It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
LOL i love this thread just wont die....
but spose noone has a answer yet...its a mystery still.......

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Another mystery right here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You got to love Chaplin.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Haven't looked at this thread for ages but wanted to post some articles from the MSM that discuss it.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.metro.co.uk...

It's apparently been debunked also

uk.gizmodo.com...

I'm sure all of this has been posted but at best it hasn't been and at worst it's a bump for the thread.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

yeah we had those gadgets appearing early in the thread, but no definitive debunk, including that one

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Seems Apollo from Ancient Greece was the first time traveller...

Dammit, no signal!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I know, It's funny how people claim things are/have been debunked though isn't it? And then everyone stops thinking about it.

I wonder how the guy who spotted it is getting on?

What his thoughts are now, after a few months...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

I know, It's funny how people claim things are/have been debunked though isn't it? And then everyone stops thinking about it.

I wonder how the guy who spotted it is getting on?

What his thoughts are now, after a few months...

Yeah, I also keep coming back to this thread to see if anything else has come about...................This thread actually encouraged me to join ATS and have been here ever since. The Charlie Chaplin time traveller film still intrigues me now because there didn't seem to be any great arguments as to what the person walking down the street was holding in their hand up to their ear whilst talking at the same time...........Yeah, so has anything else come of this since the thread was started?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

There are 2 explanations

a) Woman in man shoes talking to no one on a hearing device...see she talks INTO the device, so she is talking to herself or to someone who doesn't have the device to their ear. There wasn't a working transistor in this era it wasnt invented yet for that portable size....the horn part is what people spoke into.....so is she talking into the horn part to just hear herself?

Our deaf member Deaf Alien read her lips to say "hear me?"

or

B) she is a a time traveller lol

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I forgot all about that statue of Apollo. It sure looks like he is holding up his cell for better reception. :-) With current technology you'd think it would be fairly easy to "zoom in" on the image. This has not been debunked (imho)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Lol. It could be the wicked witch of oz herself in one of her obe's.OBE's are not bound
by time or space and in an obe, the astral form can take almost a flesh and blood manifestation.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have just found this thread, haven't read all the responses but I have read enough.

Through my experience and the number of things I have debunked and not debunked, I have came to a conclusion that this can't be debunked only ideas of possible explanations can be provided but no clear answers will be concluded as iron clad for sure for yay or nay.

Some of the explanations are good, but the bottom line is he or she is clearly holding something from the knuckles, too small to be a horn and clearly 100% talking into it. It's not a tooth or ear ache IMO, I see someone holding something black, talking to it, looking at the camera and looking back quickly.

It could be, as weird as it sounds, something of time travel.

It could also be a coinencidence of someone thinking of something strange to do in a movie or a event ( like a mobile talking device ) for that time, simply coming up with something that just happened to be possible down the road of our current era.

I don't know what to believe, if I was a total close minded person, I would say it's nothing, but I don't know, it's strange though.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
THAT IS A MOBILE PHONE. It has to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice find, WOW moment right now.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
this was debunked the first time someone posted, "how did she get a signal ?"

and I think that was the 3rd reply

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

And the how did she get the signal was debunked also....read on my sweetie

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Highly suspicious.
If he's a "time traveler", who would he be speaking to on a cellphone?
I'm pretty sure service was spotty in 1928. not many towers then.
I'd like to see the original movie. Does it seem very likley that Chaplin would film this guy talking on a strange device and nobody would inquire what he was doing? Wouldn't even be curious?
Something fishy here.

Was Tesla still alive then ? Could be a prototype of his or something. The first 2 way radio and maybe he wanted to test it around people to see if the quality would still be good. Or maybe he and chap were friends and they did this on purpose; put Tesla's hidden tech in the movie for later gens to find out.

Just some thoughts.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I went searching for "The Circus" when this story first broke the first time to see if it was in the original film. It's not. So what I'm thinking is that the person who prepared these films for publication probably directed a clip using himself as the subject in question along with the original Hollywood film decor still kept in storage... then subjected it to an aging process... which is pretty easy to do these days. Anywho... I've heard that directors and film editors are notorious for engaging in these types of pranks.
edit on 21-6-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm reading how the signal was debunked, but what if it was something even more elaborate than we think. What if there are more than one person involved, what if it was a walkie talkie and he was plotting with another in another area?

Just another thought, so with that said it can't be debunked, debunked means you have absolute proof, I haven't seen no documentation of the props or things they have used to explain this, and if it was, they would have used this typed of '' high tech dream '' back then to feature a film in it and it would have been used more.

So again, this is an interresting case with no clear answers that will ever satisfy anyone until something comes out concrete with proof from that era that indeed that was a prank.

So in my eyes, I don't fully believe it was time travel but I also don't fully believe it was a prank, if it was they would have made it much more extravagent than making it seem like that didn't even matter in that event that would effect anything that had to do with the movie.

I put this into my unknown until further review folder.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
this was debunked the first time someone posted, "how did she get a signal ?"

and I think that was the 3rd reply

This has not been debunked whatsoever my friend, this is the thread that got me on to ATS in the first place and still intrigues me now after 10 months...........just because the person may be holding a mobile/cell phone doesn't mean they can't use it because of no phone masts being around in 1928...........if this person was indeed a time traveller, then the time he/she comes from and the technology that has developed may mean that there is no need for mobile/cell phone masts as we know them today in order for the phone to work........If you have read through the posts since this thread began, then you would have realised how bored people got with other members keep prattling on about cell/mobile phone masts, but that is what happens when other people cannot be arsed to read through what other people's points of view are within posts.................This thread is still open for ideas about what is seen in the piece of film and still open for debate, and has definitely not been debunked whatsoever.....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As already stated it is most likely to be just an earing-aid which back the looked like a horn or a mobile phone. As for talking to herself, who knows lol, some people like to talk themselves

edit on 6-8-2011 by Stret because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I commented on this months ago..looked at it again..crazy as it may be, that person has some kind of hand-held mobile communicator. cell phone, whatever it is, she's talking into it. no such thing existed in 1928. ergo, time/dimensional traveler, or possibly an alien in disguise. they ain't all little greys, ya know

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join