It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scales
My theory is that she sees the camera, and tries to cover her face while walking by.

Keep in mind.... no cell phone towers during this time. It would be totally useless even if it was a phone.

See, that right there is just one of the literally thousands of possible explanations for what we see in the film- and yet I'm told that it's more believable that she's actually a time traveller, which we can tell because she's doing something that looks to us like talking on a cellphone?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
A senile speaking on a old phone handle ?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This time traveler is a WOMEN. Why must you people think he is a MAN!? sexist. don't believe me? Look at HIS heels.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ove38
A senile speaking on a old phone handle ?

Absolutely impossible, inconceivable. The only way we can explain this footage is by time travel.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

This is intriguing.The woman does indeed look like a man, even the gloved hand is rather big for a female and her feet are massive. At least as big as the man who walks in front of her/him. She could just be talking to herself and adjusting her hair, we will never know. Well spotted though. Kind of like seeing a Rolex in a movie, on the wrist of a roman soldier. LOL

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

The transvestite obviously hid his face on spotting the camera on the other side of Hollywood Boulevard and muttered to himself "Damn! I hope no one recognises me when they see me on film."

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Imagine you were an ancient druid with the power to travel in time. You would normally wear a robe: being a druid and knIowing little of the time you were in: there is a lot of time to travel in: you wear what looks the most like a robe not realizing it is women's clothes. If it is real????? It is a druid!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think I've read most every post on this thread (long night!) and truly there were only two or three really good replies in all of these 80 pages. And by good I mean possible explanations that hokd some real substance.

The first one was about ten pages back written by a Hollywood film guy and he just comes out and says plain and simple that this woman is definately talking into something and that it's not our imagination. He has a great perspective because he works in the film industry and was able to really analyze the footage.

The other explanation that made some sense was an explanation posted on Youtube which said the lady was just itching her head and the shadow was just her hair beneath her hand. If you think about it...if you are going to itch the side of your head and you have a hat on, you have to bend your fingers to fit beneath the hat.

Neither of these explanations are very fulfilling, I know...but come closest to explaining what this woman could be doing. They are more plausible than thinking this is a time traveler!

I really wish someone would ask a lip reader to figure out what the woman is saying for sure.

I'm surprised this hasn't been accomplished yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

We had a deaf lip reader give his best impression form what he could see.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Now this is a REAL time traveller:
www.facebook.com...
She is Charlie Chaplin's daughter-in-law, an internationally renowned playwright and author who has published more than 28 books, plays, and short stories. Her most notable work includes 'Siesta', which was made into a film staring Jodi Foster and Isabella Rossellini, 'Into the Darkness Laughing', 'Hidden Star', 'Night Fishing', and 'Albany Park'.

Read her books "Secrets of Girona" and "The Portal" and you will learn what REAL time travel is about. It was the great secret behind the mystery of Rennes-le-Chateau, which Patrice has now largely solved.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

And...what is she saying?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

You'll have to look back for Deaf Aliens posts, It was a long time ago I think from memory he said he lip read "can you hear me?"

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by zazzafrazz

On page 28 I mentioned that the "time traveler" might of said "can you hear me now?" But I was joking that it was a verizon wireless commercial.

I think maybe whom ever did the lip reading may have been joking aswell? If not then that would be a funny coincidence.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

well DA likes a laugh, but no, thats what he saw

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Might be of some interest.

World's 1st cell phone

This is six years before the Chaplin video.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by zazzafrazz

Well thats interesting. What ever happened to DA anyway? wonder if he still visits ATS?

Id like other lip readers to confirm if DA was right. Id also like to hear it from him whether he was jokin or not.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfeit

World's 1st cell phone

Sweet

Except of course it is not a cell phone - it is radio telephony - which post WW1 was pretty flash - most radio at that time was morse code, and being able to send & receive voice was technological cutting edge. Even at the start of WW2 not all tanks and aircraft had radio telephones, and some that did have radios had single-frequency ones that could only receive and not send - ie they could receive orders, but not transmit situation reports, etc.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I'm wondering about this mystery in terms of old film restoration. It was well known that parts of many old films were damaged in storage, and the need to restore some parts was seen as desirable if they could not be saved? Could it be possible that some of those missing scenes were re-filmed at a later date? To my way of thinking, they had the costumes, the scenery all there in the 60's or 70's.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

She does look like she was saying "hear me?" I had to watch it over and over in full screen. Needs a better quality video so we can look closely.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Surfeit

World's 1st cell phone

Sweet

Except of course it is not a cell phone - it is radio telephony - which post WW1 was pretty flash - most radio at that time was morse code, and being able to send & receive voice was technological cutting edge. Even at the start of WW2 not all tanks and aircraft had radio telephones, and some that did have radios had single-frequency ones that could only receive and not send - ie they could receive orders, but not transmit situation reports, etc.

WOW! ADORE THE PATHE NEWS CLIP. THANKS SO VERY MUCH GUYS FOR ALERTING US TO IT!

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE "SECRET BLACK OPS GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY" IS MINIMUM "500-600 YEARS AHEAD" OF US NOW IN 2011. THE MIND BLOWING TECHNOLOGY OF 2611 IS ALREADY HERE!

COULD THIS ARTICLE BE VERY LOOSELY BASED UPON WHAT IS ALREADY HERE?...
matadornetwork.com...

edit on 11-12-2011 by neotech1neothink because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join