It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
OK ATS
this is what you are all here for, annalytical skills.
Check this footage from the 1928 film The Circus,
The footage is appearing on a guys youtube also promoting his film festival, so apologies on that, but he found it, so spose he can garner the attention for what he wants

Basically there is a woman/man in drag walking in a scene talking on what appears to be a mobile phone.....
Watcha y'all think? Have a lookie !

Was Charlie Chaplin a time traveller? he made loads of money and cornered a market.....lol
Or was it a day tripper saying yeeehah guess where i am?
Or a lady clutching nothing with a shadow in her hand?

What would you do if you could time travel? Checkout this clip from the behind the scenes footage from the 1928 Charlie Chaplin movie ‘The Circus’. This short film is about a piece of footage that a fan named George Clarke found from behind the scenes in Charlie Chaplins film ‘The Circus’. Attending the premiere at Manns Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, CA – the scene shows a large woman dressed in black with a hat hiding most of her face, with what can only be described as a mobile phone device – talking as she walks alone. George’s only theory is simple… it’s a time traveler on a mobile phone. I like how George thinks. Check it out yourself and see what you think. Just don’t try to think about things like the nearest cell tower. I can just hear Doc Brown saying it now, “Marty. You’ll never guess where I am! Mann’s Chinese Theater to see Charlie Chaplin.” My theory is that Charlie Chaplin was the time traveler and he must’ve brought someone back. I even found another video of Chaplin showing up in the future!

daveandthomas.net...

edit on 21-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: miming a spell check

In drag? It's just a hard of hearing lady walking along. Sorry to pop your imagination bubbles.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Looks like this is possibly busted.
Link

Line 2

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Link

Line 2

I think not, they are still as in the dark as we are. There is still the problem of her talking at the same time as "listening" not all that outlandish, but impossible to prove.The item is being held in a way that would make an ear trumpet inefficient, as the bell needs to be free to resonate.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is just fascinating! I have watched this over and over, and the more I watch it, the more it looks like a man talking on a cell phone. Can anyone tell what he/she is saying? Any lip readers around? It looks like a man to me. The person doesn't walk like a woman, it's more like a man's walk, and I have never seen a woman with feet that big! I think it is a man, dressed like a woman. It looks like a modern day person, talking on a cell phone. The mannerisms is that of someone talking on a cell phone.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Say, couple of hundred years from now if they manage to make time travel possible.. if i was given a chance i would like to be a part of all the historic events or events that amused me all my life.
What if someone in the future had a huge crush for this movie "Circus" so much so as to he wanted to time travel and take a peek into the movie sets while it was made and got caught into the movie reel.
For instance i would love to go back into time and take a peek into some of the epic movie sets.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
could it be that shes scratching her face? or fixing her hair?

it amuses me the kind conclusions that people jump to on the internet.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuirOverrun
could it be that shes scratching her face? or fixing her hair?

it amuses me the kind conclusions that people jump to on the internet.

Agreed, or hiding her face from the intrusive camera while talking to the guy a few steps in front of her but giving a cheeky smile at the end?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread622165/

Woman's hand is cupped around her ear because she's straining to hear the director's instructions. (This movie wasn't a "talkie".)

Woman's gait matches that of the man walking in front of her. Maybe the director's telling her to "follow the guy ahead of you".

I don't think it's a guy in a dress...women had 'cankles' in those days too.
edit on 3-11-2010 by Littlesnit because: wanted to reply to original article, individual

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Nice thread
lots and lots of opinions

So I will add one...

This was sent to one of my team from Richard Boylan

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08faef622558.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks about the same... kinda like a cell phone really. What is it?

Siemens patent for a compact, pocket sized carbon microphone/amplifier device suitable for pocket instruments.

hearing.siemens.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well just for fun I'll post a link to cracked.com's article on this very subject - if you're unfamiliar with cracked.com, they're a humor site that sometimes uses FOUL language.

As such, much of what they write should be taken with a grain of salt, but sometimes even the weirdest things give food for thoughts (plus they have some other very good articles that could eventually spawn some great topics on ATS).

The big news crossing the trivial-news desks this week was the discovery of some old Charlie Chaplin footage from the 1920s which appeared to show a woman talking on a cell phone.

cracked.com
edit on 3/11/10 by Truthhunter80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You might be onto something with this one. It's the first hearing/amplifying device I've seen in this thread that's a plausible explanation for this. The only thing I'd say about it is, the person's fingers seem to be too spread out to be holding something this slim. But you never know.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
OK ATS
this is what you are all here for, annalytical skills.
Check this footage from the 1928 film The Circus,
The footage is appearing on a guys youtube also promoting his film festival, so apologies on that, but he found it, so spose he can garner the attention for what he wants

Basically there is a woman/man in drag walking in a scene talking on what appears to be a mobile phone.....
Watcha y'all think? Have a lookie !

