It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominent Israeli Rabbi: “Gentiles Need To Die”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This guy doesn't understand his own religion. In the Jewish world to come according to Genesis there will be no goyim. Per Genesis 48 and 49 what is supposed to happen is by the time of there end times the world will be filled with Israelites and Jews. There won't be any goyim to serve him. Also verse 18-18 says the nations of the world would be blessed by his offspring. Being slaves is not a blessing.

For a rabbi he just doesn't get it.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
Rabbi Yosef ,one of the most popular and highly regarded Rabbis in Israel is once again spreading his message of hate. He believes and teaches non Jews are alive only to serve Jews, the master race.

This pitiful excuse for a holy man shows his racist, hateful side once again. Sadly it isn't just him but more and more Rabbis are expousing the same filth. This incitment to hatred should not go unpunished but of course it will as the Rabbis defense will simply be that what he said is EXACTLY as it is written in the Torah so he is simply repeating what God has already said.
It is interresting to note that when the Nazi's were saying the same thing about Jews, world Jewry went crazy (as well they should have)

www.veteranstoday.com...
edit on 21-10-2010 by gem_man because: spelling

Umm, i have the transcript of what he said, and he most certainly did not say "gentiles need to die"

That could be INFERRED from his statements, but to say he said that is dishonest and a little radical. He said the sole purpose of gentiles is to serve Jews. Thats very different from saying "gentiles need to die". I would like to know who wrote that article. This shmuck is spreading antisemitism with such fanatical titles and manipulation of comments.

I agree that his statements were offensive. Im a non Jew who believes in the Torah, studies rabbinic Judaism, Kabbalah, Chassidut, and i may infact convert when the time is right (ive been studying Judaism for the past 5 years, daily 3-5 hours, so i have a pretty good understanding of how Jews think of non Jews). I am offended. plain and simple. I have never encountered statements that spoke so impudently about the influence of non Jews. However, contrary to your generalizations about Judaism (and im speaking specifically about real Judaism, that is, Orthodox) there are plenty of Rabbis and organization that are involved in outreach to non Jews, to help them serve the one G-d in the role of a non Jew, and following the 7 noahide laws. Such examples are the very famous Rebbe of Lubavitch, Temple institute and their website UniversalTorah, Azamra.org, LazerBrody.net, Sam Peaks and many more.

The exact nature of his statements are cloaked in allegory, which in itself is a result of the very philosophical and symbolic nature of both the bible, talmud, mishna, Midrash and kabbalistic writings, thus, they language he uses reflects this metaphorical substratum that underlies all Rabbinic thought.

That being said, i still dont think it was a smart thing to say. But, he said it. He didnt mean it at all as "gentiles need to die". Whats ultimately meant by his statements is that Abraham, and his Judaism, will eventually draw the whole world into accepting the Judaic vision of reality. This of course is not to be understood in a superficial manner. Judaism believes this world and this reality is meant to be united with the spiritual world - this contradicts views found in gnosticism, sufism and eastern thought which seeks to separate the two worlds, each relinquished to the sphere which is relevant to it. Thus, if everyone - the nations (which is what goyim means in Hebrew, Goy is sing. for nation, and Goyim pl.for nations) are destined to concede and give up their views about reality, which are materialistic, dualistic and in essence, focused on man (which is why its marked by an antinomianism which permits perversions of all sorts) this in effect makes them servants to the vision o reality enivsaged by the Jewish people, which was given to them by G-d in the Torah.

Thus, non Jews are servants ONLY in the sense that this attitude is not intrinsic to their nature. In the beginning, it will be a servitude to the vision of Judaism, and thus we will be serving by following their direction. But in the end, the ultimate goal is not servitude, but for each person from every unique nation reflecting their own uniqueness by serving G-d and g-d alone. Not Jews.

Personally, i dont like the idea of 'serving Jews' either. But in one way that context is valid, and thats the fact that this mentality is so foreign to the majority of the gentile world. Humility is a trait that i have found most evinced in Judaism. I had studied Eastern thought, Islam (sufism) and western thought and in so many cases you just find a blatant self delusion and virtual worship of the self. Thats the issue.

Nonetheless, im in close correspondence with a prominent Israeli Rabbi and he explained to me that not all Non Jews are in the category of servants to Jews. That is, Tzaddikim (righteous people) and Chassidim (pious people) of the nations are themselves only servants to G-d, but nonetheless, they should look to Judaism as a root whereas they are the branch.

None of this is meant to be disparaging, and in fact i resent statements like this because of the controversy and ammo it gives to Israelis enemies. Judaism is truly good, and they do not, both theologically and morally speaking, want the gentiles "to die". That is anathema. Many Jews have taken gentiles under their wings. I am close with many Jews and Rabbis, and theyre my greatest friends and some of the nicest, gentlest and caring of people. If i could only convey to you my experiences with Jews you would see the beauty of their nature, and alos he beauty of the relatonship which exists between Jew and Non Jew.

