It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to Mars .. on a one-way trip

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

edit on 7-11-2010 by alphaMegas because: post revised

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think about this a lot..

Get 6 men/woman, 1 from each race, and send them to Mars with a no-return expectancy...
It would take the whole worlds attention and bring us closer together.

Common grounds.. out of this world.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
have to say i do assume that they have had robots over there building quarters and other facilities for the past 70 years since it seams a bit foolish and pointless to send of a caravan of people over there and expect them to "build it" from "scrap" when we bearly can leave planetary orbit let alone travel in space,...

so for the sake of space exploration and human dignity dont go if you dont have a sound plan or havent been building a secure base over there for the past 30-70+ years.

anyways , while being pessimistic about the " futuristic fantasy propaganda " i do hope they are actuly building a ship that can take off and land multiple times without refueling and preferably stock up on energy by own means in usable time that can facilitate a crew of 4000 and has a max load for 15k in population including crew.

heck for all i care the moon should have been populated by now and mining on venus should be done on a monthly or yearly basis with remotes,

but trying to stay on subject and talking about the finance of it all , who is going to pay and with what ?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Get 6 men/woman, 1 from each race, and send them to Mars with a no-return expectancy...

That is a great plan, would you like to be one them, that would have to be a very hard decision to make, knowing you would never come back is some obstacle to overcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join