It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Could be direct talk technology that nextell has. It can work up to 6 miles in perfect conditions with no tower needed.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Looks to me as if it was the only outfit he had to put on, perhaps he was not alone in this time frame? Was he talking to another person in the same year who was also there as a time traveler? I think so, but how would you transmit a cell phone without towers? I dont know, this is really really good stuff. Does our technology have the ability to transmit without cell towers?
edit on 21-10-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

A time traveler would most likely have a device that utilized a form of quantum entanglement to ensure communication outside/through space time. It is feasible to think that if technology to travel through time is developed that transmitting information through time wouldn't be much harder.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Just watched your "Chaplin's Time Traveler" clips on YouTube. Very fascinating indeed.

One thing that I would VERY much like to point out to you, is that you are looking so hard at the lady on the cell phone talking to her interplanetary craft, that you are COMPLETELY missing the gentlemen that just proceeds her. He is NOT human. He looks like a Gray alien, or something to that effect. There are 58 species last I heard, but I think they've found more now.

His face and head are COMPLETELY misshapen. His skin looks very weird, and he has no real ears to speak of, but some bumps or ridges that just kind of stick out slightly VERY FAR BACK on his neck.

SHE also is wearing wrap around black glasses in order to hide her Un-human eyes.

Her facial characteristics are bizzare JUST like the man who proceeded her walking. These two are simply NOT of this world.

I'm utterly convinced of it.

Would love to hear your response.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maceov

Just watched your "Chaplin's Time Traveler" clips on YouTube. Very fascinating indeed.

One thing that I would VERY much like to point out to you, is that you are looking so hard at the lady on the cell phone talking to her interplanetary craft, that you are COMPLETELY missing the gentlemen that just proceeds her. He is NOT human. He looks like a Gray alien, or something to that effect. There are 58 species last I heard, but I think they've found more now.

His face and head are COMPLETELY misshapen. His skin looks very weird, and he has no real ears to speak of, but some bumps or ridges that just kind of stick out slightly VERY FAR BACK on his neck.

SHE also is wearing wrap around black glasses in order to hide her Un-human eyes.

Her facial characteristics are bizzare JUST like the man who proceeded her walking. These two are simply NOT of this world.

I'm utterly convinced of it.

Would love to hear your response.

The "58 species" you have heard is from the TV show The Event.
Another geesh.....

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I agree, we try to build up an event (this event) using our current technology as a foundation but quantum communications is very promising since, to my understanding, quantum communication transcends distance, barriers, perhaps even time.

Maybe this lady has a quantum cellphone, that would explain away the need for a carrier.

The more I look at the video it looks very interesting.

Notice the black and white symbolism of the zebra? The Masons have something similar, a black and white checkerboard floor-(the symbolism of)

Hmm interesting. Isn't it a well-known fact that the elite/military have knowledge of technology at least 40-80 years ahead of what is known, but since introducing too much new technology would hurt their profits or power, they hid it to protect their established fortunes?

Perhaps the elite were flaunting the new technology in the movie...

The Illuminati is known to use symbolism or stories in movies to make something known to people because it's a sort of law within their circle that requires their plans to be known in advance.

PLUS... Charles Chaplin...Was a Freemason!

edit on 21-10-2010 by star in a jar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If it's a cell phone, then who is the service provider and where is their antenna?
Are we assuming she is speaking to someone back at "headquarters" or something?
Or maybe just a walkie talkie type device.?

I dunno, weird stuff. Or maybe she was a crazy person imitating someone talking on the phone.

Either way, I wish someone would filter the footage and do a shadow analysis or something.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I didn't go through ALL the post on this, but a good number. I'm surprised that no one said this is not a 1928 film. Since when does a 1928 movie have so many camera angles and close ups???? How ridiculous that someone says this is a time traveler. As many people mentioned who is this person talking to and what antenna could they be using.

I don't think this is a 1928 film.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I have to admit, I don’t grasp counter intuitive fully, but why do normal logical people debunk a idea “assuming time travel is possible & or if this is a cell phone” ….then say “if it was a time traveler & or if this is a cell phone then what good is a cell phone without towers/networks? I had to look this up but wouldn’t that be counter intuitive?, sorry lol feel short here on that definition, enlighten me.
O and I never said LINCOLN
you got the idea though.

edit on 21-10-2010 by Sippy Cup because: added cellphone

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by Beast Of Gevaudan

Oh its been brought up, several times actually. I don't blame you though, the threads replies are getting thick! What's to say that the technology couldn't be from the not so distant future? Perhaps the device being used does not require what our cell phones need today. I wonder what a person from the 80s or 90s would think after seeing this?