Was Charlie Chaplin a time traveller? he made loads of money and cornered a market.....lol
Or was it a day tripper saying yeeehah guess where i am?
Or a lady clutching nothing with a shadow in her hand?

What would you do if you could time travel? Checkout this clip from the behind the scenes footage from the 1928 Charlie Chaplin movie ‘The Circus’. This short film is about a piece of footage that a fan named George Clarke found from behind the scenes in Charlie Chaplins film ‘The Circus’. Attending the premiere at Manns Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, CA – the scene shows a large woman dressed in black with a hat hiding most of her face, with what can only be described as a mobile phone device – talking as she walks alone. George’s only theory is simple… it’s a time traveler on a mobile phone. I like how George thinks. Check it out yourself and see what you think. Just don’t try to think about things like the nearest cell tower. I can just hear Doc Brown saying it now, “Marty. You’ll never guess where I am! Mann’s Chinese Theater to see Charlie Chaplin.” My theory is that Charlie Chaplin was the time traveler and he must’ve brought someone back. I even found another video of Chaplin showing up in the future!

daveandthomas.net...

edit on 21-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: miming a spell check

wow ive been watching this over and over and if its not a time traveller then the only thing i think it could be is a man dressed as a woman who was slightly mad and was holding the handset of a fone,i seen a 1928 fone on the net which may have looked like it

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by ommadawn

not only did they never touch their faces in the 1920s they didnt talk either. they didnt invent scratching and talking until the late 1930s lol. / its a hand warmer placed on the side of her face to keep it warm.. its the only part of here body exposed to the cold temps. her fingers move because the edge of coal burner hand warmers got hot. do a google image search with the term: coal hand warmer. they are the size and shape of a phone and its a more realistic theory. iv said it before on this topic so instead of 2 cents thats my 10 cents

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There wasn't any towers or service to support the "cell phone". Hoax all day long.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
if you were a time traveler from the future you would have some advanced bluetooth technology. it looks more like she is scratching her head trying to remember something.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Link

Line 2

Thanks for the link, but I think ATS has done a better job of investigating this than the site you linked, that hearing horn appeared early on in the thread, as did even better more modern looking tech around in 1928.......

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Nice thread
lots and lots of opinions

So I will add one...

This was sent to one of my team from Richard Boylan

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08faef622558.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks about the same... kinda like a cell phone really. What is it?

Siemens patent for a compact, pocket sized carbon microphone/amplifier device suitable for pocket instruments.

hearing.siemens.com...

I came up with the same idea and found the same site... but I found this to not fit how the hand was wrapped around the object as it appears to be more rounded.. after more digging I found this possible option ... which is another possible in a long list of possibilities it would seem.

www.worthpoint.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxhile
There wasn't any towers or service to support the "cell phone". Hoax all day long.

Thank you!

I can't believe this simple fact escapes so many people.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I have watched the video and zoomed very closely for about 45 minutes straight now, and I can actually say, with all due respect to the true contributors to this thread that this is neither a dictation device or an ear/ hearing magnification device. IMO...
As the creator of the video had stated of the possible gender of the "Supposed" extra for the Charlie Chaplin film, this is not a she. The bulk is incorrect for a female. The hands are massive and look to be very strong, the facial feature's are definitely of a male type of configuration and when the time comes when the turn towards the camera happens, you can barely make out the lips saying something like "I'm really here" or "I can't believe I'm here" and then a definite smile emerges. The finger's are way too wrapped for it to be anything else other than a device of extremely micro hands held tech. There are no connecting cords of any kind and the glance is nothing more than a glance. The frames continue on a bit longer after the initial scene, and the individual is still chatting away when the scene changes or fades, what ever floats your boat.
Starred and flagged my friend, this truly is some of the weirdest and most intriguing information I have seen!! You have me now on a truth hunt for the feasible possibilities as to what took place on the set of the Charlie Chaplin "Circus" shoot and the extras there....
Let it be known that I am not a time traveler buff by any means, but Tesla, Einstein and even Hutchinson have made their mark on the plausibility of these events being a reality "Sometime in the future" which when stated seems ironic and oximoronic in the same frame of mind after seeing the video you have presented.. "Good stuff Maynard!!!"
S&F

And a shout out to Zorgon! "Long time my friend."

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

OK, check this vid at 1:39 - 1:40 you will see the lady in the background on the left adjust her earrings on both sides of her face .. she does it quick -- but this disspels the notion that no one back then puts there hands on their face or ears... she is clearly doing something with her earrings. Maybe the lady in drag had earrings and since she is in drag maybe she is not used to wearing earrings so she is trying to make it less uncomfortable unaware the camera was on her.

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join