It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Good point. For all we know she could have been a nut talking to her invisible friend "Jeremy"

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Reply to post by Deaf Alien

Hahaha she sure dresses like it. im not disagreeing with you that she says "hear me". to me it looks like thats what she says but im no lip reader. I would have to take your word for it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think I stumbled across a good explanation of this mystery. Damn, I was so hoping the answer would be of the weird and wacky. Did anyone present the following link yet?

USA Live Headlines Oct-10

We recently covered a story about a man named George Clarke whom is a professional movie producer and revealed a time traveler in Charlie Chaplin’s, “The Circus.” Mr. Clarke was very convincing and provided a video of a woman (or man) walking down the street in Hollywood talking on what appeared to be a mobile phone. We were lucky enough to receive a comment from a user named Patrick that seems to have made some sense of all this time traveler talk. Here is our Charlie Chaplin cell phone explanation.

A picture on the same site from an old 1920's ad, shows a doctor holding a hearing aid to his ear in what would appear to to be the same darn position of the man/lady hand from the OP video. Fingers look identical!

While it was a fun ride to imagine that some old film of Charlie Chaplin’s like The Circus gave us some out of this world proof of time travel, it really just gave us an antique tour down hearing aid memory lane.

So, what do you guys think? I reluctantly say hearing aid at this point. But I had hoped for more ; )

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

Yeah it has been covered many times in this thread and elsewhere.

Here's a blog from the very author of that youtube video in OP:
georgeclarke.webs.com...

He covered all the theories and answered every one of them.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by neotech1neothink

Uhh so they had stealth and jet technology 400 years before the Wright brothers flew their plane?

Hey Chadwickus,

IMHO... "THEY" HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE.

CHECK IT OUT...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-12-2011 by neotech1neothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Thanks DA - I usually am not one to skip pages on a thread but that was just too many to go through!

The link to the hearing aids made sense to me, so I wasn't sure why there was still such a debate going on.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think that the "hearing aid" idea makes a lot of sense, and I remember seeing this when they aired a Charlie Chaplin marathon in the 1980s (and I had heard of a mobile phone back then... "the brick" wasn't even a thought). I asked my grandmother (now deceased) who told me that she might have been hit on the side of the head by someone or something, and agreed not to sue in exchange for appearing in a movie. She very well could have been smart-talking to the director, since this wasn't a "talky" and so it didn't occur to her that someone might make a big deal out of her being a smart-aleck some 80-90 years after the fact.

But for the record, I'm liking the "hearing aid" theory much better. But until we have time travel and can go back and ask them, all we have is theory, whether for or against. We can't support the concept of time travel out of this one shot, and we need to understand the world of movie extras of the time. This wasn't a casual shot on an ordinary street, it was a set shot using people who were specifically expecting to be on camera. To whip out a cell phone under those conditions would basically be an act of desperation to get noticed--if this woman was a time traveler, was she stuck? Consider the angle of the person doing the act, not simply your own perspective.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RedHeron

The hearing aid is the most plausible answer and most popular, however a pretty thorough search of devices is listed in this thread, and not one from memory married up to the device in her hand

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Its wierd. Looks like he/she is on a cellphone. But he/she could be just mad

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is a similar example: have a look at 2:55 to 2:57, at the guy beyond the person in the centre's right shoulder, in a grey top. It looks like someone on a mobile phone. In 1985.

[I don't recommend viewing the rest of a rather gruesome video.]

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by terry456

I cant believe someone resurrected this thread, i thought we established that she was picking a zit. Only jkg. This thread was a good un in its hey day, oh how we laughed, squabbled and speculated. I think we agreed that because there was no mobile network that she/possible he couldnt have been taking on a mobile.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gillskill
This is a similar example: have a look at 2:55 to 2:57, at the guy beyond the person in the centre's right shoulder, in a grey top. It looks like someone on a mobile phone. In 1985.

[I don't recommend viewing the rest of a rather gruesome video.]

Yeah, I have played that clip back a few times and still trying to work out what the person is actually doing with something to the side of his face..................strange........

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by terry456

I cant believe someone resurrected this thread, i thought we established that she was picking a zit. Only jkg. This thread was a good un in its hey day, oh how we laughed, squabbled and speculated. I think we agreed that because there was no mobile network that she/possible he couldnt have been taking on a mobile.

No thedoctorswife, I have been in contact with this thread from the very start and there has not been any real explanation as to what the person concerned was actually doing in the film with their left hand to their ear....

As for your comment about there being no mobile network, try and think outside the box a little bit, if a person was actually a time traveller would they really need a mobile phone network ie cell/mobile phone masts etc? Don't you think that with technology that advanced they would really need a mobile phone network? I don't think so...................

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Absolutely a nice find.
With my modern view i would immediately say, she's talking in a cell phone (question then is how and with who).
BUT the footage is from 1928 and all i factual see is a lady holding an object against or near her face and she is talking. How or what i dunno... She could have a toothache or something and is talking / nagging about that.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I had to do allot to make the video work outside uk.

proxies lol

I see what your seeing how come they always look at the camera when they get caught.
what if more people died that day and the a crew of time travlers were dispatched to may 11 1985

If your not in the uk this video will work 2:35 the guy is at in this one.

edit on 25-10-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

This video can be explained much easier then the OP. This individual could be holding a transistor radio. A common item at most sporting events during the 60s, 70s and 80s. Also in this video the individual does not appear to be talking into the item.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

except the first transistor radio wasn't tip 1948
couple of decades after this film

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
IF it isn't a hearing aid, it is possible it could have been an "easter egg" of some sort. Something they threw in there to make people wonder, if they happened to see it. If we can today fathom futuristic things that have not been invented yet, and show ways how they might be implemented, then I would think they could fathom back then that one day people would be walking around with portable phones. In movies nowadays, it is very common for somewhat "prophetic" features to be included in the story line, in either an inconspicuous manner, or in an obvious way. Who's to say they didn't do that type of thing in those days?

People weren't stupid back then. If Leonardo Da Vinci could create intricate drawings of flying machines hundreds of years ago, then surely people in the 20th Century could think of something as simple as portable phones.

Far-fetched, and probably way off from the truth, but it's possible. I still say hearing aid, though.
edit on 26-10-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
IF it isn't a hearing aid, it is possible it could have been an "easter egg" of some sort. Something they threw in there to make people wonder, if they happened to see it. If we can today fathom futuristic things that have not been invented yet, and show ways how they might be implemented, then I would think they could fathom back then that one day people would be walking around with portable phones. In movies nowadays, it is very common for somewhat "prophetic" features to be included in the story line, in either an inconspicuous manner, or in an obvious way. Who's to say they didn't do that type of thing in those days?

People weren't stupid back then. If Leonardo Da Vinci could create intricate drawings of flying machines hundreds of years ago, then surely people in the 20th Century could think of something as simple as portable phones.

Far-fetched, and probably way off from the truth, but it's possible. I still say hearing aid, though.
edit on 26-10-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

Or , ...It's Just an " Extra " with a Hand Prop.............

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84 >>

join