Its a complicated subject which if someone isnt privy to esoteric concepts would probably find supercilious or subjective. Both are veyr valid responses. I can only say as someone who cares for my gentile brethren and who cares to justify their equal worth in the eyes of G-d, that Judaism does not deprecate Gentiles. They are considered as being given a different purpose in the world, 70 different purposes to be exact, Jews and Judaism were given the job of serving as priests, and spiritual leaders to the world, not to demean or give them a feeling of inferiority. G-d knows that no good priest would seek to elevate himself before his congregation, but in fact would desire the opposite. To efface himself towards them.

Ovadia Yosef did not show that, and because he spoke so harshly i was offended and emailed a few of my rabbi friends to help explain to me what on earth he meant by saying what he did. What ive explained throughout this post was some of what i was told, and a bit of my own knowledge.

Hope it helped clarifiy atleast some confusion.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If it was a German saying these things ATS would be up in arms. Instead most people are making excuses for this psychopath.

wcitizen is the only person on this thread to point out the obvious and he was completely ignored.

Zionist brainwashing has done a great job.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

How is it that you feel qualified to interpet this vile Rabbis words? He meant exactly what he said! every once in a while A Rabbi lets his true feelings surface. The man is a Cheif Rabbi not some young upstart. When he speaks his followers take it to heart. He should be arrested for incitement. Having said that I will repeat what I said in a previous post. There are thousands of "Rabbis" and thankfully only a hanful of these nutters.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

First, i explained the exact nature of his statements. They are themselves much more complicated than meets the eye. Also, there was no "Gentiles need to die", so why did you name your post thus? He didnt say that - at all.

If i say a certain person is meant to serve me, yes that is indeed anathema. But that is not the same as 'they need to die'. The germans thought all Jews "need to die". Europes nobles made serfs of their populations - though that didnt equal death. I would prefer being a slave than being killed, i dont know about you.

So, with that point out of the way, i can try to address some other points you made.

How is it that you feel qualified to interpet this vile Rabbis words?

Well, i guess my daily study of Rashi, Mishna, and other JRabbinic works 3-5 hours daily makes me somewhat qualified to put into perspective his words. This is a man that can quote whole chapters by heart from thousands of different works. Rabbi Yosef truly is a genius with a didedic memory. When he speaks, he doesnt do so simply, but packed with metaphor and allusions to other thoughts within rabbinic literature. I can certainly tell you that he did not means 'all gentiles need to die" as this abominable thread title asserts.

every once in a while A Rabbi lets his true feelings surface.

Oh, now all rabbis secretly hold these feelings? Im a gentile. Im from a purtuguese catholic family, who, was forcivbly converted to catholicism some 500 years ago at the penalty of death. My family briefly lived as Muranos until they eventually assimilated and became fully catholic, eventually forgetting their Jewish background. So im coming from a family that has 350 + years of Staunch catholicism. I am a gentile and thus i really have no vested interest to hope that gentiles become slaves to Jews. If this were a common Rabbinic view (which it isnt) i would not be attracted to Judaism. Every Rabbi im close with has shown every possible sign of humility and love towards me. When i ask what the difference between Jew and gentile is, they dont say gentiles are animals, like those repulsive antisemites propogate as propaganda. Its simply not a Jewish view. They believe G-d responds to the prayers of all peoples. If one is righteous - a Tzaddik, than G-d will be with him as much as he is with any Jew. The difference lies in ones role in the world. The Jewish people were commanded to be 'priests to mankind'. This is what a Jew is born into. Another particularly advantage to being born Jewish is the unique solidarity that Jews show to one another. Coming from a catholic background, i can honestly say that this attitude is taken much more trivially than it is in Judaism. Of course, not all aspects of Judaism exhibit this - as only Orthodox is real Judaism, but those orthodox Jews that you do see are really a wonderous people. Like brothers and sister theyre so close to one anorther. This exists in all religions to varying extents, yet not so apparent as it is in Judaism. Infact, some religions show the complete opposite. Look at Islam as an example of inner strife between #e and Sunni, or Christianity with protestantism vs catholicism, or catholicism vs Eastern Orthodox.

The man is a Cheif Rabbi not some young upstart. When he speaks his followers take it to heart. He should be arrested for incitement. Having said that I will repeat what I said in a previous post. There are thousands of "Rabbis" and thankfully only a hanful of these nutters.

I agree he shouldnt have said what he said. I really dont know why he used the language he did. Doesnt make an ounce of sense to me.

