It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White orbs filmed by a Russian pilot. Satellites? You decide.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have found this video today. It was posted in a blog which is maintained by a Russian commercial pilot nicknamed Letchik (pilot in Russian) Lekha. He flies a 737, he's an aspiring photographer and he's also a UFO sceptic more or less.

It looks like this video was captured at cruising altitude, 30 000 feet probably. Lekha himself assumed that the 2 objects were probably satellites. He has also stated that during his flights he sees quite a lot of stuff in the sky that can't be explained and that he shot this video just because he "was bored".

Would be nice if local experts chimed in and commented whether the two white orbs could really be satellites or some weather baloons or something else, maybe?

It's a shame that Lekha got bored with these UFOs quickly, distracted also by some oncoming traffic.

The video is also available in HD 1080P.

edit on 21/10/2010 by WideOpenSpace because: video tags

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WideOpenSpace

Hey the video doesnt work! Just make sure to only use the numbers & letters after the = in the URL to embed a Youtube Video...if you need help let me know

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 21-10-2010 by ziggyproductions05 because: dbl post

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry. Fixed it now.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I honestly couldnt say what they are but im also not sure about the satelite theory either, they seem to be too close together for satelites. Im sure there are measures taken so they dont get too close, much like aeroplanes.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Im no expert in satellites but it seems way too low and way too close to be satellites..Weather balloons usually have a long rope hanging off them that is sometimes easy to see, but if its a weather balloon, why are there two? Im sure its possible it could be some sort of weather balloon technology..im not sure on this

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Unlikely to be satellites, as the lowest orbiting satellites (usually short term) would orbit at least 100 miles above the earth. You wouldn't see those while cruising at 30,000 feet, or 40/50 thousand for that matter. Weather balloons or some kind of other meteorlogical device is a possibility, but it's strange that there's two together but apparently unconnected. Strange one.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I seen this video early this morning
darn...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

WideOpenSpace…..

My guess is the objects are aircraft that appear close together, but in reality are widely spatially separated. I think this becomes more apparent towards the end of the video wherein I think I can see the shape of one of the objects more clearly defined as “aircraft-like” with a “short” contrail behind the object. Admittedly, this is not clear & certainly open to interpretation.

As per my previous posts on this subject wherein I have utilized the excellent work of DepthOfField, the apparent "absence" of a "structure" has been shown to occur with planes reflecting sunlight on a number of occasions on ATS.

To help illustrate my point (above) pertaining to the strange appearances of aircraft when illuminated by the sun, here is a post from another thread by DepthOfField that shows some examples of this.

Posted by DepthOfField on 24-6-2009 @ 21:04:

I didn't bet if i were you it it was not a plain

I've explained above why it could be a plane.

And here are examples taken with different camera, by a guy which i know him, and he knows what he shot: a plain!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43cff9222f68.jpg[/atsimg]

Taken from here: www.rufon.org...

forget the language (romanian), but see the pictures (or try google translate).

Of course, different camera, different bokeh. Yet, "donuts"

On that topic there are other examples of how "strange" an airplane can appear.

Here is one of my personal photo as an example of other kind "strangeness". A sun glint on it's body, but no body seen at all (invisible aircraft?
) . Yet, i know what i photographed, it was an ordinary plain:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd40af722497.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's another good example provided by DepthOfField

Posted by DepthOfField on 10-1-2010 @ 08:19:

Just one older example of mine... how a trivial airplane, flying maybe at 5 ..10 km up or so, without contrails, can appear later on the photo, when sunlight angles and perspective, along with powerfull optical zoom (12x) can stretch the things.

The following picture shows the same plane, and the time marks when the photo was taken, together with some relevant EXIF data (F-number, exposure time):

here another external version, since ATS media portal recompresses too much the file adding some jpeg artifacts): img519.imageshack.us...

While when up from my head, the plane is easy to understand, later, when much far away and low to the horizon, along with sun glare on its body, the shape became much more "anomalous".

Integral post is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 21-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thats a good theory MMN. My only concern is the videographer is a pilot. Dont you think he may've seen planes at different distances before and would know what it was? This isnt just your average Joe filming this per se - But your idea is definately plausible.

