It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
I withdraw my simple explanation of ice wrapped in a kerchief.

You're right. It's probably a time traveler talking on a cell phone via non-existant relay towers.

Silly me.

Have I said it is a time traveller?
Lol
you really dont know me on the boards right?
I may aswell say, She is eating and wiping her ear witha hanky...case closed...point is, i dont know that do i now?

But thanks if you think it is a time traveller, how very open minded of you

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Why are people getting upset that we are discussing this?
This is one of the more interesting threads to come here in quite a while.

She is holding something, that much seems true, and she does appear to be talking.

What it is, I don't know.

Could be some loony woman/man talking into her/his makeup-kit.
Maybe using it to obscure the fact that she IS a man from the camera.

Still, it is a weird thing to find.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I agree, we can all speculate about what we think, but either way no one can say for certain what it is because none of us were there. To get upset just because someone doesnt agree with a theory is silly. I mean we all have a right to speculate and give our thoughts and opinions. Even if we all agreed on one thing, that doesnt mean that is actually what it really is, since again we were not there. We should welcome ideas regardless if we agree on them or not. As long as we are all thinking lol

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Suggested scenarios:

1. This woman is so unattractive, a child has hit her in the face with a rock. She is holding a frozen steak to the afflicted area to keep down swelling, and mumbling curse words underneath her breath at the little brat.

2. She is a tourist, and is keeping an audio diary, walking along talking into a tape recorder.

3. This is a male time traveler speaking into a communication device which is much larger than the cell phones we use today.

edit on 10/21/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: He is saying "Beam me up Scotty"!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
OK just when we thought we couldnt have more fun with this thread, Found a older picture of Charlie Chaplin....Look familiar? Could it be him in drag
(I apologize OZ, phage, chad etc I know you expect more from me
)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4605a892dca4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Look Guys,This a tad bit fishy.
Firstly,i think the people on the orginal set would have noticed an actor
walking around the set with a communications device nobody has ever seen before.
Secondly, has anyone seen the original film of this ?.
It to me looks like cgi or re-enacted footage that has been added to the dvd version of this film.,also is this the first release of this film on dvd if not it would be helpful if we could see previous releases of this film to confirm this footage is there.
As i said, there is something really fishy about this clip.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am just wondering who this person could be talking to. There where no mobile signal transmitters or masts to transfer a mobile signal in those days.

Unless these people brought with them a portable antenna and signal amplifier. They must also have brought with them their own battery chargers that could convert to the right voltage.

I have a question: Did they have walkie talkies in those day's? Probably not. All communication when through cable/wire.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Stu2112

Stu my initial thougths were the guy who found it is a film maker......
but its fro a dvd, i spose to be sure i shall hire it, and check its on every version, and not just a hoax he is pulling.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
I am just wondering who this person could be talking to. There where no mobile signal transmitters or masts to transfer a mobile signal in those days.

Unless these people brought with them a portable antenna and signal amplifier. They must also have brought with them their own battery chargers that could convert to the right voltage.

I have a question: Did they have walkie talkies in those day's? Probably not. All communication when through cable/wire.

Seeing as to the best of my knowledge we know little about time traveling if anything. How do we know perhaps it is possible to use cell phones or other electronics while time traveling. I think we need to think out of the ordinary when dealing with time travel as that would probably defy laws of physics as we know them.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
reply to post by spy66

wiki.answers.com...

Right. I bet that radio was larger than a mobile phone and transmitted a totally different signal. It was probably just a one way communication signal.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I hold my cell phone exactly like the guy shows and like the "woman" in the video. I do not hold my cell phone with the tips of my fingers. Gravity loves ripping my smarty phone from my hands therefore I maintain a firm grip.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Dogmire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I would have thought more people would of been interested in the early hearing aids I posted.

They look like a cell phone, they are the right size for what is in the video, they are from the right time period (they showed up in the 1920s), and you had to hold them up to your ear.

I don't know why the lady would be talking back to the thing...but hey...she is old...maybe she didn't fully comprehend this "new technology". Just like our grandmas trying to put a stamp on an email.

Anyway...I just thought it was neat that these looked so much like modern day cell phones.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/229e60ee8704.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I hardly believe a person from our time could use a mobile phone in the 1920s, without the proper external signal transmitter stations between the caller and the receiver. No way.

A mobile phone between two people dont even work if they stand very close to each other. They need a external station to transfer the signal to the right receiver.

If you dont pay your mobile bill for instance and you signal is canceled. The signal transmitted from your mobile is useless. So how could this person be talking on a mobile phone from the future?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef27c6687724.jpg[/atsimg]

Went searching and found an old hearing device which is what i think she is holding.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

These are very interesting.....you might be onto something here. Thing is, there would be no need to hold it near the mouth, if it's only for listening.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Why not, if your time traveling your in a different time not necessarily a different place correct? Sounds crazy but I think its possible.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

This is just a small segment taken out of context supposedly from the Chaplin movie titled The Circus. Had he shared the entire movie which included the clip he shared with us/his audience... we might have been able to determine if it had been spoofed by the people who actually made the DVD/CD. He restricted our ability to scrutinized the entire film... so I suspect that it's probably a trick.

Did you notice that the guy walking ahead of her/him almost looked reptilian? Now that was strange.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by spy66

Why not, if your time traveling your in a different time not necessarily a different place correct? Sounds crazy but I think its possible.

Yes, you might be in the same place, but you are not present in the same time frame as our technology.

Unless your signal goes to the future and is directed back to the receiver in the past. But to do that he would still need a external device to make that happen since the signal is going from one time to another.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The only thing I can really add to this is...

Wouldn't a time traveler be able to spring for a bluetooth?

great point
you're joking i think, but a time traveler might have better tech then a cell phone that looks like it was from the 1990s lol, I'm firmly behind the ear horn case closed

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join