He should be arrested for incitement? Really. I guess you dont know much abourt Israeli Politics. Muslims Clerics and Imams regulaarly make calls to kill Jews. To KILL Jews. that is much much worse. Are they arrested? Nope. Palestinain TV actually advertizes these sort things. Palestinian kids shows teach their children how to kill Jews. Palestinian made-for-home movies actually depict rabbis as killing arab children and using their blood to make matzah. These arent comedies, but serious Dramas - with a serious message. This is a disgusting example of propaganda, yet, the Israeli government is completely tolerant of this much more hateful rhetoric coming from Imams. A Jewish Rabbi says all gentiles were created to serve Jews (an offensive comment, no doubt) is immideately criticized in israeli by various organizations, the ADL in america, and the whole world at large.

Amazing how quickly this news circulates around the world when a Jew says it. This is much more common rhetoric that you hear coming from Muslim leaders.

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef is not a 'nutter'. He did say something very controversial, and offensive. I dont think he meant it as brashly as we westerns are apt to take these statements.

To understand what is meant by it requires us to understand something about the man and the tradition he speaks out of. Judaism is truly about humility towards our creator. When the Orthodox Jeish world looks around them and sees "vanity, all is vanity" it leaves a feeling of sickness in your stomach. Im a gentile living in the modern world and im sickened by the egotism and self worship we see in todays society. If people - most of us, are living this way and "serving" - and we are serving, are base passions and the drives of our animal self, than ovadiah Yosefs comments about Gentiles serving Jews does make a little more sense. The Jew, that is, the observant orthodox Jew serves G-d. His entire day is filled with meditation and thoughtfulness on how to connect with his source. This leaves one with a very enlightened and lofty spiritual level. Its really not in the nature of Jews to criticize, as thats Lashon Hara (evil speech) which is strictly prohibited by Jewish law.. But, some are more outspoken. Some say things as they are. Ovadiah Yosef looks at this pagan world around him, and says these worshippers of the passions will eventually have to serve G-d one day. But, how can they serve G-d if not through the medium of the Jewish people who will bring this awareness and spiritual reality into everday life. This is the nation of Israels role in the world - to raise mans awarness of G-d in everyday life (this is what Judaism believes. So, understand Ovadia Yosefs statement in the context of what he believes. Its not as contemptible as hitler who was a pagan nazi who understood no borders and committed genocide. Judaism is all about borders, humility and service towards other men and thus G-d).

So, because modern media and culture has everyone serving the passions. in the future, these same people, or their descendants, will be serving the Jews in the sense that their vision for reality will eventually force itself on everyone else. Meaning everyone will have to adhere - whether wilfully or forcibly. It'll therefore be servitude because its not in their natures to live on the plane of consciousness that most observant Jews live on.

Again, id like to say that his comments were tactless and came off as very brash. And gives ammo for Israelis enemies. But there was an element of truth to it.

And also, "Jews" should be understood only as observant Jews. Its not racial at all, but refers to a spiritual awareness. Any gentile can become a Jew. So, this should show that its not racial. But, unobservant Jews are hardly worthy of being grouped with the observant Jews who fear G-d and humble themselves before him. Those arrogant secular ones are chaff among wheat. They will be discarded and rejected, whereas gentiles with a good heart and inclination will be accepted and integrated.

Not everyone is a servant. I spoke to my rabbi who knows Rabbi Yosef and he himself said any person can be a Tzaddik. Whether Jew or Gentile. And a Tzaddik is a servant to G-d alone. Only those non Jews who arent inclined towards this manner of knowing G-d will be servants, and thus servants of those who are guiding the world of how to serve G-d.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This kind of behavior from Israeli Rabbi's is nothing new, moreover what is significant is that Israeli government is funding these people to spread their "zionism message". I found another thread on ATS Handbook for the Killing of Gentiles/ Non-Jews which shows how government of Israel is supporting and funding these people.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Real christianity is not about hate.

Your version of it is when gw bush is an idol to so many in usa and there christians, lol.

A christian would not touch his book period, if you truly believe what you say, but many christians will be out there buying his book, and endorsing all his crimes. Amazing.

On topic, i stay away from the jews stuff, and israel as its boring, and they are trying to set up a way to make you seem antisemetic, when i do not care for these people anymore than others.

This thread is just a set up, i would avoid writing how you feel about what that man said.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I am aware that not all Christians, Jews and Muslims preach nor practice hate. But with that said I never see the good deeds of any of these organized groups. The things I witness are the attempts of religious voices rallying against a persons or groups faith, or the attempt to keep the gay community at the sub-levels of society. I see wars waged and supported by religious calls to arms, christian teachings of evil in the poorest populations of Africa and India spurring in the end the exile or live burnings of people.

In my mind the very allusive good that religion has or will ever bring is smothered by the vast weight of the evil they have brought into my world. Faith is different from the brainwashing hate that has taken over.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join