they could post on a science forum with all their maths and do so anonymously?

Orbital changes maybe but media blackout? It doesn't make sense in today's world.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Yeah, but over the course of two days as I experienced. Like I said it could've just been some weird confluenceof errors but it was odd

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

wiki.answers.com...

You are right!! But you have to realize that this is just recently (in the Earths age) that this started to happen. It will eventually crash into the Earth if our equations and thoughts on tidal forces are correct.

This will not happen anytime soon though, so don't worry.

Also as it moves away with the tidal force slingshot effect, it comes closer in turn, and the only reason that happens is because we have 2 massive oceans on either side of the planet.

Thanks for the link it was a good read.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Thanks for clearing that up I hope I understand better now.

The sun moves in an up and down pattern through the galaxy, so as far as astronomers are concerned they are not sure of the true consequences of that.

I read a cool book about this called "death from the skies" and it goes through what exactly would happen. We could enter a cloud of space dust that would change the light coming from the sun which would change life on Earth. He goes through a bunch of possibilities, and admits that astronomers really have no idea how it could impact us, from all the changes it causes.

It's funny because the point where we reach the middle and then start ascending is 2012.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

well i guess we might be in for a pretty bumpy ride come 2012...lets just hope its not too bumpy that it throws us out of our seats completely lol

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

in regards to precession, i understand what it is and have heard of it before...but it doesn't completely explain the seemingly sudden changes that many people seem to be commenting on or explaining...the link you provided for precession says that change is barely noticeable at about one degree of change per 50 years...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by abecedarian

wiki.answers.com...

You are right!! But you have to realize that this is just recently (in the Earths age) that this started to happen. It will eventually crash into the Earth if our equations and thoughts on tidal forces are correct.

This will not happen anytime soon though, so don't worry.

Also as it moves away with the tidal force slingshot effect, it comes closer in turn, and the only reason that happens is because we have 2 massive oceans on either side of the planet.

Thanks for the link it was a good read.

Pred...

Nice to see someone actually read a link.

Most calculate the Sun will likely go red giant before the moon comes back to us.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I posted this on the other thread so I'll post my opinion here -

One bad news source that draws on other bad news sources is a lousy place to get facts. Not a single link to any facts, only anecdotal stuff.

Do you have any evidence that this is factual. I can't find any and if this were true, every Astronomer and amateur Astronomer would be all over it. The programs that find things for them when aiming their telescopes would have all failed and no way would they not notice. So are all these people keeping a huge dark secret or is that just a bad news story from a bad news source? I think the later.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
you do know that when the earth rotates around the sun it also wabbles in this rotation so the moon and sun will shift in the sky

Chandler Wobble
Nasa JPL

Wee Mad
edit on 23/10/2010 by weemadmental because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is not true. First off, no evidence at all. Second, people everywhere would notice something this big. There are a lot of amatuer astronomers out there that would see this in a heartbeat. And third, if this was even possible, it would be affecting climate, everywhere, on a massive scale. We would see places go from tropical to snowy, and rainy to sunny. The equator itself would move.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

of course i have no evidence...I merely posted in my OP asking for anybody who might have evidence of this...and I never said they were facts by the way, it's all just speculation at this point...but don't you think that if any of these amateur astronomers were to report any changes they noticed and were just told "nope, nothings goin' on" by the experts. Realize if you read the OP that I am questioning whether there is a media blackout on this, because if there is, then how will anybody ever know that climate is changing because of this if it's suppressed?

If you or anybody who is reading this and has one of these astronomy programs, then please do use it and prove that it's all just another conspiracy

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
hi guys very interesting thread, i dont know that much about this but could something to do with the increas in sun solar flares have something to do with this, if i remember write i read it could have something to do wiyh the tilt of the earth or something like that,

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

well we have been having record high temperatures in many parts of the states and parts of brazil and bolivia have had record lows as cold as antarctica.

Perhaps it's a start of something bigger to come?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
you do know that when the earth rotates around the sun it also wobbles in this rotation so the moon and sun will shift in the sky

Check out here Nasa JPL Press release this has been known about for a long time, and is factored into any charts set out, please do some research before coming up with fanciful ideas about us or the moon spinning away into space !!

Wee Mad

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
you do know that when the earth rotates around the sun it also wobbles in this rotation so the moon and sun will shift in the sky

Check out here Nasa JPL Press release this has been known about for a long time, and is factored into any charts set out, please do some research before coming up with fanciful ideas about us or the moon spinning away into space !!

Wee Mad

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If we can see a noticable change in the sun/moons patterns, a few record breaking high/low temperatures simply aren't enough, we're talking about permanent change, not just a week of odd weather. And this would happen, not in just a few places, this would happen all over the globe. I live in vancouver canada, and I have nothing weird to report about the weather here. It's been the same as it always has been. So what you're saying about the sun/moon is impossible.
edit on 23-10-2010 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2010 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
the earths tilt is changing all the time its called Precession

26,000 years? Why does that same 26,000 year phrase keep showing up over and over again?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

They would have to post proof that only a hand full of people know so they would get busted. Who knows some may have and were not believed. Or maybe they were told" We are watching you. You tell any one or post any thing we will kill you"

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

The same 26,000 year phase keeps showing up again and again because, it is called the precession of the equinoxes. This is how long it takes the earth to travel through the signs of the zodiac. Now to add a little bit more conspiracy to this subject, if you believe in the zodiac, then you believe that we are about to enter the age of aquarius, which is the end of the current precession before it starts going the other way. All of which is due to occur, in conjunction with the supposed end, of the mayan calendar, dec 21 2012.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join