ETA - Also, wouldnt the pilot have contact with the radar tower and be able to distinguish if these were in fact planes if he wanted? It just seems he mustve been pretty ignorant in finding answers if this was indeed planes.
edit on 21-10-2010 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Maybe...maybe not,

Thanks, it was an interesting read. Could be something of that nature of course. Not sure though that I see what you saw here when you wrote

I think this becomes more apparent towards the end of the video wherein I think I can see the shape of one of the objects more clearly defined as “aircraft-like” with a “short” contrail behind the object.

To my eyes the two objects look the same throughout the video. There is an actual plane with a short contrail at the end of the video, past 1.00 mark, which the pilots commented on as "a scandinavian coming". Did you mean that one maybe?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

Thats a good theory MMN. My only concern is the videographer is a pilot. Dont you think he may've seen planes at different distances before and would know what it was? This isnt just your average Joe filming this per se - But your idea is definately plausible.

Ziggyproductions05.....

I re-read the little commentary we have available about this piece of video.

It is noted the pilot is "a UFO sceptic more or less".

Is it possible the pilot posted the vidoes in the blog with the knowledge the objects were aircraft, in order to see who he could "catch out"?

It is noted "Lekha got bored with these UFOs quickly".

I wonder if the pilot would have "got bored with these UFOs quickly" if he really thought the objects were "unknowns"?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I guess its possible he's trying to do some sort of 'hoax'. Its a tough job to analyze someones intentions and interpret their written words. But why would a pilot jeopardize his name for the sake of posting videos like this? I think the whole 'getting bored' with the UFO's is because they arent flashing, zig zagging, like some videos we've seen ..Something made him want to film it and I think we should take heed to this persons opinion considering his proffession.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Ziggyproductions05.....

I re-read the little commentary we have available about this piece of video.

It is noted the pilot is "a UFO sceptic more or less".

Is it possible the pilot posted the vidoes in the blog with the knowledge the objects were aircraft, in order to see who he could "catch out"?

It is noted "Lekha got bored with these UFOs quickly".

I wonder if the pilot would have "got bored with these UFOs quickly" if he really thought the objects were "unknowns"?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I think I should comment here. Here's a link to the actual post with comments and Lekha's responses.

letchikleha.livejournal.com...

And the google translation of the page:

Google translation of the page

People asked him whether it was common for him to see UFOs during his flights and he said that he normally sees something unexplained like every 3 flights. Whatever the heck it is, he does not know and my impression was that he does not care too much, because he just cannot explain it. I think that he got bored because he saw unexplained things like this one before so it did not really matter to him. He should be really working up there instead of filming UFOs, I guess.

I don't think he's trying to create a hoax or anything. I remember people asking him about UFOs and stuff before but he always avoided the subject and he was obviously not interested.

And finally, he said that the objects in the video were satellites.
edit on 21/10/2010 by WideOpenSpace because: fixed the link

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Ziggyproductions.....

It's hard to be definitive.....perhaps more will come out in the blog.

I wonder if there's any chance we could get Letchik on here to discuss the sighting?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

WideOpenSpace.....

That "interpretation" page won't let me in.

As I said above, it would be interesting if we could discuss this directly with Letchik.

Upon reviewing that video again, I still think my interpretation "holds some water".

However as with so many of these videos, the poor resolution, the compression effects, etc... make it very difficult to be definitive.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 21-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I agree, there is nothing better than getting the actual person who filmed it to answer questions. Have you tried contacting him yet? If you need any assistance let me know my friend.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I would be curious to know what his instruments and radar were telling him while he was filming. It's a shame he didn't scan his instruments with the camera while he was filming. I would also like to know where he was and his direction of travel when the objects were sighted.

Interesting, but certainly far from conclusive of anything mysterious or ET, but an interesting find nonetheless.

edit on 22/10/10 by FactFinder because: misspelled word

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I went to Alexei's (Lekha) blog and asked him whether he was able to see the objects on the radar. I received no response, while he did answer most of the questions by other people and made a new post since then. I believe that he's not interested to discuss this any more.

He's a former military pilot by the way.

letchikleha.livejournal.com...

new topics

top topics

join