It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Communion, Whitley Strieber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Has anyone else read this book?

True or not, his story is compelling and the reader gets a scary sense of what it might be like to have an encounter yourself.

I read two of the books in this series, Communion and Transformation.

I highly recomend them for a great read and to spark your mind into what it would be like if you thought you were being abducted.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pinealexplorer

I've only read Communion but it was an awesome book. Im thinking of starting to read it again. It really makes you wonder if ET's are doing this, or is there something else happening in the human mind? definately an awesome book!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Never read the book, but own, and love the film.....some have slated it, but it remains one of my favourites.
Perhaps I'll try the book !!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have seen the movie based on the book, quite enjoyable and strange. Those aliens were so weird it was actually funny..

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Read the books and saw the movie. Worth the read even if you don't believe it to be a factual account.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pinealexplorer

I have read the book, just seems to be an amalgamation of a few movies, and a few weird dreams, is a good read though

Wee Mad

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I've Read Communion and The Secret School. There's part's in the Secret School that of future event's that shows what's going on in modern times. It's so creepy!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I have all or most of his books in this series and although his ex-wife said he made a good portion of it up, I do not know what to think except that they are good reads in this subject matter. I would recommend them.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I hadn't heard that Whitley and Anne were splitting up. She always came across as very supportive of WS' claims in interviews over the years.
As for truthfulness, well, it's an enjoyable book that may simply be an account of food poisoning. He dined on seltzer and leftover stuffing before the Dec.26 incident he calls a "primary experience."

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I've read the book, I've seen the fillum. Walken was brilliant as Strieber. Both film and book were very entertaining and very well written. Strieber was, and always will be a decent science fiction writer. Have a look at "Natures' End". Very fine sci fi. But Whitney remains a massive bell end in real life. Listen to his shows. Very sad.

Spect for his imagination though.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The book is an interesting read but once you read more about Strieber you realize the book is a load of BS.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i tried reading it and i started geting scared from it and quit, v ery alarming stuff

top topics

join