You're right, there are some "thick" replies being posted in this thread eg people actually entertaining the idea that we have footage of a timetraveller talking on some exotic communication device from our future. Let's use a fantastic theory that conveniently can't be proven or disproved to support a fantastic claim so we don't have to use reason and logic and spoil all the fun.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

There were no changing camera angles. The guy who uploaded the video recorded it directly from his TV. He was zooming in, changing angle and concentrating on different sections of the shot etc whilst recording it. The actual shot was from one angle only.

edit on 21-10-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

first off, if there were a contest for "thread of the year" this one would get my vote...this is so far above and beyond the usual garbage people post saying "lookit the UFO!!!!"

while i don't think it impossible for this to be some sort of man/woman from "the future" (nothing is impossible!) it honestly looks to me like he (or she) is playing with their hair, scratching their head, etc (perhaps adjusting a wig?) everything except for about 1/2 a second worth of hand movements from her (him?) suggests a cell phone, but when she starts to turn her head towards the camera, there is a very brief moment where her index finger and thumb come together that reminds me of twirling hair.

Add that to the idea that she's probably just talking to herself (don't have to be crazy to talk to yourself) and that could be what this results in?

I wish i had some sort of program to slow down and enhance video so i could look at it more, im only really going off of the pause button on youtube (LOL) but this hand movement stood out to me immediately on my very first watch.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Did anyone suspect the possibility that it DOES NOT have to be a cell phone?

How about something more mundane but plausible like a long distance walkie talkie? You know, to communicate with the other time traveler who might be doing his own business.
It would explain the lack of a need of a cell phone tower,
the resemblance of a phone, and
also solve the matter of "who the hell could she be talking to?"

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This thread caused me to join. Been reading ATS for years and thought I would just offer what it "may" be that the "women" with more testosterone than 4 average men combined could be holding.

A cigarette case? It's the only thing that could be small, slim and fit in a hand (granted a manly, oversized claw of a hand) and that would be appropriate for the time frame. As to why she was holding it up to her face? Blocking the sun. For the talking...she's nuts?

And if it were a time traveler (which I highly doubt). Who would he/she be talking to? Nothing like breaking prime directive :

Ok...you have clothing that blends in? Check
Your hidden well not to draw attention? Check
You have your Galaxy S phone with a HD camera and Super Amoled screen? Check...wait!

Interesting...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
A lone Time Traveler with a 'cell phone'. Just think about that premise right off the bat.

She was walking around in heels and had a gait of someone who walked in heels most of her life. For those of us old enough to remember older ladies who wore heels, that gait is indicative of someone who wore them a long time, years of her life.

And I've watched it over and over and see no definitive shape of anything in her hand.Unless we get a filter put on the footage and a shape of something can be recognized, it's just an old lady (50's back then) talking to her hand.

edit on 21-10-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here is something else to think about. What if there were more time travelers that have watched the movie in the future and thought it would be funny to go back to 1928 and get into the film. Now if there were more time travelers that made the trip that person in the film could. we be seeing said person in contact with the others that came with this person in the video.

Could happen you never know.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

First of all...You need a cell phone tower and service provider for it to be a cell phone....so, no go on the cell phone idea. Secondly, it's 1928 and no civilian had any gadgets of the sort.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I too find this piece of film quite fascinating, probably the most interesting piece of footage I have seen for a long time. It is amazing how your mind conjurs up something, but in all honesty I cannot see why any person would have their hand to their ear for such a great length of time, in the position that the hand is in. People keep talking about ear trumpets and the like, but these contraptions I believe were too large and wouldn't appear as slim as the object that the person is supposedly holding in the film footage. Also, people keep mentioning cell towers.....now if this person was a time traveller, we don't know from what time period this time traveller could have travelled from. Therefore we don't know how technology had evolved in order for their to be no need for cell towers. I am not a technological guru and don't know much about such apparatus, but things further in our future could alter the way that we communicate each other, and certain apparatus that we know of today, may no longer be in use in future generations. But I must admit, I do find the film clip most intriguing. I wanna get the video and have a look for myself now and see if the person pops up anywhere else. I am sure that there must be someone out there with the technical capability to be able to look at the film in more detail and work out what is really going on. But saying that, I really want it to be a time traveller, maybe it's me in the future, who knows....I do have a big nose!! hahahaha.....

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
She looks 'manly' because that's how old ladies looked back then. These were European Immigrants still new here, even in Hollywood. Women had a different build back then.

A time traveler who has a gait like some lady with bad knees or corns on her toes? She must have gotten stuck in the 20's for a long while.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bartibog

Well you also need time travel technology to be able to time travel too, just saying

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It certainly does look like a person talking on cell phone. But there is something else that bothers me...
Look at his/her feet. Those shoes are just plain huge...something not normal about them, the way they bend? I can't put my finger on it, but it strikes me as weird. Just watch him/her walking.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join