It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past life hypnosis. (I want to debunk it. Help?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Sometimes past lives are described by kids, you don't need hypnosis, I don't think hypnosis unless self experienced, can help you remember your past life.

So if random kids talk about their past lives, with detail, what does that mean?

A book has been written in regards, and through investigative technique all the kids talking about their past lives have been recorded, and now is used as evidence to prove the existance of such phenomena.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hehehe...I want to point that you can't debunk "reincarnation" because you are a Christian. You may as well debunking God and the Holy Spirits and the Souls. These concepts are to explain and describe the spiritual realm. If you deny the existence of one, you have to deny the existence of them all.
Why it has to exist? Look at yourself and people who have lived hundreds of years ago? What do you and they have in common? You all have to go through the same biological development process. On the social level, you all have to experience childhood, adulthood, marriage, old age, and death. You can't say you are special in some way.

Debunking past life memories? It is easy. As others have mentioned, why do you always see yourself as some famous person in the past? How come you didn't have memories of your past life of another race? If you have memories of your past life as in another race and culture with another language, how come you can't remember how to speak the same language? Language memories? Won't it be convenient to travel to another culture and to speak their language if you can remember your past life?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
quick! my beliefs and reality are shattering! i might change! i need someone to affirm my cognitive dissonance!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It sounds to me that you are desperately seeking to identify yourself as a 'debunker' because you think that will gain points with the popular guys here on ATS?

'Debunking' something is a lot less of a thing to be remembered for than actually coming up with new theories and new ideas. I'd suggest you try harder to be original before you try slamming on someone else's work.

If you need help to debunk, you are not ready to debunk. Simple as that really.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

I said I wanted to debunk PLH...not Past lives themselves. Though I do not belief they exist...they very well could.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Sorry the title really should be "Debunkers wanted."

I wasn't trying to get koolkid points. I was just wondering if there was any evidence proving the PLH to be fake in any cases. Sorry if it came off that way my dude.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
quick! my beliefs and reality are shattering! i might change! i need someone to affirm my cognitive dissonance!

Okay I'm done. I was just curious about if there was any evidence stating that it could be fake.

It wasn't about my beliefs falling apart. Trust me...that won't happen easy.

It is called being curious. As stated time and time again. I love the people on this site that make good points but if all you are gonna say is something rude like that...well I would be happier if you didn't post at all.

Not that I can stop you...or that I would if I could. Anyway this discussion is over for me. My question was answered.

You guys can continue to argue if you want though.

edit on 10/22/2010 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
Okay I'm done. I was just curious about if there was any evidence stating that it could be fake.

Probably the biggest piece of evidence to suggest that it could all be fake is the complete lack of good evidence that it could be true. Basically, all you have is a bunch of stories. Where is the scientific research? Where is the control?

You get some little kid saying he was Joe Jones in a former life, and everybody gets excited and they test him by asking him something about Joe Jones. Some things he gets wrong, but if he says, "When I was Joe Jones I liked cherry pie," then everybody suddenly remembers how Old Joe loved cherry pie. That's the kind of evidence you get.

It's never that Joe Jones buried in some other state a trash can full of gold coins locked with a secret combination lock, then died, then a little kid shows up claiming to be Joe Jones and he goes straight to the trash can in the other state, digs it up, unlocks the combination, and gets the gold. Why couldn't that happen? Yet it never does. It's always excuses.

Yeah, just ask for some good, positive proof. Not a lot of half-baked stories. Not a lot of claiming evidence after the fact. That ought to do it for any debunking purposes.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Blue Shift because: grammar

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

really, you were being the opposite of curious.

and like blue shift said, there is NO evidence of plh, or past life anything, to be any sort of true. i don't even believe in it, i was just offended that you demanded someone to tell you anything bad about something to keep you in your comfort zone. it's a childish mentality, and i say that not to insult, but because the first time something bad happens to a kid, they hold on to that negativity forever, disassociating with whatever the subject is completely. also it's pretty weird to me, and always will be, that any christians come to ATS.

the only "evidence" for plh is how you really feel about it afterwards.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Well I don't know how demanding I actually was...but I didn't mean to be.

I went about asking wrong. In the future I will try to be less demanding.

I stand by the fact that I wasn't crying about my beliefs. I wasn't even going to mention it other then the fact that I said "I don't believe in PLH" and that I agreed with the first response.

I try to keep an open mind to a lot of things as well as being tolerant.

Edit: Yeah I don't see me demanding anything in this thread. I just reviewed all my posts. So you tell me...when did I demand anything?
edit on 10/22/2010 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
Who knows if reincarnation is true or not? I don't. BUT... my problem is that these past life regressions always turn up that you were Cleopatra or Julius Caesar (or at least Marc Antony) or some moderately famous person. No one was ever the chimney sweep or the shoplifting meth head. Why is that?

Sorry, but I've been a Past-life Regression Therapist for over 16yrs ... prior to becoming a practitioner I experienced 4 episodes of personal and 'spontaneous' PLM's ... after studying Applied Psychology to help me understand the workings of the human mind, I developed my own non-hypnotic therapy technique to help my clients retrieve memories from both present and past lives ... the reason for this is to avoid inadvertant subliminal suggestion which would in turn create false memory.

In all those year I have regressed hundreds of people ... and not one single client has ever recalled being someone famous !

This is the kind of sweeping and inaccurate statement that people make who have no concept about the reality of the process or the purpose behind it ... it is so much more than an elaborate party trick or the results of a vivid imagination.

Woody

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've had a PLM when I was a kid but nothing I want to talk about in length, I know I wasn't anyone famous just a regular person from a different time... Now I only have little memory of what happened but I can remember a feeling of being familiar with what I was seeing... Sorry no hypnosis involved, just a personal experience and I can't equate that with any kind of proof just like any religions can try and tell me their proof is in their personal experience it just isn't good enough....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This maybe off topic but can someone explain why you can't or can remember the language spoken of your previous past life? I think I have couple of past lives but I believe the persons didn't speak English. In the dream, somehow, the memories were conveyed to me in English. Maybe language comprehension is strictly the product of our consciousness. And they don't get "carried over" to the next life, assuming we are certain that reincarnation is real.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
Who knows if reincarnation is true or not? I don't. BUT... my problem is that these past life regressions always turn up that you were Cleopatra or Julius Caesar (or at least Marc Antony) or some moderately famous person. No one was ever the chimney sweep or the shoplifting meth head. Why is that?

Sorry, but I've been a Past-life Regression Therapist for over 16yrs ... prior to becoming a practitioner I experienced 4 episodes of personal and 'spontaneous' PLM's ... after studying Applied Psychology to help me understand the workings of the human mind, I developed my own non-hypnotic therapy technique to help my clients retrieve memories from both present and past lives ... the reason for this is to avoid inadvertant subliminal suggestion which would in turn create false memory.

In all those year I have regressed hundreds of people ... and not one single client has ever recalled being someone famous !

This is the kind of sweeping and inaccurate statement that people make who have no concept about the reality of the process or the purpose behind it ... it is so much more than an elaborate party trick or the results of a vivid imagination.

Woody

Good point. It if is done well and circsumsoect suggetion, sometihing threaputic will happen... In an Milton erscksonian framework. Where do the good cases come from? The future perhaps? What if somebod has time travel and sugests you to live someting out in a reincarnation?
Pluck the ptals and flivk for flikkers,,, Is ther a deep liner there?-mj

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I've worked on the largest ancient pyramid north of Mexico, been several nonhuman animals, fought in the Civil War, and been the victim of an abusive husband (I'm presently related to who I last was).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join