It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't seem to find where you can download BOINC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hellooo

I'm either as blind as a bat and can only see things that are raised (key boards..etc) or I got totally lost on the BOINC site and can't find where on earth the link to downloading it is....either way, I can't find it...

Can anyone help me out? I've looked through threads on BOINC (okay the first page...lol...)...

Mmm...I have 13 WUs at the mo, hehe...wayyy less then some ppl here...lol but it's just bugging me I can't find the BOINC download anywhere...

For anyone who has BOINC...does it look good?
or do I have to suffer for changing to BOINC from SETI with a horrible looking err...thing?..lol I'm a very graphical person...can't stand it when something is out of place...lol

Will BOINC have a "graph" like SETI does? or do I have to just suffer and not stare at the graph as I'm eating Chinese?

Man...I need to stop with this suffer thing today...lol... Been up late.

Love and *YAWN* light
Phoenix

xn

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The Seti Boinc site is down right now.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The Seti-BOINC website is up again. It can be found here:
setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu...
(I found the site to be a little slow, they say they are still upgrading to help with the preformance problems)

xn

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
thank u again xn...lol I don't see how I missed that, but I have it down loaded but it refuses to work on me...I'll try out the ID thing later...

other than that
Ciao!
Phoenix

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I tried today and it seems to work, will be switching once i have my 100wu on s@h classic.

Having downloaded and installed it, it appears to just redownload s@h 3.08, but into the boinc directory. what difference does it actually make? and does setimon still work?

[edit on 4-7-2004 by minimi]

d1k

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm going to stay with the old SETI@Home CLI client until they shut it down. I want to get as much as possible at the end.

I want to get up to 5th place on the ATS list before the old client stops.

[edit on 4-7-2004 by d1k]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thats what i would do, but i wasn't with the old s@h at the start, so i want to be with the new one to climb up the rankings without several years handicap.

new topics

top topics

join